REQUEST:RE SIZED SPRITES, AND BATTLE SPRITES (USEING RM2K3)

Pages: 1
Hi, I am having trouble with character sprites that need re sizing. I made the walking sprites below, but they're to big.I would like some one who knows how to re size to re size them, because EVERY time I do it,they turn out like shit, because apparently I suck at re sizing >.<. please reply soon, I am open to more then one person re sizing them, you will be thanked in the credits.

As for battle sprites, I would like the sprites below to be made into battle sprite form for rm2k3 style. Same thing as before, You will be thanked in credits.

Please reply soon, thank you for your time.
Sorry to tell ya dude, but it will always look bad when re-sizing those sprites for rm2k/3. they are just too big. aint they for XP?

ill give it a try for you anyway.
post=148662
Sorry to tell ya dude, but it will always look bad when re-sizing those sprites for rm2k/3. they are just too big. aint they for XP?

ill give it a try for you anyway.
I dont have XP, and thanks, but they won't always look terrible. And old friend of mine was EXTREAMLY freaking good at re sizing, but we lost touch a LONG time ago...ah, great memorize. *thinks about past*

Hows that? Test it in game first to see what you think.

EDIT: Okay maybe next time i should spend more than 5 seconds re sizing something. The faces are the wrong way and the background colour isn't set and it needs to be shifted up a bit anyway. But i think that looks alright . But they still seem a bit big to me.
it said invalid color depth >.<
I'll do it again for you 2moro then fella. See what I can do.
post=148669

Download IrfanView and open that edit p3k10 did in it. Then Image --> Decrease Color Depth --> 256 Colors. Then save the file. It should work after that!
post=148728
post=148669
Download IrfanView and open that edit p3k10 did in it. Then Image --> Decrease Color Depth --> 256 Colors. Then save the file. It should work after that!
Thanks, but there's no way that my PC can handle anything else on here XD, I got WAY to much crap on here, seeing as it's the family PC. >.< and I would hate to ask this, but if u have it, or if p3k10 has it, then it would be awesome if one of you can do it, but it's completely okay if you can't. and thanks for the help so far. ^-^

You should really get it, though. It's a big advantage if you want to deal with graphics. It's just 1MB and you already have RPG Maker and a bunch of other crap like resources on your PC, so why not this?
post=148739
You should really get it, though. It's a big advantage if you want to deal with graphics. It's just 1MB and you already have RPG Maker and a bunch of other crap like resources on your PC, so why not this?
1.I can't get it because my PC's slow enough as it is >.<
2.it still says invalid color depth >.< maybe my pc just hates me >.< but thanks for trying to help at least ^-^

edit: though...I could use my external hard drive to get it, I mean, that's how I DL these game, so after I DL the game you pm'ed to me and play it for a little, then I'll get it ^-^ thanks.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
It's still not a very good edit. If you zoom in you can easily see all the outside pixels and stuff due to resizing. Use nearest neighbor filtering when resizing instead of bicubic/bilinear. You'd have to manually fix it and place them in correctly in the template.

I don't have the time to go and fix it myself but I'll suggest that you probably hit up the character generator for 2k3 and work off of the RTP size for 2k3 instead of XP/VX, there probably would be a little more variety of stuff for 2k3 too.

Actually, wait. It fits, just barely.

I'm not doing the others, and I'm not quite sure if they will in fact fit, but make sure they all fit into a 24x32 frame for RM2k3. I would use a program like Graphics Gale, set a grid to 24x32 and position them in there. Chop off some pixels and edit a little bit if it is slightly wider or bigger than that.
post=148747
Use nearest neighbor filtering when resizing instead of bicubic/bilinear.

I didn't know we could filter sprites that way when resizing. Like Emulator Filters? Where can we get such filters? Can we use them with Graphics Gale? S:
Thanks, after I edited them a little, I managed to fix it...sorta...it fits now ^-^ I'll just try more on re sizing them ^_^;
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
post=148762
post=148747
Use nearest neighbor filtering when resizing instead of bicubic/bilinear.
I didn't know we could filter sprites that way when resizing. Like Emulator Filters? Where can we get such filters? Can we use them with Graphics Gale? S:

That is in Photoshop. Graphics Gale I assume would have Nearest neighbor (just straight pixel resizing instead of blurring it which is better for photos and stuff) as the default.
I just used Photoshop and resized them to fit in the grid. I had no idea about these filters too. Is this a process that happens when resizing Ocean?

Also it seems to me that a lot of people here recommend Graphics Gale, but my all time personal favourite has to be iDraw. I just use adobe and then iDraw for the background colour. Works a charm everytime.
I just use adobe and then iDraw for the background colour. Works a charm everytime.

??? What do you mean by "iDraw for the background color"
Because the colour selection/modification in iDraw is pretty awesome when it comes to anything 256 colours or less.
If you are using Photoshop, you don't need to need to switch to another program for anything else.
If you are using CS4, go to File > Save for Web and Devices. This function used to be handled by ImageReady in older versions of Photoshop (prior to CS3). In this mode, when you click on a color in the table, there's a selection box that says, "Only Web Colors." Use the eyedropper tool on the background in the image and replace the color.

I think Fireworks handles this sort of thing as well. I really need to start trying it out.
post=148796
??? What do you mean by "iDraw for the background color"

the first colour in the platelet is the default transparent colour.

post=148820
If you are using Photoshop, you don't need to need to switch to another program for anything else.

...i did not know this haha. but idraw is still awesome for tweaking.
Pages: 1