SQUARE ENIX LOSES ALL SANITY, ANNOUNCES FINAL FANTASY 13-2

author=Hexatona
All of the other games aside, Kingdom Hearts was a masterpiece. The combat system may have been button mashy and you had to roll around like a motherfucker to not get hit, but I always felt the battles were really intense.

But what really made the game was attention to detail regarding Disney's work. Not only did they do a lot of good work recreating all of the worlds and characters in 3d, but they got as many of the original voice actors as they could. They did a really good job of showing how each of the characters would react to all these heartless and incorporate these heartless into their storylines, and the overall story about hearts and kingdom hearts is something you could have seen in a disney movie straight up, and it felt like it.

Basically, it felt like I was playing a Disney Movie. But with final fantasy characters who were as happy go lucky as a disney protagonist. With themes you could find in a Disney movie melded into a Final Fantasyesque storyline.

This game is the most cohesive out of them all. If this had been a movie instead of a game, it would have been just as good.
I tried playing it, but it froze up my PS3 and I was too scared to try again.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Every time you tell me that story I want to strangle you.

Why don't you tell people how you don't play any Zelda games while you're at it! :P
I don't find them that fun.
I thought the prologue was kinda funny. If I could, I would show you guys a _____ of how much fun me and my brother had...

Wait a minute... Why can't I say _____?!
author=Hexatona
All of the other games aside, Kingdom Hearts was a masterpiece. The combat system may have been button mashy and you had to roll around like a motherfucker to not get hit, but I always felt the battles were really intense.

But what really made the game was attention to detail regarding Disney's work. Not only did they do a lot of good work recreating all of the worlds and characters in 3d, but they got as many of the original voice actors as they could. They did a really good job of showing how each of the characters would react to all these heartless and incorporate these heartless into their storylines, and the overall story about hearts and kingdom hearts is something you could have seen in a disney movie straight up, and it felt like it.

Basically, it felt like I was playing a Disney Movie. But with final fantasy characters who were as happy go lucky as a disney protagonist. With themes you could find in a Disney movie melded into a Final Fantasyesque storyline.

This game is the most cohesive out of them all. If this had been a movie instead of a game, it would have been just as good.

I agree.

I didn't play the sequel, but KH1 was pretty awesome. The game was basically nostalgia heaven for me. I liked the Disney stuff better than the Square stuff though, but both complimented each other really well, better than I thought they would.

author=Fallen-Griever
one of the best boss battles of all time. OF ALL TIME!

I found him extremely easy in both one and two, I dislike bosses that are to easy to kill (both only took me one try to beat him)

Problem?
Now this is a great boss battle, No rings = 1hit kill, two bosses in a row, epic music, nostalgiagasm, whats not to love.
(to bad his recent outing was a major disappointment, why redo everything? does no one possess any originality anymore)
FF13-2 English Trailer. Contains spoilers from FF13. In fact half the trailer is from FF13.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
why is she wearing armor with feathers everywhere
author=GreatRedSpirit
FF13-2 English Trailer.Contains spoilers from FF13. In fact half the trailer is from FF13.
If there were spoilers in there I didn't get any of them (because I haven't played FF13). Also, it was a terrible trailer, because I didn't understand what threat/crisis was resolved in FF13 and there was no indication what the impending threat/crisis is for FF13-2.

....unless the threat is feathers.

EDIT:
or spring-loaded swords.
featherass armor

brilliant design nomura (or whatever other dropout intern thought it was a great idea)
So I'm the only one who thought it was sweet, then? lol

It seemed more like a sneak peek than an actual trailer, though. It didn't really show much.
author=iishenron
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/18/final-fantasy-xiii-2-next-winter/Must be nice to have $10 million or so to burn.

It's also nice to lose money as well. Which is what they seem to be doing at the moment.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
FFXIII-2 topic becomes Kingdom Hearts opinion centre.
I think the Disney cannot be taken from KH. The entire point is to merge FF and Disney to make a game. That is how KH came to be. It worked!
But I think they sell the Disney aspect short in favor of some plucky anime kid on a paradise island, and the sinister faceless corporation. If they had tried to intregrate the Disney worlds instead of segregate each movie to a world, the series would be a lot better off. When they do this, mostly in KH2, (see the ye olde cartoon world or TRON). KH1 had the villains working together. After that it starts being all about Keyblade wars and Nobodies. I'd rather have Robin Hood join my fight to save Never Never Land from The Horned King or something.
KH didn't capture the Disney adventure feel. IThe series to me, keep dieing after every game released because they kept focusing to much on individual characters instead of everything in the game. Then again, Disney didn't develope the actual game so that may also be a reason.

As for FF13-2, no, no, no!
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I really wish I had played Final Fantasy XIII so I could possibly come to it's defence - I know really very little about it.

I don't know much about agito or versus, but the trailers of versus at least looked pretty nice - though I don't think I've seen a frame of gameplay, so...

What I do know about Final Fantasy XIII is that while much of it may be sparkly but bland, the esper battles are really puzzle battles: my favourite part about final fantasy X.

Also, from what I've gathered about the game, they have set up a potentially very interesting world to emplore. I can't blame them for wanting to spend just a little bit more so that they can explore it further - why not, you've already created all the graphics and battle system. It was probably their intention from the beginning.
=You want to defend a game you know nothing about?

Oh, and it was a Squareenix attempt at merging Wrpgs worlds with Jrpg gameplay. Or that's what I heard.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=jakandsig
=You want to defend a game you know nothing about?

Oh, and it was a Squareenix attempt at merging Wrpgs worlds with Jrpg gameplay. Or that's what I heard.

I can't understand that at all, considering WRPGs are known for their nonlinearity. I'd belive that about XII but not XIII
Yeah XIII is the polar opposite of any WRPG ever to exist ever.