WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Needs more Space Cowboys
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=LockeZ
Weaponqueen is about a 5/10 on the coolness chart. It's nothing special but it's bascially fine; approximately the same as blademaster or axelord. Instead of just a collector you should make her a museum curator.

I vote for Emily the Lich to be the main character.

I think I like that! The robot was originally going to be a museum curator but I think that works even better for her. "Curator Gilga".

Emily will have a few good moments, I think. I like her character a lot so I think I wanna keep her around :D

author=kentona
Needs more Space Cowboys

But they're so old hat now! There's, like, a whole subgenre of anime dedicated to space westerns! I'm sorry, but I'll See You Later Space Cowboy!
no, make her an enchanted mimic treasure chest that is tired of eating heros and dreams of a real adventure. Name her Chesty.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
kentona pls
what? I have the best ideas
BizarreMonkey
I'll never change. "Me" is better than your opinion, dummy!
author=slash
  • Emily the Lich: A teenager who was accidentally cursed with undeath. She uses her powers to frighten baristas who screw up her coffee.
Man I tell you, those baristas are motherfuckers.

Like their one job and redeemable quality and they can still screw that up, how??

Joking aside, I love the creativity you've expressed here, big fan of the evil bear who also happens to be very much on fire.

Dare I suggest he induce the sickest of burns?

I'm looking forward to making a lighthearted game again at some point, or working on Exile, actually I may do that!

As the screenshots thread has shown, I've been busy, just been working out all the machanics for P:A and getting everything ready before moving forward with progression, and now I am moving forward with progression.

To show you some really new things, the quick select now gives you a description of the weapon, item select does this also.

Beyond that, lots of cool shit going on, templating monsters (so I can copy paste instead of having to give them individual attention), making impetus more solid as a weapon, it can now be used to teleport across open gaps(not walls), shadowdashing to a gap will check if the player is doing something so stupid, and return no dash.

Beginning on Act 2, just have to get in one of my atmospheric 'map drawing moods' before I can show any of that anywhere, right now it's just the events but without any mapping integrity, i'm just using old files, more or less.
Still working on Cashier for supermarket. It's tedious and repetitive, so it might be awhile.

I have also done some fixing with the Pictures In Battle, since something was interfering with it.
Still working on dialogue, but now putting it into the game. Gods, doing it the way I was doing makes eventing so much quicker. Have the dialogue all typed out in Notepad, then just copy/paste/edit in the maker while doing the events goes by super fast compared to doing it all in the maker I feel. That, and I can do other things without worry of 2k3 being in the way or computer crashing with it open. Though gonna have to go back to the drawing board with dialogue here soon as I almost have all of it into the game. ^^;;

Man, sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't find someone to help with dialogue more than mapping heh. Mapping was a lot more fun than this bit, and there's still quite a few more maps I need to do too! @_@;
Working on a Chrono Trigger fangame using only RTP, a few custom graphics, and ripped music from the original game (I know not ripping the graphics and mapping with RTP only is a challenge but I love to challenge myself.) I'm working on improving my maps so the game can be accepted here. I've posted in the Screenshot Survival 20XX thread and gotten a little bit of feedback, I can't wait to have my game here to share with you all!
Trying to make a game description for my new game. I'm not great at summaries though.

This is the ridiculous summary I have so far:

-------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever wanted to play an adventure/puzzle/date sim game that takes place in an African fantasy setting. Well that's a weirdly specific desire. Luckly, Nsala Sunset has you covered.
Do you also want to ride a hybrid zebra-dragon? Well that was in my last game, not this one.

This game is about exposing players to African culture,
healing people from curses using the colors of the rainbow,
and playing as a bisexual woman who wants to be loved.

GAMEPLAY

There are two types of gameplay.
When traversing the world Rawjal will be able to manipulate fire in order to solve puzzles. Additionally, the player can effect the relationships between Rawjal and her friends through player choices during character interactions and via gifts. The amount of Affinity Points you have with each character is planned to effect Rawjal's stats in a later update.
The main gameplay comes into play when Rawjal enters the minds of others in order to heal them of a curse. To eliminate a curse you must remove the different colored curse fragments by matching colors. Rawjal can transform into 6 different colors: Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Orange, and Purple. If you fail to match colors, you'll be damaged. Luckily you can heal yourself as much as you want because there is no magic point consumption in this game. But, don't spend to much time healing because you only have a limited time to remove a curse.
Will you be able to heal everyone from the curse in time?

