LOZ RPG

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Lufia 2, and most of the Wild ARMs series of games, are RPGs with areas and dungeons full of Legend of Zelda style puzzles. Your characters get various tools (grappling hooks, bombs, flame wands, and some less predictable ones) and use them to unlock areas and solve puzzles.

Lufia 2 is a traditional RPG for the SNES, but has aged pretty well and is still quite fun. Wild ARMs is a series of fantasy western RPGs, especially Wild ARMs 3, where the western theme is dialed up to eleven. The newer Wild ARMs games after 3 stopped following the same style of games, and no longer have puzzles. Wild ARMs: Alter Code F is also good, it's of the same style as the first three Wild ARMs games (it actually is a remake of the first Wild ARMs game, with the same story but completely different gameplay).

Wild ARMs 3 probably is the best one to play, if you want to play one of them. Someone will argue with me, because it's the hardest or because they don't like how personal skills were done or they hate the plot or something. But don't listen to them, it's a really fun game.
RIP Wild Arms series. 4 was the absolute biggest disappointment I've ever known :(
I'm 9% done changed story now.SPOILERS Zelda sensing something happening at the triforce shrine. Zelda asks Link to go check it out, at the shrine Link finds Nayru there and she sends him to another kingdom saying that they need help there. At the kingdom the knight captain revolted and so did half the knights. The other knights are holding off monsters and the king asks you for help END SPOILERS
what do you think now?
Why are you so intent on making a Zelda game? This is a serious question, I am just wondering why it has to be specifically about Link.
post=150504
I'm 9% done changed story now.SPOILERS Zelda sensing something happening at the triforce shrine. Zelda asks Link to go check it out, at the shrine Link finds Nayru there and she sends him to another kingdom saying that they need help there. At the kingdom the knight captain revolted and so did half the knights. The other knights are holding off monsters and the king asks you for help END SPOILERS
what do you think now?

Why did they revolt?
This is still a boring story.
And pretty much no Zelda game has a good plotline.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
post=150510
This is still a boring story.

That actually makes it fitting, technically. Just not in a good way. Though it's hard to tell whether it's a good plot or not without actually seeing how it plays out.

I guess as long as it's full of Zelda puzzles and Zelda tools and Zelda herself, a shitty plot isn't too big a deal.

Twilight Princess has an amazing plot, though. Or, well, no, the premise is actually pretty typical, but Midna saves it by being the best character ever.

Majora's Mask.
LockeZ
post=150517
Majora's Mask.

You're fired
post=150517
Majora's Mask.

That's why I said "pretty much." :)

Majora's Mask is far superior than any other game in the series by a factor of about 20.
LockeZ
Uh, isn't the plot of Majora's Mask that a dumb-looking harmless monster with a creepy name stole a mask from a really annoying peddler, and then Link falls into a tree and dreams that the moon - which is possessed by the mask - is going to crash into the earth as a result, and before he can stop it he has to reverse the spell that turned him into a talking potted plant? And then for no apparent reason he meets everyone he's ever met, but they're all different people that just look the same, Wizard of Oz style. And then at the end Link wakes up, but not before Tingle has been introduced to the series, his presence ruining all future Zelda games forever.

You're right, that was amazingly epic and well-written. Oh, wait. No. I meant the other thing. Idiotic. Yeah, that one.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Your description only made it sound even more awesome.
I guess the opening 15 minutes accounts for the entire rest of the game then

Seriously, if you're gonna try to say the story isn't good, you could talk about the story. Btw Tingle has been in like 4 games ever, and he was only a major character in one of them, every other time you didnt even have to talk to him or see him.

On a side note, I fail to see how the plot in TP was good. The first hour is like a bunch of shit they don't explain at all, then it actually gets good in the middle, and near the end it just basically goes "lol ganondorf" and you fight him for the billionth time.

I'm not trying to troll you or anything, those are just my thoughts.
post=150571
Your description only made it sound even more awesome.
LockeZ
Well, see, in Majora's Mask the first and last 30 minutes are the entire plot. Because you just repeat the first 30 minutes over and over again until you beat it, and then you're at the ending. QED. I admit the time travel thing was interesting, but it didn't allow for a lot of story development.

Not that Zelda games ever have a lot of plot in the middle. Usually it's the opening plot, 15 hours of Macguffin collecting, a plot twist when you get the master sword, 15 more hours of Macguffin collecting, and then whatever plot surrounds the final dungeon. Twilight Princess made the middle parts more interesting by having characters other than Link who I cared about. And by somehow managing to give Link a personality, despite his inability to talk. (This was done mostly by Midna talking to him.)

I can't even remember any characters in Majora's Mask except for the skull kid, the mask salesman, and Tingle. Two of those don't even have names, and all three are insufferable.
You're right, that was amazingly epic and well-written. Oh, wait. No. I meant the other thing. Idiotic. Yeah, that one.

I like where you explain why the writing is bad and why it is stupid. Oh wait you didn't. MM was dark, mysterious, beautiful and different. The game was made in almost one year and the genius mechanic of having to beat the game in a single game day really ties into the dark story really well. Eventually you actually care about the towns people you're saving making the goal of the game only more sweeter.

I love wind waker and I sorta enjoyed TP, but it really seemed like Nintendo is just remaking OoT. MM is the one game in the series where fans can say "oh well nintendo didn't always rehash!" too bad there's a large group that dislike it because it wasn't OoT 2.1
Yeah Zelda fans just want the most formulaic stuff over and over and MM wasn't that at all, but it's a really creative and unique game.

I didn't really care for TP and Wind Waker was pretty good, I just hating sailing for a long time.

post=150579
I can't even remember any characters in Majora's Mask except for the skull kid, the mask salesman, and Tingle. Two of those don't even have names, and all three are insufferable.

The mask salesman was awesome and really mysterious and dark. He didn't need a name -- that would've ruined his whole mysteriousness.

Also, uh, Anju and Kafei?
Majora's Mask had nothing on Ocarina of Time and a Link to the Past, but it was much more open and had tons of side quests. I had fun going around and getting all the side quests so that I would become ridiculous overpowered emo god Link with a Twizzlers sword of doom.
post=150719
Majora's Mask had nothing on Ocarina of Time and a Link to the Past, but it was much more open and had tons of side quests. I had fun going around and getting all the side quests so that I would become ridiculous overpowered emo god Link with a Twizzlers sword of doom.

Disagree. Ocarina of Time is rather overrated, in my opinion.

post=150568
And then for no apparent reason he meets everyone he's ever met, but they're all different people that just look the same, Wizard of Oz style.

By the way, Ocarina of Time did this to Link's Awakening.
post=150756
Disagree. Ocarina of Time is rather overrated, in my opinion.

Yeah. It's a damn fine game, but I feel that it isn't as "replayable" as other titles.
I think Ocarina of Time is overrated too, but I would still play it over Majora's Mask.