WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

JayjeAthravein
Old-School GAM-MAKster DOUBLE DONATOR SUPREME!
Currently animating/stating up these skills for my game.(feels like FOREVER! X[ )
JayjeAthravein
Old-School GAM-MAKster DOUBLE DONATOR SUPREME!
author=KAD1984
another scene

I ALWAYS LIKE IT WHEN SOMEONE MAKES THEIR OWN GAME GRAPHICS!!!
J-L
"I cannot complain when your icon of choice is a penguin"
I finished a custom menu system animated with pictures. The neat part of it is that instead of having all the options lined up, you can navigate around them as they swap smoothly before your eyes.

EDIT: Here's the result.

I'm slowly fixing bugs as I come across them in my LP. Invisible chest just in the way of a key item I wanted (I could've sworn I made it visible?), a chest that nobody can reach because apparently that part of the map got removed and so the path to that chest is unavailable, a bug with the boss because Disable will override everything else, etc. Just a barrel of fun is all!
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I reduced my draw calls from 40 to 4! For the layman, that means the game renders more easily and needs less CPU strength.

Also, I think I've finally, finally settled on Lily's progression throughout the game... I had been providing the player with what I thought was freedom but was really aimless wandering.

So yay!
KAD, your game looks great. Make a gamepage so I can subscribe.
I'm currently testing this and bugging my friends, lol.
and thinking of graphical layouts :<
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Editing sprites to make them look like battlers they're going to be paired with, since I can edit sprites competently, but not battlers.

Had this battler:

Made this charset by taking an existing catgirl sprite, recoloring its shirt, recoloring its hair and tail, and redrawing its gloves, legs and feet from scratch:

Had this battler:

Made this sprite by taking a sprite based on the FFT Dancer, turning its skirt into the split battleskirt, recoloring the skin, giving it hair from another sprite, and creating the headband by copying and pasting it from the battler and then shrinking and warping and rearranging the bits of it until it fit her head:

Had a version of this battler without the bandana, added the bandana to make it look like the charset in this case:

Then changed the shield in this charset:
Still squashing bugs while LPing. Nothing new here! Oh, and thinking still on how to fix up various things that I haven't done in the past 2 years. Crafting system, skill learning system, etc. And thinking of completely revamping a character's moveset because she's so terrible...but don't have any ideas on what to do!

@LockeZ: Wow, those are pretty cool looking. o.o
I haven't been able to do anything on my game but I try to keep drawing concept art for any of my projects at work when I can. I just did this one earlier:

This is for my xenogears-like sci fi game that is still in the planning stage and I probably won't get to for a while. I should note that designing transforming mecha is one of the hardest damn things, at least if you want it to look decent and not obviously a humanoid robot. What you don't see here is me spending 8 pages of my sketchbook planning everything. Gonna be fun doing the battle sprite for this...
I did more concept art at work, this time of the game I'm working on right now (involving the undead protagonist on my avatar, yes the game is currently unnamed). In this game you fight 5 powerful lich lords (currently called death lords) in any order and each one of them have a certain specialization. Here's one of them, and the monster she fights with:

There's a certain kind of "sophisticated" undead in this setting who have mastered the reanimation of flesh and organic matter so much that they are able to create freakish monstrosities like these that are almost fully living beings. I think this will be a multi stage boss fight where you first fight it then get devoured and fight INSIDE it afterwards. We'll see.
meisam
meisam your not using semicolon properly, and that's a laughing matter.
JIHAUS both are awesome, (wow xenogear)
So I created battlers for NO REASON from scratch.

It was fun, and I enjoyed it. :D

They probably aren't that good. :P

TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
After spending many hours trying to get back into the groove of game design (and not getting too far), I am now painfully realizing how limited VXA's RTP is.. Guess I'll just have to deal with it.

I am using Victor's Scripts, though, and they are pretty interesting to go through and use :D

Using charsets/facesets from here as well because they seem to fit with VXA's RTP and they're just so nice >.<

RMN Music Pack is awesome, finding places to put those songs.

Today's Productivity: Kinda low... freaking short attention span (this thread is still making me wish I could draw)
Still a WIP but getting there :3
Still doing my LP, but mostly fixing up dialogue. There shouldn't...be so many...ellipses in my...dialogue. I swear, I'm better at writing than that! This is the only story that I've done where I've overabused ellipses. Using them for when there's supposed to be a comma, period, or some such...just ugh! It makes the writing look terrible! I may need to have someone help look over the dialogue and writing to see if they can't help fix it up at all. Though whether or not anyone would be up to that is an entirely different question in itself. >_>;
author=Xenomic
Still doing my LP, but mostly fixing up dialogue. There shouldn't...be so many...ellipses in my...dialogue. I swear, I'm better at writing than that! This is the only story that I've done where I've overabused ellipses. Using them for when there's supposed to be a comma, period, or some such...just ugh! It makes the writing look terrible! I may need to have someone help look over the dialogue and writing to see if they can't help fix it up at all. Though whether or not anyone would be up to that is an entirely different question in itself. >_>;

I'd be down for that to keep my skills fresh. I'm an ex-journalist who continues to get used at work to proofread documents against his will so I can give a lot of useful feedback there. Anyone who has had the misfortune of having me test their game can vouch for how detailed my feedback documents can be. My schedule is a bit strange but if you don't have any serious deadlines that will be fine.
I'm trying to make a riverbank like this one:

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/riverbank.JPG

Unfortunately, no one was active in the Screenshot topic today, so I couldn't ask them. :(