RM2K3 - QUESTION ABOUT PRESSING SHIFT DURING MESSAGE EVENT

Pages: 1
When playing the game and there are messaging, the player can hold shift and just blow past them. Is there any way to disable this?

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember playing other peoples games and was unable to skip the dialogue like that.
That only happens in test mode IIRC, not when you play your game the normal way.
Ah. That would make sense, because I never play my own games outside of test mode.

That's good then, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to control the pace of the text.

Thanks~
Well, players will open it and play in test mode anyway.
post=153294
Well, players will open it and play in test mode anyway.

And pass through walls using the control button, and raise their character levels, and drop enemies HP to 1, etc. That's just something you have to deal with.
Unless you get rid of the project file when you upload the game...unless that's only a RMXP and above thing.
Honestly I will open it in test play if the text is too slow or the walk speed is unreasonably bad. I wouldn't cheat as Cal jested. But yaknow, if I can rid minor annoyances, why not?
1) Don't mess with the default text speed. It annoys people enough that they will want to testplay and shift your text (I do that anyway).
2) If you don't use the close message 'code' then the text message will stop when the box is 'full' and the player will have to press confirm to continue. Hence, don't make text auto-close.

As for walking through walls and whatnot, only if the dungeon design in annoying or I get stuck. (If walk speed is too low I will change it unless it really suits the game - DW or small maps)
Well my game isn't a standard RPG so there won't be much text. The text speed will most likely be very fast for the parts that do have it. Mostly, I just wouldn't want someone to hit it by accident like I sometimes did.

I never heard of pressing control during test mode to walk through walls :o I wonder what other shortscuts there are like that..
press F9 to change/check switches and variables at will!
post=153359
press F9 to change/check switches and variables at will!

that one I did know about. very useful for finding out why/when a bug happens.

also F4/F5 for window size, F12 to quit.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Only time I've ever played someone else's game in test mode was when it had a bug that prevented me from continuing forward. I think most people who have a copy of RPG Maker are amateur game designers, and thus generally have enough respect for game design to actually try your game and see what you've done with it. If they didn't care about checking out everything you did in the game, and seeing what works well and what didn't, they wouldn't be playing it.

Now, when someone who's not an amateur game designer plays your game, that might be a different story. But they're not going to have a copy of RPG Maker handy, nor know offhand that getting a copy would let them cheat.
Pages: 1