WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Gourd, try getting rid of the black pixel in his eyes, it looks awkward. Make it a darker version of the iris color instead. Aside from his eyes he looks pretty good. He strikes me as extremely muscular, both because his shoulders are super wide and because of how his arms are positioned.
author=LockeZ
He strikes me as extremely muscular, both because his shoulders are super wide and because of how his arms are positioned.
I'm doing something right! Thanks, I appreciate it. Now I hope I can do the same with his portrait.
I finished uploading my second let's play of Hellion. Go and watch it on the Hellion media page! XD I need to make a topic for my LPs once I get to 5 videos.
Damn it. I screwed something up with one of my game's menus and -- now -- it needs to be refixed before I progress onwards. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Hoping that it won't take too long to fix. Ugh.
Over the next couple of days, or the weekend depending on work/my schedule, I'm going to repair the damage I did to the first section of my faux first person dungeon crawler while I was on painkillers back in december. Hopefully, if enough is salvageable I can use it for demo purposes. That will probably be as far as it gets for quite a while, but I'll post more about that on the game page when the time comes.

Several elements of my "original" story for my Star Wars rpg have since appeared in other things, including TOR plots (thanks to a friend of mine for bursting THAT balloon since I haven't played it, grumble) and even Mass Effect 3, so now I've thrown it all out and I'm trying to plan out the smaller narrative modules for my new approach.

One of my "dream projects" has really been gnawing at my brain lately, and it could conceivably incorporate a lot of the game mechanics/systems I have planned for my other work, with the possible inclusion of my made up language. The goal there is to get enough resources together to make the screenshots for a game page upload, and then make demos of each feature to see how they test.

I haven't made anything other than design notes since december though, so I'm not certain about the viability of anything at this point.

/blogpost
Working on an encounter based system for my project instead of the ol' classic encounter system. *Lazy*, so finding a sprite that should be perfect for all monster sprites that manifests into a beast upon being touched by the player.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Crying over secret gam's map list

ok it really isn't that long

but Panorama maps man
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Hadonis, just vx ace game, I'm not giving up on Spirit Guardians, for rm2k3 games in my game section, I'm not sure even I'll continue them. rpg maker vx/ace seems more simple to make with tilesets, plus with the sample maps are for lazy people like me, but they'll be overused sooner or later.
I've finished this sprite up and I think it looks decent, anything I've looked over?

chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Not that I can see, looks good, love that little red devil. Actually with a game maker full of evil monsters, it's surprising there's not more devils and Satans around, maybe because it's japanese originated?
I'm going to pop in and say...

I'm trying to figure out cutscenes in my game. o.o

Like how to convey where the text box/text and portrait(s) shall go. XD
author=StrawberryFlower
I'm going to pop in and say...

I'm trying to figure out cutscenes in my game. o.o

Like how to convey where the text box/text and portrait(s) shall go. XD

I'd say put them where they won't hide too much of what's else.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
CONCEPT ARTIN'

Wrapping up the script for chapter one of the game we're building. Gameplay will probably be at somewhere between 5-8 hours. How long are chapters for you all, typically? And when you all do demos, how long do you typically let them run for?
Eventing and coding! seeing if i can get my time bar to move, and i don't know anything about releasing demos and how long. If i do i may just set it for um, some exploring in one of the towns, to play one of the scenes and test out the battle system
author=AquaXranoX
Eventing and coding! seeing if i can get my time bar to move, and i don't know anything about releasing demos and how long. If i do i may just set it for um, some exploring in one of the towns, to play one of the scenes and test out the battle system

It depends what you want to display in your demo, most demos are a few hours long (which in my case is a bit long, but suitable). 30 minutes of seeing the games interface is enough to display the battle system, visual and story.

By the way, what do you mean by "Seeing if I can get my time bar to move"? Working on a CBS Time bar variable? In that case I'd recommend making pictures with a coloured bar slowly representing 100%(Full) and have a variable keep "Adding 1 to itself until the variable is equal to or greater than). I did something like this in my game where the player walks on sand and the bar for how much heat they can take rises up.

Questions will pretty much be the main mechanic of my game, and there won't be battles unless I interlace them with puzzles.
I tried to make it look pretty\creepy\asthetically pleasing but I DEFINITELY need some feedback or suggestions. Of course it will be accompanied with creepy music and then knowledge that shit is going down while you nonchalantly add another question and are about to be thrown right in the middle of it.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
I really like the lettering, the picture could be better though the blue spots on black are nice.
Working on a dungeon - The Desert Shrine, an ancient tomb built by the Dark Elves native to the Nysorothian desert. Inside, many corpses are left perfectly preserved, originally left as a sacrifice for the Fire God Ifrit. However, the once sacred burial place is now desecrated, and home to an evil tribe who are guilty of extortion, rape, and murder. The tribe is led by the power-hungry dark elf who calls himself "Zibinx".

Does anyone else ever find themselves completely redesigning a room/the entire dungeon multiple times? I'm satisfied with some rooms in this dungeon, but not others.