SQUARE ENIX LOSES ALL SANITY, ANNOUNCES FINAL FANTASY 13-2

If it actually has the RPG stuff in it that FFXIII didn't have, well, what could we lose I guess. FFXIII would have been an alright game if it wasn't so stripped bare.
Final Fantasy 13-2
Final Fantasy 13 Versus
Final Fantasy 13 Magical School Edition Agito Type-0
Dissidia DLC: Purchase the dissidia 2 demo and you can use Aeriths when the full game is released
Kingdoms Hearts 3ds: Dream Drop Distance

Dream Drop Distance

*edit*
Official trailer release is the 20th. Unsurprisingly it's been leaked, you can try to catch it on youtube between somebody uploading it and youtube taking it down. More trailers on the 27th, probably for MSE
please stop
no more final fantasies
no dissidia
no anyhting
please
please stop
no more double posts
please
Man, I really don't like sequels. When is the last time a game sequel was actually successful? (Not counting series, of course) Moreover, Versus is the only game that actually looks cool to me.

I'm all for plot improvement, but focus on Versus and Agito instead of killing of the original FFXIII in a brutal manner.
author=Jericho
please stop
no more final fantasies
no dissidia
no anyhting
please

STFU I want my bishounens. D=<
(I don't want another dissidia either.)
I'm all for plot improvement, but focus on Versus and Agito instead of killing of the original FFXIII in a brutal manner.

I was trying to say above, honestly I don't think that FFXIII really has anywhere to but up. If they actually put a game in between the battles/walking in halls/cutscenes, it's pretty much going to be instantly better than the original FFXIII.

As much as I would like Square Enix to stop spewing out hot steamy poop, it's really getting to a point where they can't get much worse (and financially, this is pretty literal considering their stock has fallen about 90%)

Either buy it/consume it or don't. Of course everyone has the right to an opinion, but, until Square Enix starts showing some signs of actual life and common sense, let's just sit back and chill and watch the show.

Also from what I hear of the new Dissidia it actually sounds pretty decent. I don't mind a sequel to Dissidia because it sounds like a genuine refinement of a decent idea into something better.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
Funny thing is all they need to do is give FF7 a graphical overhaul and sell it and boom 800000000% increase in profits.

Their trump card, kinda sad.
Meh... not another one...

Yeah... I stopped playing the series after FF9... FF10 really pissed me off especially when I found out my main character is a dorky surfer looking dude named Tidus who wears gay yellow shorts.

Final Fantasy 11 in my opinion wasn't that bad... but it never compelled me enough to finish it.

Some of my hardcore gamer friends dared to play the series beyond Final Fantasy 11... and to this day they just seem to have nothing to say about it. But I have to give them credit for actually beating the games, which I could never do.

Everything before FFX = Pure Sakaguchi gold

Best FF in my opinion = Final Fantasy VI
FFX ain't too bad. Who cares how the dude looks really; you get over that pretty fast and then you form an opinion of the actual game.
Sailerius
did someone say angels
All things considered, I'm looking forward to it. Considering that it's coming out this year, I'm willing to bet they're making use of the 100 hours' worth of cut content from the original game. Also, on a tangentially-related note, Versus XIII keeps looking better and better. The main cast has the same voice actors as the main cast of Code Geass and you can pilot giant robots and tanks? Why isn't this game in my hands yet?
author=Feldschlacht IV
FFX ain't too bad. Who cares how the dude looks really; you get over that pretty fast and then you form an opinion of the actual game.

Yeah, it had some nice features, like the sphere grid and blitzball, but I really hated Tidus, and everyone else in the game just looked.... weird.... for my tastes.

But really if I wasn't thinking about how better the previous ones were compared to FFX, and if I actually took an honest look at the game for what it is and not what it needs to live up to... then I would probably appreciate it much more.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
sqaur enix
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
To be honest Dissidia is pretty much the only FF I've cared about in recent memory. =/

Why can't they just make a world and dump you off in it again? Screw their Nomura characters and plot; Ivalice was better than any of that by leagues.
They're bringing back the world map for Versus, and they're doing a world map like thing for Dissidia as well.
My problem with FF 13 wasn't just some of the gameplay issues, but also a majority of the story. The characters were so fucking annoying and their actions made almost no sense at all. Didn't help that the voice acting was atrocious (not counting a few of em').

I wouldn't say they have nowhere to go but up, Feld. It's very possible they will just stay in the same mediocre shit they've been in for the past few years. Versus looks like it could be interesting, but seeing as it's also based in the same world as 13, I definitely have my doubts.

And yeah, if they remade FF VII, they would be right back on top again.
I'm glad they gave Level 5 Dragon Quest, at least SE can't fuck that up.
Why can't they just let it die, there turning Final Fantasy into Star Wars, shit after shit after more shit
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
author=Feldschlacht IV
They're bringing back the world map for Versus, and they're doing a world map like thing for Dissidia as well.

because having a world map will clearly give the game a remotely coherent story and good gameplay

i'm all for trippy shit that was probably written under the influences of controlled substances, but come on what the fuck is a la cie what is this crap

espers. technologically divided world. understated characters. believable/intelligent villain. that's all you really need.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
<nathan_graves> i remember when
<nathan_graves> you would see 'square' on a game box
<nathan_graves> and just
<nathan_graves> be guaranteed in that instant
<nathan_graves> that it would be an experience which wouldblow your existence away
<nathan_graves> now it means
<nathan_graves> 'jpop cutscenes'
<nathan_graves> lmfao