SQUARE ENIX LOSES ALL SANITY, ANNOUNCES FINAL FANTASY 13-2

In my dreams, Yasumi Matsuno comes back to SE's rescue and is allowed to do whatever he wants for the next FF game...
author=mellytan
In my dreams, Yasumi Matsuno comes back to SE's rescue and is allowed to do whatever he wants for the next FF game...

Dunno if FF fans could handle a game that's not about generic rpg bishounen falling in love with generic cutesy waifu.
Lulz

FF 13 is the worst game on the saga, what they were thinking ????

BurningTyger
Hm i Wonder if i can pul somethi goff here/
Remember that Fabula Nova Crystalis (?) is 3 gamesint he sme universe, so "2" may well be either Agito ofr versus.
Fans yearn for a FFVI remake on 3DS. Let us see what'll happen. GAH Let us listen to Aria de Mezzo on 3DS. GAH. (But FFV on 3DS would, yes, be awesome.)

Remakes sequels prequels mequels dequels preckels freckels.
Fabula Nova Crystallis is 3 seperate timeleines set around the same concept of the crystals. However XIII-3 is a continuation of XIII, as Versus XIII and Type-0 are completely different things.

Oh and
Dunno if FF fans could handle a game that's not about generic rpg bishounen falling in love with generic cutesy waifu.

Technically FF13 doesn't fall under that, 'cause the only real romance in it has taken place before the game begins, so there's falling in love to be found.
author=CociCookie
Technically FF13 doesn't fall under that, 'cause the only real romance in it has taken place before the game begins, so there's falling in love to be found.

I wasn't referring to FF13 at all.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
Still enjoying Chaos Rings. The game took a huge about-face on what I thought was going on and changed it into something totally else. The plot twist was something I didn't expect in a jRPG! Now playing the last Couple before grinding to beat the optional bosses and ultimate final boss Quila or whatever.
Why is Lightning wearing armor if the game is supposed to be futuristic? That's all I thought while watching the trailer LOL.
Dudesoft
Finally watched the trailer... I like how it makes no sense and doesn't get me pumped at all. Kind of like the first game! :O
or here is a better question: why is she wearing a skirt into battle. oh right male gaze male audience jrpgs blah blah firebomb japan
Chances are they have to do a sequil on 13 to make up for the money lost on 14.
Dudesoft
author=Fallen-Griever
Why is Lightning wearing armor if the game is supposed to be futuristic?
Implying that modern soldiers don't wear armour.

The start of the video has them waking up from being crystals. That's supposed to be like 2000 years later right? Maybe society crumbled with the L'cie gone and became medivalish?
Hope's bitchassness was almost unbearable in 13. Leona Lewis plus the chocobo theme with lyrics overshadowed alot of the great music in the game.

I've tried many times to finish 12(even with cheats to speed things up), but just can't do it. Vaans closeted homosexuality plus his award winning signature douchebag dialog make him the worst protagonist of any ff game.

The newest trailer for FF 13 verses looks great though. If Square messes this one up I'll be that crazy fanboy that goes to SE headquarters and starts beating the hell out of everyone with a 2x4. Just playing. But seriously.
FFXIII-2 can only made FFXIII better. FFXIII was universally bad. It had poor characters, a poor story, bad voice acting, a huge lack of RPG elements. It was just a really, really bad game. Except for Fang. She was awesome.

FFXIII-2 will do for FFXIII what FFX-2 did for FFX. Bring back all the crap that was missing that people complained about, and hopefully be a lighthearted tromp through Pulse that is fun.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I think I disagree with every single thing in your post, except that FF13-2 can potentially be fun. It might be fun. But not if it's lighthearted, not if it's a tromp around Pulse, and sure as FUCK not if it is anything like FFX-2.

I would be afraid to offend any FFX-2 fanboys out there but I'm relatively positive there aren't any, that game symbolizes everything that Square has ever done wrong in any aspect of any game or series.
I agree with Jericho back on page 1. No more FFs. Please.

It's my opinion that anything after 7 and the first FF-Tactics can be sealed away forever. And I had to strain to give 7 a chance. (which I was glad I did.)

All the new ones look the same to the average eye. Also, the new ones are all just sort of weird CG anime knock-offs of the greater FF titles.

I could easily be wrong, as I stopped buying into the Final Fantasy franchise for the sake of its name after FF-10.
author=JosephSeraph
Fans yearn for a FFVI remake on 3DS. Let us see what'll happen. GAH Let us listen to Aria de Mezzo on 3DS. GAH. (But FFV on 3DS would, yes, be awesome.)

Remakes sequels prequels mequels dequels preckels freckels.

Gotta be careful with the remakes... Like the old man used to say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

It's like movie remakes and box office hit sequels... Swing or a miss. Nothing inbetween.
author=Atmaweapon
It's my opinion that anything after 7 and the first FF-Tactics can be sealed away forever. And I had to strain to give 7 a chance. (which I was glad I did.)

8 and 9 are pretty much the same as 7. I never played anything after 9 so I can't speak beyond that.

author=Atmaweapon
Gotta be careful with the remakes... Like the old man used to say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

There's another saying "if your not making money off it anymore, remake it". The other remakes only improve the games otherwise untoched by new gamers because of the old shitty graphics. But those first few games were kinda broken...