[EVENT] CHAIN GAME - RMN STYLE!

Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
The RMN Chain Game
Where Real Men Chain Together

Gamepage is HERE.

So this EVENT will be a pretty lengthy endeavor. Basically, we will be EXPECTING to take months on this.
Together, we will build a game, each of us taking turns to add a new segment. The project folder including the entire RMN Chain Game will be passed from one person to the next.

We can openly discuss what we are working on with each other, so that we all have ample time to vaguely plan our segments. However, it might be best to -not- jump the gun and work on your project maps before your turn, because you will likely not know what you're following!

At any rate, enough talk. Here is how it's going down:

Each person will make a Chapter in the overall game.
-This can last from 30 minutes of gameplay to an hour. There's no firm rule on play length, but it shouldn't be too long really. Don't out-do yourself, and make sure it's easily playable.

Each Chapter will have an Artifact to find
-The underlying goal of the game is to gather the Artifacts so you can stop the Evil Dude At The End Cave (Edatec!)
-The Artifacts will be assigned to you, along with your project, and the rest of the Chapter is entirely up to you.

Each turn will take up to 2 weeks
-You will have 2 weeks to plan, map, build, event, and most importantly TEST, your Chapter.
-Make sure you TEST TEST TEST your Chapter, and do not (please and thank you) meddle in any one else's Chapters.
-Each Chapter will be in a drop-down map menu (you probably know how RPGMaker map lists work by now)

The Chain Game will be made in RPG Maker 2003
-This is by popular vote in the other topic. Everyone knows how RM2k3 works, and if not, it is by far one of the easiest to pick up and create with.

Database is opensource.
-Everyone can add to the Database...
-NO ONE CAN DELETE FROM THE DATABASE.
-Keep in mind the database might affect the other Chapters, so you cannot take anything out or change what is already there.
-You can use items from other Chapters if they suit your Chapter... but probably best to leave switches and variables ALONE.

Graphics will be Akropolis
-You may want to fiddle with these chipsets prior to your Chapter turn, just to familiarize yourself with them.
(Just a suggestion)

Music is opensource
-You may add music
-You may NOT delete music
-Please use small file sizes or Midi tracks, that way our game won't inflate to a whale of undownloadable proportions.

Characters are opensource
-Everyone may add ONE character to the main cast per Chapter. With this character you may fiddle with the battle events / enemy groups...
-Do NOT fiddle with previous chapter monsters/battle events... Just add more to be used in your Chapter. This is a little tricky, and we can discuss this as it comes into play.

Switches / Variables are add only
-Like noted above, you can only add new switches or variables. Don't try to re-use other ones...

-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Maker List
Main Spriter: DE
This is the turn list.
1. Deckiller (He'll Jack Bauer you!)
2. Lennon (He'll stare at you from the corner of his eye!)
3. JosephSeraph (He'll rip out your throat and piss down your neck!)
4. Desmo360 (He'll do!)
5. Ginseng_Tea (Look out, you're about to get STEEPED!)
6. ldida1 (Welp!)
7. Liberty (You can't have enough Liberty. Come get some!!!)
8. Tardis (he'll mutton your chops)
9. NewBlack (he's new and black)
10. GreatRedSpirit/Dudesoft (One of these things is not like the other!)
(more slots to be added as people claim them)
*NOTE! Each slot has 2 weeks exactly to finish the game. It will not be passed on until AFTER 2 weeks is up... then the next person will get it. So only request a timeslot that works for your life. If you are in school, don't claim a slot that happens during exams or tests! Do yourself that favour. :)

Due to the increased number of helpers, this needed to be added!

Support Crew
-DE
-Liberty
-JosephSeraph
-s_w
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
So it's those 4 chipsets? What about charsets, etc?
There are four pages (3, really) of Akropolis chars, found on the same Polish site. I'm in, so long as it maintains some level of seriousness, although I'm not crazy about using Akropolis for a chain game.

I don't care which position I occupy, so I'll take whatever's left.
Hey, what about editting the chipset, but fitting the style? (And the palette?)
Also, not reusing monsters and monster groups is definately not complicated. We can always copy&paste the existing ones to give the continuity feel without messing up with prior chapter's stuff. Can I take slot 4?
Guys akropolis have charsets too, just check DE's profile and click charset and stuff '3')b
Stupid browser, I didn't see Kaempfer's reply :<
Just to make myself crear (Something I'm awful at), I meand creating something to add onto what we already have. To create adittional graphics, but to leave the already existing intact. Just to add a littl bit of diversity, for... 10 like monsters for a 8 chaoter game is kinda too little, don't you think?

Hmm, maybe not.
Dudesoft
I was thinking about the editing chips to meet the style, and yes that seems like a good idea. Same rule applies for adding new Chipsets, as the database. Add, don't subtract. Just try to keep with the style, and all is well. Same goes for Charasets. I will include the already existing Akropolis charas in the project.

author=Deckiller
So it's those 4 chipsets? What about charsets, etc?
Also, we were going to use RTP which only really has about 3 majorly different sets. So no real graphical loss from the looks of it.
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
Im in, number 6 or 7 is good.
II'll go for it, too.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I can't wait, guys! I love chain games; I did one on UI, and my LP of it is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjP9V6Khxsk
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
Not too fond of the charset but I might be able to whip up some monsters. Any suggestions?
gamingw.net has done this several times over the years.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
So I really wanted to pixel something.
Dudesoft
Nice, Arcan! That'll be great for something in the game, I'm sure. We'll put it to use! :D

author=Ginseng_Tea
Why aren't I on the list?
Whoops! Forgot you, had to get back to work. Sorry :P

author=ShortStar
gamingw.net has done this several times over the years.
I'll give you 4 guesses where I got the idea.
You know what, I'll bite! Throw me in whenever, it'll probably end up being a bad week for me anyways!
(as long as it is in 2011 I'll be fine)
This is a cool idea but I might not be doing it anyway even though I'd be finished with 20XX when my turn came up.
Dudesoft
Thanks for posting! :D

Also, this should be pretty easy to sprite for / rip sprites for. It's basicly Final Fantasy Legends, except with a blue tint.