WHATCHU WORKIN' ON? TELL US!

You can enjoy trailer of my shit, which is 80% ready minus translation.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Really original and looks fun!^
That video had me laughing quite a few times, would like to play it when it gets translated.

Working on something myself at the moment, kind of a spiritual successor to LOTPS in terms of setting (and the basis of the battle system).

Currently uses the same layout and images as LOTPS though for the battles but as it's something I coded from scratch and added stuff to I don't feel it would be right to post screen shots that scream 'stolen'.

It basically uses the cr system from LOTPS in which each attack or skill uses up a different amount of cr, so the more the cr cost the longer you have to wait until you can act again. It also has a momentum style system where the more you attack the more momentum you build up which increases damage, on the other hand when you defend you gain a boost in momentum for your next turn, but after that it resets to 0. So you can defend in a pinch when you need to but to get enough damage to effectively kill your enemies you can't just sit and turtle.

Not much gameplay at the moment though besides a few maps as I haven't got a full plot in my head much. Any words of wisdom about why my battle system would be boring/awesome/completely useless are appreciated.

EDIT: Also, would like to lol at the butthurt guy on the previous page
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

never doing zelda-style screen-by-screen mapping ever again
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn

Really it just looks like a Balmung screenshot, because that is practically what it is. I am never going to make a game with this, but this is something I do when I get bored. Actions are based on number input, and the cursor thing is for something else I am working on.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Craze-- That's the exact same way I'm mapping my current project, I don't have a lot of content but already a lot of maps.
I like the confined space though, and being able to use panos well.

EDIT: I've been working on a Fallout 3 fangame in rpgmaker 2003, it's coming along nicely and I'm trying to really nail the feel of the fallout universe.
author=Craze
never doing zelda-style screen-by-screen mapping ever again

at least yours is organized

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
how

how the fuck do you even.

I drew out the entire game on graph paper with numbered columns/lettered rows before I dreamed of putting it into RM*. =X
Oh snap that looks well too hectic, how do you even know what's going on if it's all 'up' 'left' 'left' 'down' 'left' 'right' maybe put the rooms key feature in the name aswell. Or just do what Craze did and plan it out in grid formation.
haha i'm more of a spontaneous dungeon maker, i guess. my world map was done like that but i took some time to give it grid coordinates.

map first, organize later.

the way i see it, after a while of working with the maps you memorize their position in the map tree anyways. there is a different sense of organization to it and that is the flow that the player will be accessing the rooms. it's a Zelda 1 style dungeon, all 20x15 rooms. the dungeons are never too large so it works out for me. i can usually find what i'm looking for after a few clicks :3
Ah fair dos I know what you mean about spontaneous dungeon making. Each to their own I suppose, after all it's only you that needs to know which order it has to go in.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I have done plenty of dungeons with upwards of 20 rooms per dungeon, but I name them. This room is "Ledges with spikes" and the one after that is "Destroyed office area". Since every room generally has a unique feature like that, it's far more helpful than numbers. I used to give them names like "Storage Room B" and "Floor 2: Room 4" but I had to click through half the rooms in the area every time I wanted to find soemthing.

Of course, that's in RPG Maker. In my MUD, rooms get names like "zeal31" because I have to type the names out, instead of clicking on them. The time saved by recognizing the more descriptive names would be lost by having to type out "zeal_palace_east_ledge_with_two_bookshelves". Not to mention that with 180 areas of about 20-30 rooms each, I probably don't even know which room I'm looking for ahead of time. I often just teleport myself to the beginning of the area and walk through until I find what I need. And then I forget to make myself invisible and players see me walking through and they're like "Dude oh shit it's an admin, hide yo childrens, hide yo wifes"
My computer died a week or so ago, and so I lost my entire project. Boo hiss. Fortunately, I managed to save all of my resources, but it looks like "Glass" is on hiatus until further notice.

Decided to start a new project (or rather, to revisit an idea I had from several years ago). It's an NES-inspired horror RPG. Right now I'm beginning on the tileset. For most of it, I'm going to shrink RTP tiles, trace them with only two or three colours, and then upscale them once again. Texture will have to wait until later. I don't have a lot to show for it yet, but it'll happen. Slowly.

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
NES + horror = not horror

I mean I'm not a graphics nut, one of my games is text based, and IMO there aren't honestly a lot of things that actually are actually dependant or even improved by good graphics. But ambiance is one of the things that definitely is.

So if you can successfully pull this off I really wanna see it.
Working on:
Games:
Bahamut - Between Light and Darkness
Estopolus - Requiem of Spirits Part II

Music:
Beyond Rage - Phase One EP
Solo Album - Melodic Death Metal (no title yet)

Videos:
Brothers Grym - Season 2 (german)
Virus (pre-production)

Comics:
www.void-comics.com (ongoing)
author=LockeZ
NES + horror = not horror

I mean I'm not a graphics nut, one of my games is text based, and IMO there aren't honestly a lot of things that actually are actually dependant or even improved by good graphics. But ambiance is one of the things that definitely is.

So if you can successfully pull this off I really wanna see it.

If you want to invoke feeling in something NES like, it's all about color. Right now, the coloring is pretty bad for horror, too bright and colorful.

Also, it's got too many colors to look like a NES game. Lensky, you should do some research on it. The limits imposed on NES palettes are what make them so recognizable. Maybe you could start with this.
Hey there guys! I've just uploaded a game I've been working in.
It's Adventure Academy - a kind of raising simulator (similar to Princess Maker series or Cute Knight) but mixed with eccentric humor and a class system.

Nothing really serious but a fun little project.
Hope you enjoy it!

http://rpgmaker.net/games/4516/
Seems interesting. I'll take a look at it.
Yesterday I got back to my comic in making.. Cyberdogs. It's about this K9-unit that gets enchanced and turned into humanoid cyborgs. They serve and protect by fighting regular crime and stuff like picking cats from trees , etc. Their main objective is to fight against rabies-virus that's taking over other enhanced dogs and turning them into these crazed anarchists.

If that makes any sense. To be honest it's not too serious of a project, just something to improve/keep up my drawing skills. hey, I've learned to draw dog faces if nothing else :)

EDIT: Does anyone know a good place to upload images? I'd like to have some constructive critisism possibly in future

EDIT2: Oh s***! this is "GAME development whatcha working on"!!
so yeah, I'm also making this game inspired by demon's, dark souls and nethack games. Sort of a hardcore rpg. I'm thinking of making somekinda semi-random map progression. So the other day I got ONE tile in chipset done. expected release date : sometime in spring 2099