QUESTION ABOUT PROPER PLACE TO POST...

Pages: 1
If I am looking for feedback and ideas for a project at it's very early stages where do I post that? I don't have enough to really make a game submission and I know we aren't supposed to post games in certain forums...

Thanks in advance for your help!
i don't think there is a place here for running ideas by people...
Oh. Well that saddens me. Would it be ok to put something like that in a general forum or would it just be a bad idea all around? I mean if it isn't something people usually do I don't want to be any kind of a nuisance...
I don't think there's any problem if you make a thread in help & requests and list out everything you'd like feedback about in one clearly written and concise post. List your issues and qualms and then elaborate as you go on.

Just call it something like "Would like feedback on project ideas" or whatever is relevant!
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
What's your real question, Hoddy? Post here and I'll give you my feedback!
yeah i guess this forum (help and requests) would be the best place for that

i'm confused about this too since a different RM site i went to had a specific place for this (wasn't a problem for me though since i was always very certain about what i wanted to do)
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
Depending on the context, it might also be suitable for discussion in Game Design & Theory as well.
Hoddy? lol. I see I have a nickname. Alright!

I just figure that I am still new to this game designing and what not, that it would be silly of me not to take advantage of the experience and expertise of the fabulous group of designers on this forum. SO I wanted to pitch my "concept" I guess with all of the features I want to have and what bits of the plot I have figured out to get feedback from the community and also to get any technical advice or tutoring that people would be willing to offer. I might very well come up with the solutions myself but it's more likely that I could come to find a better more elegant solution with a little mentorship. I guess what I am looking for then is a mentor or three. :) I'll start a topic here in the help forum with a complete concept of what I have so far so people can offer what they like. :)

Versalia, If you are willing I was wondering if you might be able to help me further on the specific issue I was having before with class switching. You seemed to have a good grasp on the mechanic and I am having some sort of further problem. The details are all in that topic post though.
Ever since moronic stuff, and artistic license and literature were combined, it doesn't matter where you post anything. (LOL)
Pages: 1