WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=LockeZ
author=BizarreMonkey
author=Pizza
Don't forget the peasants.
I have a feeling there's a joke here I'm not getting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gz1DIIxmEE
I see now, I definitely didn't add enough muscle arms in spontaneous places.

In other news, my Composer started work on the trailer's music (HAH! I BET YOU THOUGHT I WAS GONNA USE THAT PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN TRACK FOR THE FULL THING! DIDN'T YOU?) and it's turning out well so far... I'm leaning on the direction of "epic" but aiming for something more raw and less "two steps from hell" worthy. So far I'm being fed exactly what I want and I like that. I'm also working on optional bosses, fixing bugs some of my playtesters have run into and ignoring my friends on Starstucks because my time will be gone if I start hanging with them for long.

I'm loving dev now, ain't gonna soil it!
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Buck and Miles character art, yo!
I can finally post in the gamedev section, with proper purpose...
Buck and Miles is a new mario-like coming at you from Quackgyver and konix, a team of contributers, and moi making art that honestly will act only in the vein of concept folder. Still, fun times for me! I love drawing concepts.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Sounds like fun! I used to get my friend Usagi Shinobi to concept stuff but then i just started doing it myself.

Got sick of Gerald not abiding to the 3/4 angle masterrace so i redrew him very much to my self-happiness. He looks way better now.

Also facesets hell yes

Working on a city tileset (even though I should be working on my current games ahahah).
What do you guys think? Anything you think a city tileset NEEDS to have that I didn't include?
I should probably add cars but they'll look like shit.
- Note that I'm not aiming to make a huge all inclusive metropolis of a tileset. ;;
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Nothing terribly important is missing. I will note that sidewalks are typically about 2/3 the width of the nearby car lanes... Or about twice the width of the sidewalks you have currently. The placement of the hydrant also implies that the sidewalks are level with the street. It doesn't look like there's a curb.
I've been trying to do some mapping, but I just hate the downgrade from XP to VX/Ace. It feels so restricting. Hopefully the next version will address this.
It's not all that bad. You can use events as a third layer if you really need it, even if it is a bit tiresome. Or you can take the parallax-mapping route.

I did this in VX, after all.

As for me, battle-balancing, making art, more balancing. And may add a new game to the site soon as well.
author=LouisCyphre
Nothing terribly important is missing. I will note that sidewalks are typically about 2/3 the width of the nearby car lanes... Or about twice the width of the sidewalks you have currently. The placement of the hydrant also implies that the sidewalks are level with the street. It doesn't look like there's a curb.

Noted, thank you. Adjustments will be made. c:
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs

Finished the front sprites for one of the RMNmons. I'll work on the back sprites when I'm in the mood later on.
I finished walk. animation for Arvesia, http://rpgmaker.net/games/6368/

3x scale, it's faster in a game
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
author=Rebezion

Her left leg (from our perspective) is extending a bit too far back in the frame that shows her leg trailing. The highlight on the strips of her hair also tends to disappear and reappear a bit. The walk cycle in general looks as if she's "skating" because she's not picking up her feet high enough with each step to look convincing. When in-betweening stuff like this, draw your feet along an "arc" type of path instead of a straight path to avoid this.

More info:
http://www.fjasmin.net/walk_cycle_tutorial/index.html
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
@GoatBoy: The most important things I actually use in my city tileset that you don't have are dumpsters, trash cans, and chain-link fences. The dumpsters and trash cans are good doodads, and the fences let me create a little space between the buildings without actually letting the player walk back there.

An example map from my game:

There's also a large oil stain doodad in there that I like to use, because it's something I can put on the actual roads. Though in this map I have it on the dirt instead.

Also, your sidewalks are unnaturally green. I guess you already know that though. Unless you're color blind. In which case, your sidewalks are unnaturally green.
author=Ratty524
author=Rebezion

Her left leg (from our perspective) is extending a bit too far back in the frame that shows her leg trailing. The highlight on the strips of her hair also tends to disappear and reappear a bit. The walk cycle in general looks as if she's "skating" because she's not picking up her feet high enough with each step to look convincing. When in-betweening stuff like this, draw your feet along an "arc" type of path instead of a straight path to avoid this.

More info:
http://www.fjasmin.net/walk_cycle_tutorial/index.html

Great ! I will try to re work it and I will post an updated version.

New

author=LockeZ
@GoatBoy: The most important things I actually use in my city tileset that you don't have are dumpsters, trash cans, and chain-link fences. The dumpsters and trash cans are good doodads, and the fences let me create a little space between the buildings without actually letting the player walk back there.

An example map from my game:

There's also a large oil stain doodad in there that I like to use, because it's something I can put on the actual roads. Though in this map I have it on the dirt instead.

Also, your sidewalks are unnaturally green. I guess you already know that though. Unless you're color blind. In which case, your sidewalks are unnaturally green.

Yeh, those were on my to-do list originally, but I wasn't sure how essential they really were. Probably is a good idea to add them. Especially the fence, that sounds particularly useful.

And well yes, a lot of things are unnaturally green because of my chosen color palette. xD
I like limited color palettes for some reason.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I'm adding prices to all of the items, weapons, and armor created in the game so far, in anticipation of at some point having an in-game economy, enemies that drop currency, shops, and so on. I tend to pay more attention to in-universe supply and demand logic than to pure mechanistic game balance when assigning prices. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Also looking to pay some scripters to help me with some scripting stuff.
In the process of fixing a minor grammar error I found a (what should be perfectly valid) structure of event commands that will make VX and Ace softlock!

The failure bit was even rewritten between VX and Ace so this is a case of idiotic design instead of simple typos like the old control variable of English VX. Why on earth would anybody use the indent level to determine the break point when exiting a potentially nested control structure?

I don't even know how such an idiotic idea came up in the first place. Did somebody dare them to not track their depth? Were they hammered? Did they just faceroll the entire keyboard until code that would build appeared? Is the programmer actually a furnace powered by the souls of dead orphans that spews out code to crush humanity?
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Holy fucking shit EB.
Working on this "epic" boss theme:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cb2nfbyifp7kel5/Epic%20Boss.mp3?dl=0

This is like draft #15 with a lot more edits and rewrites to go. feeling rusty...
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It's OK guys, 5 is a really high number. You'll probably never need to loop that many times for anything in your game.

@Erave: This is really good, omg.