ROCK AND SWITCH PUZZLE

Pages: 1
Okay. When making a puzzle where you need to push an object onto a switch you need two variables to represent the x and y coordinates of the object. It seems that the only way to change these variables when the object is pushed is by putting a variable operation on the object where it would say something like:
Conditional branch if hero is facing down
Variable operation 001 Rock Coord Y - 1
Move event - This event
Move down
Else
Conditional branch if hero is facing right
etc, etc, etc.
So with this system in place, if the player pushes the object into a wall the variables still change even though the object's placement never changes. Is there any way to avoid this problem? Unchecking the "Ignore if impossible move" box would just make the rock stuck against the wall unable to be moved.
in the variable operation menu, choose sprite and the respective coordinates of "this event".
this way you can get both x and y coordinates easily without branches and stuff.
Just make sure to place the variable operations after the movement one
post=137272
in the variable operation menu, choose sprite and the respective coordinates of "this event".
this way you can get both x and y coordinates easily without branches and stuff.
Just make sure to place the variable operations after the movement one

I'm not sure I understand. Would this get rid of the problem of when the hero attempts to push a rock into the wall and it doesn't move but it still changes the x or y coord variable?
OH! I understand. Thank you so much!
Pages: 1