WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
author=Aegix_Drakan
@cashmerecat: I guess "parallel world puzzle" basically covers it. It's a mimic puzzle. The zombie attempts to mimic the party's motions, and you need to make it go onto a switch. :P

Oh, I know which ones you mean! Those puzzles are cool. NeverSilent used them exceptionally well in his lockpicking puzzles in The Book of True Will. If you'd like to check that out, you might get a few really good ideas. The puzzle happens about 30 minutes in, but if you're doing any sort of puzzles in your game, I'd say that game is a good place to get inspiration.
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
Welp! Outside of a couple small cosmetic things and the end of act one cutscene, P:A's demo is finished! I wish it were a bit longer but ah well!
Updated Esperia's faceset, here's the large version (isn't used in game, just a maxi-size spread.
http://i.imgur.com/uHeViZD.png
in link form because its too big.

Oh, i also drew on paper some expressions and poses for Nola, a lot of these are rough.
http://i.imgur.com/53IA3SG.png
http://i.imgur.com/BbB1Ann.png

slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Currently wondering exactly how much I can prune from a game that's only about boss battles. I might try and get away with just a menu for equipment, a menu for selecting bosses, and the battles themselves. Not having to do tile work or charset work could save me loads of time.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Slash, in theory, you could probably also get away with not having battle animations and just describing the attacks in text.

Meanwhile. God. I just want a lightmap, is that so much to ask? Every fog script I can find for XP either has the same problem as the default fogs or the same problem as the Show Picture command.

The problem with the default fogs is that the fog is centered over wherever your character starts on the map instead of in the upper left corner, and after an hour of trying I can't figure out how to fix that bullshit. I got it fixed for pictures but doing the same thing to the fog script doesn't work.

The problem with the Show Picture command is that when I open and close the menu the picture disappears. ARGH. That's not default behavior! I don't know what the hell is causing this. It's obviously a bug with some other script, but I don't even know where to start looking, since none of my scripts affect the way the menu opens and closes, or anything at all in the top level of it. (I'm lying, I know where to look, any time a bug makes no sense it's always in Atoa's terrible buggy Chrono Trigger battle system, I just don't want to look there because it's seven thousand lines of code and I've had to rewrite too much of it already.)
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
oh lockez you're using an atoa script? oh my poor friend. i am so sorry.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
At this point I'm using about 70% of an Atoa script and 30% of a LockeZ script, because dear lord.
BizarreMonkey
Ahahahahahaha, so basically Atoa is old-school Victor Sant.

Also P:A is DONE! Well, it's demo is! I just have to run some external tests on my mother's PC, which is ideal because firstly, it has no RPGmaker programs installed, so I can check if the project works standalone as intended. It's also a low-end system, which makes lagtesting easy in comparison since my computer is the sort most would look at and assume I traded my soul to the devil for.

In reality I traded about 900 dollars and a small portion of my upperbody strength to some friendly chaps at a local computer make and bake shop and it's been a beaut.

And just to show you all how god damn serious I am here's the End of Act One trailer (which is the second last thing you see before the demo ends, the last being the up to date credits.)

Had to make quite a few new assets for this one, a lot of on the dot demands were shouted at me by some occult lambs wearing bedsheets like robes, they kind of made me nervous so I just did what they said until they got distracted by the luscious grass in my 2 metres of backyard and left me alone.
Just been messing around with some stuff lately. Not for anything specific, but some minor feature expansion to my RPG engine.

webm
CashmereCat
Self-proclaimed Puzzle Snob
@Jude Whoa what the heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasidjgoaisdjogiasjdgasodijgaosidjgaosidjgd

That is beyond amazing, it's so smooth. Mouse support always seems a bit finnicky for me though in tile-based systems, but still, the rain effects and everything are utterly spectacular.
author=Jude
Just been messing around with some stuff lately. Not for anything specific, but some minor feature expansion to my RPG engine.

webm

*jaw slowly drops*

I...WOW. So smooth. So shiny.

That's incredibly impressive. Well done!
author=Jude

webm

Now that you've shown it off and gotten rave feedback, are you going to abandon it?
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
That's some sexy stuff, mang
author=CashmereCat
@JudeWhoa what the heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasidjgoaisdjogiasjdgasodijgaosidjgaosidjgd

That is beyond amazing, it's so smooth. Mouse support always seems a bit finnicky for me though in tile-based systems, but still, the rain effects and everything are utterly spectacular.

You can play it with a keyboard/joypad too. Well, mostly... It doesn't work for menus yet, but that's a design issue and not a programming one so it will wait until everything else works and I can actually design proper menus.

author=kentona
author=Jude

webm
Now that you've shown it off and gotten rave feedback, are you going to abandon it?

Yes.
BizarreMonkey
I've worked on basically gearing up my alts in WoW...

Yeah, week off, but i did so some art by the by, not particulalry amazing but its good practice to stay regular.
http://i.imgur.com/Y42ReDH.png
http://i.imgur.com/adPYOYW.png
http://i.imgur.com/jEEb3ZN.png

But really, this video here is where it's all at.

Been working on that since the third of this month.

What I'm working on now is getting my artist's back on the scene, Member VI and member II are back in action, Member I remains AWOL but I'll bring'im back into the fold.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Rearranging and re-accessing the database and now I'm running through the game again to make sure nothing's missing/out of place.
Fflo
Be careful ! I'm French

Look at what I did with some nice HUD scripts !
For those who are fan of the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG, watch this ! This game is similar to Pokémon Amitiés Sincères as it's a serie where you don't have to make any choice at all.
Don't worry about the blinking face-down card at the end. I added a "Stepping animation ON" but it wasn't needed.
I appended a few words into a file. I then instructed it to read "line2" and turn a switch on if it found it. If FileScanned is ON, it says the file was read. If not there was a message that it had not been found.

I'd consider this a success. By the way. If you want an easy single storage container to local switch chests, just save the name of the chest (Chest131 for instance) to a file. Scan for the file, and until the text file becomes obscenely full, I can't imagine it mattering how many chests are opened. You will have to clear this on new game, though, and it's a little annoying with savefiles. But anyway. ^_^; Mmmmm, yea, it's better for unlockable features.

Next I will try to make unlockable features. Pictures, music, and videos for completing certain challenges.
Test playing A Nightmare in Sunnydale with just Buffy/Dean. Would've been finished by now if I was more consistent. Sometimes, I go weeks without doing anything.
Still haven't worked on my game in quite a while now. At this rate, I'm starting to think I'll never finish the game. I lost so much enthusiasm for working on it that I don't even want to so much look at it. But I'll finish it...someday. Remember kids! Be careful how you set your goals, or you'll end up working on something for a very, VERY long time! >_>;

Oh, and it probably helps to not be doing other things like Let's Playing or Wiki work (wiki work I need to stop doing. Who's going to read an article about the Cat Scratch ability?! But wiki policy there so...). Am still brainstorming ideas for the game, and now that there's the Attribute/Condition Resistance plugin for DynRPG, I need to give that a try and see how that works. Hopefully fine and with no bugs! Which makes me sad since that's taking my 7 month, 12 hour a day Weapon/Armor Bless system and throwing it out heh...^^;
Just finished the game start animations for Eagleland.
Thanks to Cherry, Dyn RPG, and PepsiOtaku I was able to finally get this stuff looking like how I wanted!