ACE ATTORNEY GAMES

Pages: first prev 12 last
post=129634
I've played 4 of them.

The first one is definitely my favorite - best cases and characters, with less anime idiocy than in the sequels, best music. Miles's case was simply awesome. I have very fond memories of this game, unlike the sequels.

Agreed on the music. "Cornered 2001" trumps all the other cornered themes in my opinion.

Also, finish PW:T&T dammit. Do it for Godot.
post=129634
I've played 4 of them.

The first one is definitely my favorite - best cases and characters, with less anime idiocy than in the sequels, best music. Miles's case was simply awesome. I have very fond memories of this game, unlike the sequels.

2 was... OK. Fan service level was rising, but it was still resonable. Psyche-lock was a useless addition, and marked the beginning of esoterism/parapsychology intrusion into a pretty normal world of 1. It made me enjoy the game much less than the original. Was this the one with the circus case? Or was it 3? Because that was the worst case of all I've played. Pure garbage.

3 was terrible. Fan service abound, cases were far-fetched and simply not engrossing. Characters... ugh, ANIME SHOCK! I -somehow- got to the last case and quit halfway through. Hasn't picked it up since.

I skipped Apollo Justice after seeing the cast and hobo Phoenix. And reading about the new and better psyche-lock... NOT.

Miles... is a very uneven game. On one hand it is more serious than AA (which i like after 2 and 3), and I must admit i like Miles more than Phoenix, on the other it lacks something. Cases are rather uninspired and there's just too much coincidence in each. Case 2 was very fun, Case 4 not so much (I'm at the beginning of the last one ATM). There's one aspect of the game that drives me nuts... FRANZISKA! I hate that stupid b***h so much it makes me want to turn off my DS every time she opens her mouth; and yet they decided to put her in almost every case. If only the wicked mind of the game's creator's never conceived her...

All in all the series suffers from the same disease pretty much every anime game series does - rampant fan service. There's only so many times I can bear seing the same secondary characters over and over and over again, in each and every episode. Wasn't Wendy Oldbag in ALL games? That's too much.

I wish I stopped at the original, skipped 2, 3, and 4, and picked up Investigations. Oh, and I'm not fan of anime humor, maybe that's why I don't "get" 2-4.

What do you mean by "Fan Service" exactly?

I can't even Imagine Ace Attorney without the quirky and weird characters. Thats like... One Piece without it's unique and weird style.
I've only played the first two. Started playing the 3rd one, didn't like the beginning, but my DS Lite + cyclods was stolen so who knows when I'll actually buy the games.
Pages: first prev 12 last