----------------------------------------------------------------

So does anyone have a helpful suggestion?

edit: To be honest I'm not sure if I should call it a date sim because I don't feel like that is quite right.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Maybe this is personal bias but it sounds a bit game-y, or at least rm-community-y. little jokes like "no zebra-dragon" or "well there's no mp!!!" just elongate a fairly simple description of your game. if your planned audience is just the rm community, then i guess it's fine (eh) but if you're looking for a broader player set i suggest being a little more direct.
I just made an alternative description for the new game. How does this sound?

--------------------------------------------------

A curse has befallen the people of Nsala. In the past The Great Witch Lanoa was able to heal these curses but she is currently pregnant and unable to perform her healing ritual without risk to her baby. So, her apprentice Rawjal must step up and heal those who've been afflicted by the curse. The first person Rawjal heals is a mysterious woman named Nziru. The two women quickly become fond of each other but will there relationship blossom or wither? That's for the player to decide.

This is a prequel to the African fantasy game Nsala Liberation. Both games in this series have years of research put into each of them and this can be seen in the games' art, dialog, rituals and etc. They are not meant to be 100% reflections of Africa. The hope is that these games will inspire players to learn more about Africa.
Craze
That is a much better rough draft, yes. Polish it up and it should suffice!
Red_Nova
Sir Redd of Novus: He who made Prayer of the Faithless that one time, and that was pretty dang rad! :D
Trying my hand at custom tilesets. I'm starting off by tracing over RTP to get a feel for basic tileset creation. I probably won't be doing anything 100% custom for a loong time. My short term goal is to make something similar to RTP, but less blocky. It's not until I sat down and focused on learning mapping that I realized how much I hate VX Ace RTP. Bleh.

EDIT: I hate autotiles.
Thanks for the input Craze.

author=Red_Nova
Trying my hand at custom tilesets. I'm starting off by tracing over RTP to get a feel for basic tileset creation. I probably won't be doing anything 100% custom for a loong time. My short term goal is to make something similar to RTP, but less blocky. It's not until I sat down and focused on learning mapping that I realized how much I hate VX Ace RTP. Bleh.

EDIT: I hate autotiles.

Yeah I hate trying to make autotiles too.

I'd love to see your tilesets when you're done Red_Nova.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
author=BizarreMonkey
Joking aside, I love the creativity you've expressed here, big fan of the evil bear who also happens to be very much on fire.

Haha, thank you. He's just an adorable little dude.

@Redmask: Yea, your second description is coming along, for sure. It sounds like an interesting idea for a game :) I'm surprised African mythology hasn't inspired more things.

----

I'm making bosses! ~all names subject to change~

~Council of Widows~

Total strangers, each has lost someone dear to them. They are friends bound together by common loneliness.

Jacob von Door:
Rogue-class. Disarms a random hero every turn. Every couple of turns he inflicts Bleed on a random target. It can't be removed and deals large damage every turn, putting your fight on a tight schedule.

Father Sirius:
Cleric-class. Heals his lowest HP ally for a small amount and Condemns a random target, inflicting Shock (which deals a small amount of damage per turn).

Miss Kyra
Wizard-class. Drains a little MP from a random target and inflicts Frost on all enemies, lowering their damage. Not a huge threat, but too much Frost will slow you down significantly.

Gigi
Paladin-class. Purifies an ally of all their negative statuses every turn (very annoying!) and hits the tank for a small amount of damage. Her attacks inflict Flames, lowering armor. Between Flames and Bleeds, you'll probably have to switch tanks regularly.

Council fights are always fun :D I'm hoping I can balance this one such that you can approach it in a few different ways. Jacob von Door is the most dangerous, but difficult to focus down due to heals & purifies from Sirius and Gigi, so knocking one of them out might be best. Kyra's MP draining and Bleed will force you to switch priorities on the fly, so maybe a more flexible strategy is best!
Craze
Is bleed truly random? Would the fight maybe be more intense if he only targeted people who aren't currently bleeding?
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
Ah, sorry, yea - Jacob picks a random target that isn't already bleeding. Gigi's Purify is also random, but only targets her allies that are inflicted with at least one status effect. Status effects are easy to inflict in this game, so hitting multiple targets with statuses would be enough to slow down her cleanses on your true target.

Oh yea, the fight is definitely inspired by the Moroes fight in WoW. I've reworked a lot of the details to fit it into my battle system, but the basics are the same. Karazhan was always my favorite~
Getting art done. It's taking me about 200% longer to do stuff even with a tablet, but I'm happy with the results so far.

@Luchino: Ianna's eyes are too high on her head, and uh... Why doesn't Tristian have any at all? It's hard to tell, but I also think Tristian and maybe even Ianna are lacking a lot of head shape- they don't seem to have a cranial mass, because their necks are too far forward maybe?