WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Should be pretty easy to have a parallel process event check your x,y and teleport you based on that, for the obvious need for that on the world map. That clears up a ton of events there, or on other maps with multiple teleports (...towers?).

The real question is: why do we bother? (I'm definitely not racing you.)
That's pretty much what I had in mind too (the solution not the why, the why is because it's fun!). This is going to be a glorious clusterfuck working around all these restrictions!
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
My least favorite part--yelling about my games advertising.

I tried to make a promo image. I'm not good at that kind of thing, honestly, so I'm not sure if I like it. But it's the thought that counts, right? No need for you graphic designers to point out how much I suck: I know I suck.

In parallel, on another project...ALCHEMY!

$Grid_Crafting_1x2[0] = [152,0,1,28,0,136,0] # redacted

$Grid_Crafting_1x2[1] = [153,0,1,27,0,89,0] # redacted
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[2] = [154,0,1,37,0,83,0] # redacted
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[3] = [155,0,1,83,0,82,0] # redacted
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[4] = [156,0,1,29,0,86,0] # redacted
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[5] = [157,0,1,26,0,85,0] # redacted
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[6] = [158,0,1,90,0,136,0] # redacted
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[7] = [152,0,1,86,0,136,0] # redacted
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[8] = [153,0,1,88,0,84,0] # redacted
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[9] = [154,0,1,82,0,83,0] # redacted
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[10] = [155,0,1,89,0,92,0] # redacted
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[11] = [156,0,1,29,0,104,0] # redacted
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[12] = [157,0,1,85,0,92,0] # redacted
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[13] = [158,0,1,90,0,84,] # redacted
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[14] = [152,0,1,136,0,28,0] # Same as 0
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[15] = [153,0,1,89,0,27,0] # Same as 1
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[16] = [154,0,1,37,0,83,0] # Same as 2
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[17] = [155,0,1,83,0,82,0] # Same as 3
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[18] = [156,0,1,86,0,29,0] # Same as 4
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[19] = [157,0,1,85,0,27,0] # Same as 5
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[20] = [158,0,1,136,0,90,0] # Same as 6
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[21] = [152,0,1,136,0,86,0] # Same as 7.
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[22] = [153,0,1,84,0,88,0] # Same as 8
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[23] = [154,0,1,92,0,37,0] # Same as 9
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[24] = [155,0,1,89,0,92,0] # Same as 10
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[25] = [156,0,1,29,0,104,0] # Same as 11
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[26] = [157,0,1,85,0,92,0] # Same as 12
$Grid_Crafting_1x2[27] = [158,0,1,90,0,84,] # Same as 13

Fuck that was tedious! And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Craze
GreatRedSpirit
That's pretty much what I had in mind too (the solution not the why, the why is because it's fun!). This is going to be a glorious clusterfuck working around all these restrictions!

I also thought that if dungeons are deliberately broken up into different sections of the same map, the event that checks for teleportation could also move chests. All you'd need is a "current section" variable and you could easily have chests that utilize all four self-switches, one for each of four locations in a dungeon.

I'll try it out after class.

My biggest sadness is the only ten enemies, because... three bosses, one final boss leaves only six normal enemies for the entire game. Oh dear.
I worked around those by
1) Create monsters and troops
2) Save that data via Marshal.dump call
3) Recall that data as needed via Marshal.load. Like say when you enter a dungeon!

I'm planning something similar with weapons and skills too. Save it, when the game opens load all of it and add it to $data_whatever instead of replacing it, and directly inject who learns what via scripts.
Craze
GreatRedSpirit
I worked around those by
1) Create monsters and troops
2) Save that data via Marshal.dump call
3) Recall that data as needed via Marshal.load. Like say when you enter a dungeon!

GENIUS
After trying to figure out why on earth everybody was double attacking I discovered that in Ace Skill #1 is used whenever anybody uses a regular attack.

Whoa.
Craze
Skill #2 is Defend.
Mother fucker. Time to shift everything *again*. Thanks. I'm glad I haven't done a lot of skill work yet!
I'm trying to come up with a different character scale so I can make templates to use for a couple of 2k3 projects I am toying with starting up.

Edit - Geeze, I just noticed how much more work the female prototype needs. Ouch.
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
Time to re-map EVERYTHING past the new level I added..

yaay

and that's if I don't get distracted from coding a RPG in Game Maker from scratch (which is frickin tedious as all hell)
Been -- extremely -- busy as of late...but, progress:

"Story Mode: NEW GAME + (er, for me, that is...)"

Yes, yes, I know I said I 'twiddles fingers' -- completed -- the "Story Mode" a couple of months ago, but since a lot of the earlier parts of the story were done back in March and April, back when I knew nothing about the characters, the premise, the story, anything, I thought I would redo those earlier scenes and 'tidy' up a bit on the edges. It feels good going back. It's kinda like doing a "Second Quest," or "New Game +" option with the story. You get to go back, make changes, add in somethings now that you know more about the characters and how they act and feel...it's great! It's like stepping back into a 'time machine!" :D

Luckily, I'm only doing this for the 'earlier scenes,' so none of the more recent ones, other than a quick 'touch-up'.

"Item Chances"

Also, speaking of the STORY MODE, during certain scenes with certain characters, if your LUCK rating as a certain amount, you may be rewarded with an item! Some are useless, but it cuts down the amount of time that people have to spend constantly fighting online with other players, buying stuff at the 'shop,' 'black market,' etc., so I thought it would be a good idea.

"More RMN Characters, Ahoy!"

(Considering that you 'guys' are -- such -- *cough* an inspiration!)

Caris Burnfist
Romancing Walker

Alexis Aslan
Sore Losers

Doctor Tiberius (Magi) Klamoreis
Balmung Cycle???

(There's a funny additional scene that reveals that "Doctor Tiberius Klamoreis" is actually MAGI, and the creator of "Balmung Cycle!" He / She's been covering him / herself as an...whatever, just to feel some love and get some attention online. "Magi" is actually -- really -- an old dude in this game -- and I love it!!!)

Sorry 'bout the long post. I'll try and submit some of the OST's whenever I get a chance. I still need to unhack my E-Mail and Youtube account, and I are lazy. :D
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
(no one's going to beleive it, but..)started 2 new maps for my everlasting game, yes! (all rtp of course.)
Im working on a game and wooo its harder than I thought to create one. I ask a person I work with to help me out and he agreed! woot woot! Its gonna be called Moon Fallen. I dont know how long its gonna be till demo. ><
Melkino
solos collectors on purpose
Re-editing some green nature-y tilesets, because the ones I've been using don't look very good with a purple night tint!
I love playing around RMVXA... Fun fun fun.

Gonna make stuff for the character generator and have more fun.
Craze
I'm making my battle demo pretty well-commented so that you can see how everything was made... hopefully.

EDIT: I should probably throw in a "next if sub_member.dead?" line; in this game, all healing revives allies, but.... yeah.
Hi, I'd like to show some of the work I was up to recently. Whole ABS thing-project is not in English, abs uses some english words tho - because they re shorter than in my native language. To keep things small. If you dont mind to spare a minute, you can check the rm2k3 abs vid, its still under development.

Im seeing alot of projects I like on here, so its cool to know the RM Community is still producing some quality work. I have been working on an old game called Tales of Falonia which has since been renamed Revelations of Gaia. The story is something that I have put alot of time into, but equally as important are the characters which I am trying to develop.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Tales of Falonia which has since been renamed Revelations of Gaia

from bad to terribad