NEED SOMEONE TO LOOK AT THIS MESSAGE I SENT TO MAGI.

Pages: first 12 next last
My game: Tales of Another World was denied because of/ reason for: :"Tales of True Tales Presents: A TRUE TALES PRODUCTION: Tales From Another World. Coming to an RMN near you in 2022!". I don't understand this. So could you please explain to me what this means and how I can fix this so I can retry at submitting.
To tell the truth i've been working on this game for about 5-6 weeks to get it finished, looking good and trying to be really serious. The part I don't understand is I submitted a game that i was not trying to be serious on (Cod WaW: Nazi Zombies) and it got accepted. My paragraph was bare minimum and the game really sucked. So could you please tell me what the riddle ,up at the beggining, means and how I could fix it. The reason why is because I really want to get my game demo up to see if I should continue towards the end of the game. I mean who wants to finish a game and have nobody like it. I sure don't.
(indention here)So in the end I hope you help me to submit this. I really need the help with opinions on my game. I can't get opinions from just everybody I know because sometimes the truth hurts so they might not say the truth, but on the internet people are not afraid to say something because they are not there face-to-face. So please could you help me.
Sincerely,
Worrierjeb

What's your opinion on this message asking if he could tell me what that little riddle-sentence ment.
the indention thing is because the chat box wouldnt allow an indention three for some reason. =(
Ah, I remember your game, it popped up in the IRC discussion yesterday.

Now, these might not be the entire reason it was rejected - I'm not a moderator or whatever, after all - but here's my guesses.

(I'm assuming this is the same Tales of Another World we're talking about. If not, my apologies.)

This looks really half-assed. Your background doesn't fill the entire game window, your options menu overlaps the title text, and three quarters of the screenshot aren't even of your game. Tip: Pressing Alt+Printscreen takes a screenshot of just one window.

All in all, it seems really rushed. I know you said you worked on it for five or six weeks, but for RPGs, a lot of the time that's not enough. But don't decide whether or not to finish your game based on what people think; finish it for yourself and for the experience. You need practice to become good at this stuff - RPG dev isn't easy.

As for your question, your submission paragraph was probably very cliche, and you probably said Tales a lot or something like that. So that response was probably a sarcastic mockery of that. Again, wasn't me, so I can't say for sure. But that would be my guess.

Good luck with your future endeavors, and don't let one little rejection get you down.

Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
This is the second topic in a week where you ask why your game hasn't been accepted. No one is going to tell you anything different this time.

http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/5673/?post=121975#post121975

This will tell you everything you need to know. If you did everything on that list and your game still wasn't accepted, maybe it isn't ready to be submitted yet. Keep working on it and try again in a few weeks/months.

The majority of games on this site get rejected at first so don't take it personally.
It hasnt been just one rejection..... its been 3-4. and that screen shot i forgot to upload the other one that want like that. Also it's just a Demo not a full game. unfrotunatley I didn''t catch the fact that i picked the wrong one photo out of my folder. So ya I've been having a tough time deciding whether or not to just give up and find a different hobby. I'm thinking about doing one last game if this doesnt ever get accepted though and it'll be a co-poduction between me and a friend. I'll probly giveTales another 2-3 tries before i give up.
Don't just re-submit for another two or three tries. Actually fix your game's problems. Then you'll actually get it accepted.
The
post=137842
.The majority of games on this site get rejected at first so don't take it personally.
Well my game was denied a 4th time and the reason was:"Tales of True Tales Presents: A TRUE TALES PRODUCTION: Tales From Another World. Coming to an RMN near you in 2022!". I don't understand full what this meens. What i get from it is my game will never get accepted, but thats just me. I think there is still hope. Some hope... so ima continue trying.
You might want to type with proper grammar and spelling.
kitten2021
Returning from RMVX Death
Worrierjeb, you might want to stop and just listen to them... Go work on your game and fix what IS wrong with it. Believe me, it is ~not~ going to be something accepted if it looks like you actually, as Nullmech put it:
post=137840
...half-assed.

