WORST BOSS FIGHTS

Pages: first prev 123 next last
post=145662
It was pure dumb luck. Or maybe I just suck at KH.

I'd say the first, 'cause I have problems with him even on multiple playthroughs. He's probably the most difficult in the game.

As for my worst boss.... probably Seymour.... whichever one he is at Mt Gagazet, if only 'cause you have to be stupidly quick to prepare your characters for his sword attack, or face the loading screen for another time...

Or it could possibly be the Theif battle in Koudelka. Bosses leading upto him can be an absolute cakewalk, if you spam the buffing spells on characters. However this guy Acts first, can use a combo of gunshots that will drop a party member pretty much instantly AND on top of that, to hit him with pretty much any weapon, you have to break all three of the defensive barricades that are on the row in front of him. Difficulty Spike to the extreme much?
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
post=145700
Didn't everyone else just charge their overdrives before fighting bosses in Final Fantasy X? I don't think I had any problems with any boss in that game...

That's what my wife did. I found the game much more challenging and rewarding because I allowed myself to play to the gimmicks they had for each fight. But! That's not to say that face punching a game like my wife does isn't a fun way to do it.

I laughed the best when she trounced seymore in that damned elemental circle battle thing at the end.

Anyway, I think one of the cheapest bosses is Cloud of Darkness in FF3. Flare every turn, and you can't buy phoenix downs. not to mention the awful grind of two dungeons back to back + string of bosses and NO SAVING.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I was really disappointed in Final Fantasy 3 period. Overly annoying to the end.
The battle with Pop in Luminous Arc 2. Her regular attacks are so strong that the battle is downright unfair on the first playthrough.
And the Dark Elf in Final Fantasy IV. And the battle with the Crystal King in Paper Mario. His multiplying move is driving me mad.
The boss fight with Ganon in Ocarina of Time because it was so lame.

I did not just play 20 hours of LoZ to play FUCKING PONG >:|
But pong is a Zelda tradition...

I've never had problems with bosses as with the games themselves.
Let me see...
in most recent memory
Comrade Black from de Blob was cunningly annoying as it brought all of the game's frustrating gamplay aspects into one battle. I don't think a lot of games can pull something off that comprehensive.

I wonder if anyone else actually played de Blob, which is a great game.
post=145753

Yeah, but after that he turns from Ganondorf to Ganon! and you shoot light arrows at him!
post=145751
And the battle with the Crystal King in Paper Mario. His multiplying move is driving me mad.

I was going to name this battle because it was thoroughly disapointing. It was really easy, and didn't feel like the last non-Bowser boss in the game to me. Plus it was just some random character, who didn't even look threatening. Overall really meh battle.

But it was quick!
The optional Sephiroth battles in Kingdom Hearts I and II. (KH1 Sephy was harder, imo)
"Sin... harvest."
Or it could possibly be the Theif battle in Koudelka. Bosses leading upto him can be an absolute cakewalk, if you spam the buffing spells on characters. However this guy Acts first, can use a combo of gunshots that will drop a party member pretty much instantly AND on top of that, to hit him with pretty much any weapon, you have to break all three of the defensive barricades that are on the row in front of him. Difficulty Spike to the extreme much?

That was the only battle in Koudelka that gave me any real trouble, aside from the last one.

I really love that game and I'm shocked that it's so hated.
Haha yeah it's a good game, plus it leads into/ is a part of the Shadow Hearts story (Can't remember which) if I remember right. It just had it's stupidly hard parts, even though I remember beating that stupid thief one time, I'm stuck on it now... argh!
The Green Eye

If your Mech blows up, you die! If you run out of energy, you die!
post=145753

I'm pretty sure Ganondorf is a mage so thats the only way he would fight. He's supposed to be like the final boss of the light realm in A Link To The Past. Including the ridiculus use of other Items to beat him. Bottle anyone?
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
you can use the bottle in OoT as well!

and a fishing rod in twilight princess.
I think like almost all the Zelda games use the pong thing and it's kind of a really boring and overused battle mechanic at this point
post=145960
Haha yeah it's a good game, plus it leads into/ is a part of the Shadow Hearts story (Can't remember which) if I remember right. It just had it's stupidly hard parts, even though I remember beating that stupid thief one time, I'm stuck on it now... argh!

Both. It's more or less a prequel to Shadow Hearts.

That's a series I thought had a lot of potential. Why oh why did "From the New World" have to exist??
Most people think SH2: Covenant is the best, but I prefer the first one. Covenant is better looking and plays better, but SH had a much darker plot and a scarier/creepier atmosphere. Covenant was still dark, but it felt tuned down in comparison and almost tailer-made for the mainstream. It was noticeably sillier than the first one (but not to the point it became grating). I still loved it, however.

'From The New World' on the other hand...brought the campiness up to eleven and nearly erased everything that made the SH series unique in the first place.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Oh, right, KH/FF bosses. Hmm. Well, I actually enjoy the Xaldin battle, specially since Anti-Sora usually shows up about then.
All the KH bosses are pssht except for Sephiroth. Though, I reckon I could beat him on Normal now, since I have clocked the game totally on Expert except for him. >:|
Originally I had difficulty with Anti-Sora but after I started equipping accessories with +Dark I beat him much easier.
FFX...Seymour on Mount Gagazet, yes, that was hard, but charging Aeons/Characters overdrives gives me breathing space. Specially if you Mix up a Mighty G of some sort.
Yunalesca >:[ Zombie + Mega Death was GRAH. Only boss I properly raged at.

The first proper boss fight after becoming l'Cie in FF13 made me rage because I didn't get what the hell I was doing. Luckily I had the walkthrough (I was avoiding it up to that point) because I would've given up then otherwise.
I gave up at the 5th Ark because of Pulsework Soldiers. >:[.
Pages: first prev 123 next last