MAFIA?

I guess we could have a bit of rule discussion, the last time I played, days lasted until someone had the majority of the votes, this sometimes took multiple real days. It was perhaps slightly too slow.
can we lynch geodude night 1 again that was terrific

(also count me in)
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
...sign me up!
Ok, we're going with:
geodude
rabitZ
Shinan
Little Wing Guy
Idida1
Jericho
YDS
Koff
Yellow Magic

I will assign roles via PM, I will be dealing out the following roles:
Game Makers (guys who want to survive so they can make games)
Artists (keep someone alive at night by drawing a fake)
Scripters (write a script that determines whether someone is mafia)
Planners (Planners can talk to each other at night, i.e. are allowed to exchange game related PMs in the night phase)
Mafia (Guys who want to kill the rival game makers, can talk at night, and can between them choose someone to kill at night, who will die unless an artist protects them)
Role Blockers (Can stop someone else's special from working, e.g. if you pick the artist their attempt to save a life will not do anything)

Each person can be one or two of the above, e.g. you can just be Mafia or you can be a Mafia Role Blocker, you can just be a Game Maker or you can be a Game Maker Scripter.

I won't necessarily give out all of the above specials, I'm not going to reveal the exact list of what roles are featured. Note, there will be two or three mafia.

From now on can only people who are playing post in this topic, as soon as you ahve your PM you can start talking about who you think is mafia and making nominations for a lynching, each person has only one nomination to use, though you can retract it and nominate someone else at any point. As soon as someone hits 5 nominations they will be lynched and the first night will start.

Story:
It's a sad day at RMN, this morning a skilled Game Maker was found hanging from the ceiling, with a note explaining that a Game Making mafia was in town who didn't want any competition and that all other Game Makers who carry on with their projects are in their sights, some people chose to flee, others did not...

Let the nominating commence:
Remember don't post until you have your pm, I have sent all the PMs, so PM me immediately if you haven't received one
geodude is Mafia. Let's off him!
yeah that is funny the first time
To make my job easier and to avoid errors, when you wish to nominate someone please put in bold:

I nominate person

If you wish to withdraw a nomination please put:

I no longer nominate person

I will treat all other comments as being purely discussion.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
Haha I like this flavor. How long do days last again?
Yellow Magic
24 hours YDS what planet you on (until someone gets 5 nominations methinks)
Yellow Magic
This means we are going to have to kill someone today. Uh oh
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
hello everyone!
let's have a fun game :)
YDS
Oh. Oops. I didn't see the "day" part. This is my first forum mafia game that I am not hosting. |:
geodude
rabitZ
Shinan
Little Wing Guy
Idida1
Jericho
YDS
Koff
Yellow Magic

have reported in so far. is it worth lynching anyone today without any leads? we don't want to target a vanilla and lose two people on the first day.
To make clear, the rules I've set require a lynch to end the first day, this does of course help the mafia, but they are outnumbered...
author=Rhuan
To make my job easier and to avoid errors, when you wish to nominate someone please put in bold:

I nominate person

If you wish to withdraw a nomination please put:

I no longer nominate person

I will treat all other comments as being purely discussion.
Can you also nominate no one (abstaining from killing anyone)?

EDIT: Oh. Simulpost.
no abstention? great. ::)
YDS
What time zone are we using?
author=YDS
What time zone are we using?
One last time clarifying the rules, they may not be the best but they're what we're going with now as we've started, this day runs until someone has 5 nominations. Not until a specific time.
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
So, what's the plan for today folks?
I gotta run, but I'll check this topic when I come back home :)
Whether or not idida1 is mafia, he will surely sabotage the plans of the townies if you know what I'm saying (if you don't know what I'm saying I am saying he is surely incompetent) furthermore, he is underage and we can't have cool noir drinking time with him here.

I nominate Idida1.