WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
I'd say use the motivation while it's there.
I'm trying to do at least one tileset/map a week until they're all done.

It took longer to align the doors than to do the whole map. And sadly I couldn't find most of the proper corner tiles.
@TDS this belongs in the screenshot thread, but it's still amazing. I like the grey aesthetic. The pot on the bottom-right doesn't fit though -- it's got black edges whereas all the other ones are, well, grayer.
I am currently trying to draw character portraits. There's a lot of room for improvement, of course.

Must practice! Must improve art skills!
@thatbennyguy:

The map itself is a work in progress since it's missing a few tiles. I thought that by posting it here I could receive some feedback or a solution to either replace or recreate the files.

And the map, tiles, and layout don't belong to me. They're a copy of this map.

I'm just converting all the resources to be usable in VX Ace.
I did a custom save/load menu, and a no-save bonus item. So now, I have to check to make sure there are no save menus, since it now auto-saves and would screw up the no-save bonus. Yayyyy...
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
@TDS: Isn't that one of the towns from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest? Neat!

Didn't do much. I've suddenly began to lack motivation to do things towards my project. I edited my tileset to make things look a little bit better; started on "overworld" charsets for my playable party members but then I just scrapped the idea, and also made a few NPC graphics.

Bleeeeeeehhhh.
author=Ratty524
Didn't do much. I've suddenly began to lack motivation to do things towards my project.

I'm in the same boat as you. I've jumped the initial hurdle, but there's the large, looming "you've got the feel of the game, but you must plan the whole thing before you start developing otherwise you're gonna have to redo the whole game" obstacle right in front of my nose right now.

Oh well, here comes the hugely daunting planning of my game. Hope I don't do anything wrong :(
So for the game I've been working on for several weeks now but haven't put anything up on RMN for yet (because we all know what can happen if you put game pages and such up too soon), I've been working on 100% custom sprites. The charset template wasn't made by me because I suck at animating sprites, but the spriting on them is all me. I have somewhere between 30-40 complete so far. Here's a few of them.

slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I just added a consumable item named "Cool Shades" that reveals the contents of a chest before you open it... in case it happens to be trapped!
@Ratty524:

Yeah, I noticed a while back how all the resources seem to fit perfectly with VX Ace and decided to see how far I could go in porting it.
I'm continuing to work on creating and animating battle graphics. For someone who has a lot of trouble motivating himself to do pixel art I'm amazed at how much I've been able to finish so far. My updated avatar is my newest work, at least I'm working on a character I can actually make a lot of games out of this time.

I'm finding that I seem to enjoy animating more than drawing as far as pixel art is concerned. Heh.
So I am cleaning out my TODO list (hey it grows unwieldly at times!) and I compiled the 16 (!) game project ideas I have into a single list. Most of them haven't been started.

Since I kind of want to share them, I thought I'd post it here.

Adaeus
Generica: The Next Generation
Nu Supra Mairo Bors.
Tragical / T&T
Super RMN Kart
Zelda III: The Adventure of RMN
Settlers of Kentan
Aether Pulse
The Unicorn of Death / Alicorn
How To Evolve Your Dragon
The Children of the After
Veridian Dance
Android Dryad
The King and Guy
Missiongarde
Forgotten Lands clone

If anyone wants, expand the hidden tab for an explanation and current status.

Adaeus
STAUTS: prototyping
- A commercial project spearheaded by Clyve. It is a Metroidvania (heavy on the vania) made in GameMaker. My contribute to the project is plot/story and eventually level editing (once we get to that stage). We are currently in the process of prototyping our game's engine. If anyone wants to chat about the plot/story I've come up with, shoot me a PM.

-I have to finish off three more dungeons, the final boss battle(s) and the final city. But I just haven't gotten to it (has my will evaporated?)

Nu Supra Mairo Bors.
-I just compiled and released Orgnial Supra Mairo Bors., a collection of my previously made levels. Next step is to assess those ideas and make a new cohesive game out of them.

Tragical / Trials & Tribulations
-This was to be my introduction-into-VX project, but then was going to be my introduction-to-Ace project. Now Aether Pulse is filling that role. So this project will likely be canceled. (though I have been itching to do a custom-resources project, but with NES/SNES aesthetic...)

Super RMN Kart
-using a Super Mario Kart rom editor, start a collaborative game wherein we make a mario kart game.

-using SMBX, start a community game (like Super RMN Bros) but with Link (and Zelda?) as the main protangonist, using Zelda II like resources and designs.

Settlers of Kentan
-make a full-fledged game out of this Befuddle Quest 6 mini-game.

Aether Pulse
-this game has stalled because I lost my gammak mojo. Hoping to recover it soon...

-Despite and I wanted to make a game, and I have what I think is an interesting plot and characters. Can it be revived?

-This was going to be an EVO-like game (because EVO is awesome), except with DRAGONS. To be made in GM, but I have to actually LEARN GM to make this.

-This was going to be an epic sci-fi RPG made in VX Ace.

Veridian Dance
-a RTS/RPG hybrid game idea I had, but is largely undeveloped. I haven't even thought about it enough to determine what the most appropriate engine for a game like this might be.

Android Dryad
-I found an RPG maker that makes Android games. I want to try it out, but EasyRPG might be a better alternative. Waiting on EasyRPG android porting status.

The King and Guy
-I read a book on interactive storytelling, and I have a desire to try out some of the theories. This was going to be a short RPG game but with many branching paths and NO MAGIC.

Missiongarde
-anyone remember this? It was going to be an ambitious group/community game with retro graphics (either using Generica as base or port to VX/Ace). There has been a revived interest in a community chaingame RPG though...

Forgotten Lands clone
-This is a super-fun time management/resource game - and I want to try to recreate this style of game (Unity? Construct? GM?). Really needs mouse support to implement.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I couldn't sleep last night, so I made some sketches of Chaos Sword's title.

I'm kind of leaning towards the top one. Either way I want to implement the sword somehow. What ideas do you guys have? :P
@Ratty524 - I also, too, like the top logo the best. But it usually depends on the backdrop and the color scheme being used as well.

author=kentona
So I am cleaning out my TODO list (hey it grows unwieldly at times!) and I compiled the 16 (!) game project ideas I have into a single list. Most of them haven't been started.

Since I kind of want to share them, I thought I'd post it here.

Adaeus
Nu Supra Mairo Bors.
Tragical / T&T
Super RMN Kart
Settlers of Kentan
Aether Pulse
Veridian Dance
Android Dryad
The King and Guy
Missiongarde
Forgotten Lands clone

All these games sound good, but my picks go to "Generica: The Next Generation" & "Super RMN Kart."

Bud, you NEED to finish GTNG off. Not just because I enjoyed playing the first one recently, but it seems, from your post, that you are pretty much finished with this game. All you need to do is finish the final dungeon / boss, correct? Why not just finish it and get this game off the bucket list forever.

Super RMN Kart would be BOSS! If you ever decide to work on this...my utmost respect for you will increase by tenfold -- even more than it is today (and that's still pretty high)

Finally, "Moderator Mountain" will become a reality. :D
Super RMN Kart sound like an event idea. Everybody contributes a sprite of a character from their game riding around in a Kart. And that's where my brainstorm ends.
So maybe not.
Definetely Generica: The Next Generation. Seriously, just get it done!
(You can also always ask people for help on it.)

Working on Doggie Dayz some more. Stupid writer's block :(
Sometimes I get bored enough to take RM resources and design hypothetical menu and battle interfaces. Hypothetical in that graphic design is as far as I'm capable of going. 8D

can I alter my arms into like seven arms apiece