WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Whoa. The end product looks worth the pain.
Working on some zelda enemies:

Link
That is some amazing pixel art going on there. =) I can't animate stuff to save my life yet.

Finished work.

And another WIP. This is all for the MOG event, of course. Doing some parallaxes for VXAce.
WOOOAAHHH LOOK AT ALL THESE PRETTY PIXELS <3

I'm blushing in here! So much lovely work ;w;
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
I was in a shitty mood yesterday so i locked myself in my room and drew a lot on my sketchpad in bed while eating white knights.

Being a little inspired by two things, one being the poster above, I decided to fuse two characters into one because I imagined it would be fun.

It totally was, Fyori with the Villainous Zardari. Also there's just Fyori there chilling reading a book looking anatomically stupid.

For some reason I'm enchanted by female villains who are fully clothed, it's the weirdest thing. Like, give me Yunalesca and I'll say gtfo, give me someone like uh... hang on they're rare okay? Like MALIFICENT, then oh no, I'm terrified but yet, also enchanted.

I suppose it's because scantity clad armor makes me automatically think 'oh developers, you had some fun did you?'

Where as one which is not showing much skin is like "OH-OH GOD! Please don't hurt meh! ;~;". Maybe because we focus on the face then and see like, the evil things she does.

I mean, Esperia, one of my only affluent female villains, has hood and full length dress n' stuff in her Dark Seraph form. That said I'm also enchanted by some fan art I got of her where the dress was trimmed just a little. Thanks Xiie. :3

As for what exactly I'm doing, getting back into just drawing and enjoying art, since that seems to be the thing to do right now. Sick of dev.
So playtesting and I find a bug with selling items in VX: After selling an item it'll jump to the last item used. Looking into it I try to find what script is breaking this and it turns out its based into VX. In fact the whole selling items window is so poorly made it wasn't a simple typo or minor oversight like the multiplication bug, it's the only way it could work. It's practically a WAD bug.

Fuck you vx

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou
author=neike60
Working on some zelda enemies:

Link
I love it.

Man, if I had even a mote of skill to do something as nice as those...
I'm working on Episode 3 of Tales From The Reaper, and playtesting Oracle of Tao for final release.
Wow Neike. That is some really impressive spritework there! Nice job! o_o

As for me? Still taking a break from working on the game. Doing all them animations wore me out of motivation, and still not wanting to map/event yet. Everyone keeps asking me when's beta5 going to be out...I can't say at this rate! Still been like 2 years since last beta's been released.

I just want to be doooone. But I don't want to just drop the game because I hate dropping things...T-T
BizarreMonkey
author=GreatRedSpirit
Fuck you vx

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou
Lel, Git gud. Use VX Ace.

But yeah, I also noticed that in VX, just didn't bother doing anything about it.

Gave an eager friend a really in dev build on M:R and he's given me a huge wall of shit to fix.

I will ofcourse, respond by procrastinating and crying in bed while eating white knights and drawing silly things.

I'm just gonna wait for the 6.0.2 patch to hit live WoW servers tomorrow then everything will be better.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
I'm learning VX Ace! I haven't used RM since 2k3 came out, but so far the learning process has been pretty easy and I haven't had any trouble making script edits or anything. I forgot how nice it is to be able to just design skills and enemies without having to worry about the code behind it all.
I'm on VX because the game is for the Revive the Dead event and moving it to Ace was another factor in it never getting done. I want to get it done even if it means sticking with VX. There's so much I want to do to make the game not-trash but at the same time I can't go hog wild and I might actually finish this time. Barring bugs the framework is all there, it's just remaking the content.

Pretty much everything is a placeholder/rough pixeling

Fooling around with Construct 2 for my first term game project. I finally got it to stop distorting my pixels so badly... for the foreground at least. Not sure exactly what's going on with the background.

Overall it kind of sucks, since I don't have the full version at home. I need to wait till I get to the school before I can really do anything other than art assets.
BizarreMonkey
author=GreatRedSpirit
I'm on VX because the game is for the Revive the Dead event and moving it to Ace was another factor in it never getting done. I want to get it done even if it means sticking with VX. There's so much I want to do to make the game not-trash but at the same time I can't go hog wild and I might actually finish this time. Barring bugs the framework is all there, it's just remaking the content.
Lol relax, I was joking. While VX Ace does do a lot to make vx less appealing, converting a game is a whole lot of work.

@Pizza: I love the look of that, the character in screen is great.
Sorry for the confrontational tone. VX and the scripts for it are driving me nuts, and that this project has been nagging me for far too long. I just want it clubbed with a shovel and thrown in a grave and be done with it. Plus lots of things that I'd like to do would be easy in Ace and a giant chore otherwise bugs me too.

so many little things that need fixing
BizarreMonkey
author=GreatRedSpirit
Sorry for the confrontational tone. VX and the scripts for it are driving me nuts, and that this project has been nagging me for far too long. I just want it clubbed with a shovel and thrown in a grave and be done with it. Plus lots of things that I'd like to do would be easy in Ace and a giant chore otherwise bugs me too.

so many little things that need fixing
Ahahahaha, yeah I can't stand using VX now. I've been spoiled rotten. :/

I'm probably not gonna do anything for the contest, gonna be a busy month as is, what with my game and also the end of the Homosuck gigapause and also the obligatory 6.0.2 patch for dumb games for girls which comes out in less than a day from now

Pushing more pixels.
@Yuna21 that is some lovely pixel art! I like it. Clouds're excellent.

I am working:
On sprite for platformer game

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
She doesn't feel very balanced. Leaning too far forward to make the animation feel viable.

im working on artz. and wondering if these work well enough together.
BizarreMonkey
author=yuna21
Pushing more pixels.
That looks really bloody nice. Damn I'm impressed.

No progress to report, unless becoming ensnared in the Warcraft throes counts as progress, which it doesn't.

Expect me to have something worthwhile to tell of either late October or December.