... the game together... Get it to look good or better yet just decent and you should have no problem...
Please also keep in mind, I'm no moderator, but that would be my biggest and probably best guess... ;)
Just a bit of friendly advise...
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
worrierjeb is kind of retarded but I don't think sarcasm/wit is a very good way to notify someone why a game was cancelled

The majority of games on this site get rejected at first so don't take it personally.

Is this actually true!?

I don't think it was when I was staff, but maybe I was just paying even less attention the submission queue then I thought I was.
kitten2021
Returning from RMVX Death
Max is right, and I will apologize for that (been in a bad mood myself all day... Took it out on wrong person, sry).
Max McGee
I was actually referring to Magi's original message, kitten, which wasn't overwhelmingly mean, just really unhelpful. As far as I'm concerned you can do w/e you want (within reason) because you're not site staff and you didn't make the call to reject his game.

Well my game was denied a 4th time and the reason was:"Tales of True Tales Presents: A TRUE TALES PRODUCTION: Tales From Another World. Coming to an RMN near you in 2022!".

But maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here...what was the reason for it being denied the FIRST three times worrierjeb?
well i got denied for not very good mapping and bad story telling so i fixed it up after three tris and then on the 4th try i got that message. So ya i think im not allowed to submit that game or sumething.
post=137849
You might want to type with proper grammar and spelling.
About that: I check to make sure i have no spelling errors or grammer errors when submitting something. I only make errors in the forums and which the errors arent that bad as some could be.
post=137864
Worrierjeb, you might want to stop and just listen to them... Go work on your game and fix what IS wrong with it. .
I already did that and i think i did fix the mapping and fixed my story telling.

I'm just so close to calling it quites cause it seems that everyone expects this somehow almost... perfection. I meen this is what.... my first serious game demo and its just too much for me. I just wanted to send in the demo so i could get some feedback without people just looking at a couple screenshots and deciding whether it is worthy or not.
Here's a thought. Work a bit more on your project - tweaking things here and there to make it look and play better.
Try playing a few of the better-scored games on the site and checking out the layout of their game pages.
Then re-tweak your project again.

Give it a few weeks for the memory of your game to pass, meanwhile making a longer demo for us to play, with more content. Repost it taking into account all that you've learned and it should, supposing your done as guidelines say, be accepted.

But yes, play some other games and compare them to your own game to see how much better you can make yours to be.
You should really listen to everyone, and if all else fails go back into the forums, and read what makes a good submission. Personally i wont be even releasing my demo for another 6 months, in my honest opinion. That however, is only because i dont want it rejected, and im trying to get some mass amount of sprites to work with.
I have played other games. So how many other games to i have to play?
post=137995
, and read what makes a good submission.
I have read that twice and i tried doing that
If this really is your first game demo, then I think you need more practice. You should get to know the maker you're using, play other games made with it (or in something else) and get a feel for what people around here are expecting. Then all you need to do is come up with a good plan for a game, and make it.
Max McGee
this post was removed for its crassness
Well I know how to use the maker quite well it just seems everybody expects perfection in everything when it comes to this maker. I've been working in this game for longer than a month. That month was just tidying it up and making it a demo. I had worked on it for a couple months about a year or two ago. While tidying it up I had to make the dialouge better by working on the spelling and capitalization errors. Then I had to fix any and all maps that had no point. So ya 3 months total would just about sum up the makig time on it.
About the message I sent to Magi.... I think he hates me or something or thinks im just not worky of his time. Mostly because he didn't send me a message back helping me so ya. That doesn't help me at all.
Well I know how to use the maker quite well it just seems everybody expects perfection in everything when it comes to this maker.

If you're being rejected when compared to all of the accepted games on RMN, you've got some serious problems.
Pages: first 12 next last