WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Was on the fence as to whether to keep the EarthBound-like battlebacks for this project. Ultimately decided to keep them.

I also redid the battle UI. Still working out the finer details of it.
Definitely keep the battle backgrounds. It looks really cool.

Extremely minor nitpick: The font has a higher pixel density than everything else.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Quite a bit of progress on my Gaymak entry today, despite feeling utterly awful earlier. Equipment, characters, and most spells/abilities are done! I've a number of buffs and debuffs to define, but, that can be tomorrow!
My fan game is really just practice for what I would like to one day try to do- make my own DOG in the same vein as the old Lunar series, like either an actual sequel or just a better version of Dragon Song or a different prequel story... because Dragon Song was just complete and utter BULLOCKS! >:( The series and it's fans deserved a much better closing than that...
author=dethmetal
Definitely keep the battle backgrounds. It looks really cool.

Extremely minor nitpick: The font has a higher pixel density than everything else.

Yeah, VX Ace just doesn't know how to handle most pixel fonts, and my only choices are font sizes 16 (2x2 pixels) and 24 (3x3) for this one, with 16 being nigh-unreadable because it's so small. Anything in-between makes Ace vomit it back up :/

I also bit the bullet and kept the 1-pixel font outline to make it more readable.

I know there's a script somewhere out there that does image-based fonts if I reeeeeally wanted to. Might be something to think about down the road.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
If it were actually using 2x2 pixels for the smaller text and 3x3 pixels for the larger text it'd be a massive improvement. Instead it's using 1x1 pixels everywhere.

In addition to not using 2x2 pixels there are some other obvious problems here:
- The left edge of the black outline is being cut off, probably because the text is too close to the edge of the window
- The rightmost line of the M is one pixel wide but all the other lines are two pixels wide
- The outlines around all the text in the lower window are solid black, but the outlines around the words Fight and Escape are anti-aliased
- The lighter outlines on the left edges of the HP and MP bars are only 3 pixels wide, instead of 4 like the right side
That does indeed look quite harrowing, so I've found a short-term solution.

With a bit of smoke and mirrors, the HP Vocab is just part of the background image, with the actual HP number being an imported image sheet. Still electing to keep the 1 pixel border for the time being.
NeverSilent
Got any Dexreth amulets?
Those animated backgrounds look brilliant, Mettool! Especially the effect of multiple images scrolling at different speeds makes it feel very dynamic.

I just can't believe you're going to make your players battle such adorable monsters like that. Again.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Gaymak entry is creeping ever so closer to completion. In fact, I think the only thing left to do is map the dungeons out, set up the associated game-switches, and playtesting. Lots and lots of playtesting.
Very, very slowly working on game still since still LPing Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection (nearly done with that now, thank christ...). Only working on dialogue still, almost got final dungeon of beta5 done, meaning that once I test everything out and fix bugs, beta5 is set to release! Except I'm actually NOT going to release beta5 and hold off until I actually finish the game now (of course, anyone that gets the game while I'm updating will more than likely be able to play up to that point, because gotta update sometime to fix bugs and stuff for those already playing!). Dialogue is so slooooow though, gotta think carefully on how to handle things, and sometimes it's trickier than it seems. Trying SO hard to not do what I've been doing all game with really long dialogue that isn't needed, and it's hard. T-T

Should I even bother with optional content for the game (sidequests and the like)??? I'm debating if it's worth doing at this time, but the problem is is the way I have the main story set up, quite a few things that aren't answered in main story are in the sidequests, so...that's a problem on my end. Zzz...

Just finished up a slot machine mini-game and now just added Blackjack as well
Finished a quick synopsis of the games plot, did a quick portrait sketch of main villain. Trying to settle on a character concept for tge last female party member and then I need to do concept art of the rest of the party and secondary characters (Main NPCs). After that I need to wrap my head around sprinting and map making; and find out how to get my scripts to work properly.
I've recently finished a good ending point for the next demo release of Steel Spirit SaGa and am now thoroughly play testing it to iron out and bugs and glitches I might have missed. So far some of the ones that are listed in the comments have been taken care of. But one can never be too careful. Just because I'm making a crappy RM2K3 fan sequel to an old PS1 game doesn't mean I can't put a bit of effort into it.
Currently 9 hours into a full play test of my game.

At some point, testing a game becomes ridiculous. I feel like I'm developing blind for things like pacing and balance, because the only way to get a true sense of it is to sink a week into playtesting.

@KoopaKush who would ever choose forfeit ;p
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I definitely recommend doing a full playtest, and making a save file at the beginning and end of every dungeon. That way if you need to get a feel for things like pacing and balance again in the future, you can skip ahead. Multiple saves in the same place with different builds can also be helpful if your game allows build choices or party member choices or any sort of party/skill customization like that.

I think in my big 20-hour game I had something like 60 or 70 total save files. I actually kept them in a different folder with more meaningful filenames instead of Save01, and copied them in and out of the game folder as needed because RPG Maker doesn't support that many saves.

But also yeah you still just have to playtest a lot. Solo game development involves more testing than actual development. (But involves more promotion than everything else combined.)
That's a pretty clever idea. Will totally help me going forward.
@KoopaKush who would ever choose forfeit ;p

Lol for the most part that's true, but say you just bet 50 Gold, and your first hand you draw like a 15-16, if you don't want to risk losing that 50 Gold, you can only surrender on your first turn, take the loss, and receive half of your Gold back. (That is if you're playing against a "fair" card dealer."
Just finished up the last rough sketch of my fin pc for my Lunar Fan Game. Put it up in creative corner. Now I need to work on items, skills, weapons, and armor. Then draw up some rough maps and storyboards and story outline.

Began working on doing my own sprites for my Lunar game. The one I "made" is the second last to left. The issue I'm having is getting battlers to work. Im using theolizeds side view battle for my battle engine. My issue is getting battlers to work with it. It's wanting certain battlers that I believe were included in the file I got with the plug in. But they're all generic ones made to work with it and not in the style of the game I'm trying to make. So i need to work on making my own and find a way to get them to work with the scripts I'm using...

EDIT: I had to delete the old one and replace it with the updated version because when I tried to update it in the locker it kept showing the older one. Anyways, I've gotten the majority of the basic sprtie and walking animation done for the main PC for my game. All I have left is the battlers battles and to repeat the process for the other 5 PCs, the antsgonists and important NPCs... sigh...
I'm working on a Level Up genie mechanic. A friendly genie comes and grants the player a wish whenever they level up.

So far the players can ask for money or item that raises their hp or full heal. I'm contemplating on adding more wishes you can ask the genie, such as mana increase item instead.