CHAIN GAME?

Pages: first 123 next last
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Hey gang, what would you say to a chain-game? We already have Azn's chain comics, why not a game?
Any interest in this? If so, I'll sort out the details and post a topic about it. For now, let's just decide and discuss the possibility.

I suggest a parody game, because it's my RM bread and butter, but I'm not adverse to something serious.

RTP would be familiar and easy for everyone to use, but we could also just make a new "RTP" to use, maybe something Dragon Quest-ish?

Thoughts, comments, interest? Post away!
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=Dudesoft
RTP would be familiar and easy for everyone to use

That's not necessarily true. That is, if you're looking for RTP used correctly.
I would be down for this. I have much experience in the "drag other the work of others to the bottom of the ocean" area of game design.
"That's not necessarily true. That is, if you're looking for RTP used correctly."

But it's easier to use RTP correctly than it is to use other sets correctly.
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
Woo! Ill join if its not a serious game.
If it's 2k/2k3, and it's not RTP only, I might join!
I'll be on this if it's 2k/3 as well
Dudesoft
Ok, I was going to suggest VX because it's current and legal, but if you peeps want 2k3 that's fine. I'm very familiar with how it works at least.

author=Corfaisus
author=Dudesoft
RTP would be familiar and easy for everyone to use
That's not necessarily true. That is, if you're looking for RTP used correctly.
It's just that RTP has all the essentials for making a map, and most people know how to use it. (Besides this is a chain game, so if one person is less talented in mapping, it will only affect their portion of the game.)

I -think- the way it works is Person A makes a chapter of the game, then hands it to Person B, who subsequently builds a chapter to follow Person A, and hands it to Person C and so on. Am I wrong?

Also if you're opposed to RTP, maybe we could make a new sprite sheet set together.
I would also be down for a 2k3 chain game. I would vote for RTP though, since it actually looks pretty nice when used well. Also, it's easy to get, obviously.
Dudesoft
The reason I suggest making our own is because This Guy's stuff is really easy to make and looks great. Hell, could just make a similar style by editing the RTP.
Dudesoft
author=Dudesoft
. Hell, could just make a similar style by editing the RTP.

I like this idea a lot actually!
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
Might I also suggest REFMAP if RTP turns out to not be everyone's cup of tea? There isn't much to choose from if you're taking into account usability and uniformity.
I could try to make some new RTP if you want. I do that same style.

EDIT: I'll make the tiles/Battle bgs and some other stuff. Someone else can do Chars/Monsters cause I am already in enough hell doing those right now.
Dudesoft
That'd be awesome man, if you do some maybe I could emulate your style and help out.
KingArthur : I like the looks of REFMAP too, let's see what we can come up with first though, it would definitely pop our game out of the norm.
A game consisting of a bunch of different art styles would be pretty neat~
Dudesoft
Hmm. That's a thought. What if everyone had to make their own chipset?
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
author=Dudesoft
Hmm. That's a thought. What if everyone had to make their own chipset?

What if everyone made their own sprites for the characters to match the chipsets?
Dudesoft
It's a thought. I'll shut up for a while and let you all discuss! :D
Pages: first 123 next last