THE SCREENSHOT TOPIC RETURNS

I find it actually kinda fun >_>
How are you handling passives? I'm thinking on how i'd do it... I actually wanted to use a materia system, but solely because of item synthesis. Since Materia aren't treated as Items, I can't do that >A>' So I'm still struggling about how to convert items in abilities (With the materia system you could potentially convert Bomb Cores into Fira materia, etc, wich would be FUN)
I also tried the Equipment AP system but Seph's awful one requires SDK, Charlie Fleed one is too big and complicated and the brazillian one I found refuses to work >_>
So I'm figuring out a way of how to make weapons interesting / refinement interesting other than mixing Potions into Hi-Potions >_>
Actually
http://rpgmaker.net/users/JosephSeraph/locker/holy_mother_of_stupid_screenshots.png
And yes, RTAB at Wait type 0 - so technically is CTB without turn order display and with charge instead of turn cooldown >_>
author=JosephSeraph
Actually
http://rpgmaker.net/users/JosephSeraph/locker/holy_mother_of_stupid_screenshots.png
And yes, RTAB at Wait type 0 - so technically is CTB without turn order display and with charge instead of turn cooldown >_>

OMG Yuna! With other FF characters! Fighting a dragon!

Hey, wait a second...

Squall, you emo, stop poking Terra with your sword!

Ummmmm.................. Ignore that....
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
I am handling passives via a script by Tsukihime, which allows certain skills to be unavailable in combat and impart certain feature abilities. SLH only allows you to equip 2-3 passives at a time, but you usually have more than that, so it's all about what's best for the situation. Same with active skills, though you have more of those available to you.

Jesus, RMXP's systems are a pain in the ass and twice that. Charlie Fleed's system are a fucking headache and so is anything requiring SDK (who the fuck thought that ws a good idea, really?).

And I have one thing to say about using Materia in RMXP: DON'T. Especially not with RTAB. Support materia not working properly will make you want to jump off a bridge (ALL, WHY MUST YOU ELUDE ME)

WIP Devlog 4 for my game named Breakout Hero. I improved the graphics and sound for this devlog along with adding a combo system to the game. At the end I'm paying around with spawning bricks near the ball =D
Relatively old project to heat-up in spriting because yeah, FFX is my favorite FF. *3*

(the graphics to whomever doesn't want to even stare at likes them.)

Lotus_Games this game is becoming really cute! I just dislike how the Game Over screen kinda POPS UP ON YOUR FACE without a smooth transition, and the sound of the ball bounce on the wall is annoying. Still, I really like it and the psychics seem fun! also WTF THOSE SPAWNING TILES
Love the graphics Seraph! :)

as for me, I wanted to pair up earthbound and LoL
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
so you took one of the best games ever made and reduced it to "lux learned cure!"

gg
author=Craze
so you took one of the best games ever made and reduced it to "lux learned cure!"

gg

...So? He's free to create whatever he feels like creating. Or modify.

To stay on the topic of the screenshot: I like the art and the layout, but the info box clashes with the stylized font for stats.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Not even the decency to use Lux's updated splash art...
Are you ready for some tower defense!?

It's back baby! Notice the grid like structure up top, it's a new unit. As enemies pass through the line, they get hurt. But if you build up too big of a network you may suffer more downtime across all the units. So it's better to construct smaller networks of those types of turrets than larger ones.
@Seraph: I'll change that sound effect than and work on the transition, thanks for the feedback bud =] The end was just me goofing around, trying to shoot up my combo and score metric. P.S. I'm digging that command menu from your screen shot, it looks cool. I'd just add some shadows for the sprites so they feel more grounded and keep working on the HP/MP section of the screen, some refinement and it'd be good to go!
author=Craze

gg

I didn't mean it!! haha she has prismatic barrier and Final spark :<

author=LouisCyphre
Not even the decency to use Lux's updated splash art...

ahaha it's kinda weird to use with this level up result system by Moghunter, besides I didn't make the Renders tho...

you guys..cut me some slack! I was only messing around with VX ace to see if i could pull off some random moves >:[

I'd have all the champs prayin if it was the real game but this is just the battle test. I rushed it so bad hence the OP pray!
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
that looks pretty bad really, and the portraits or whatever are all cut off and it looks pretty terrible. :)
though the HUD doesn't look too bad
author=Adon237
that looks pretty bad really, and the portraits or whatever are all cut off and it looks pretty terrible. :)
though the HUD doesn't look too bad

Yeah, I always thought that battle system was kinda too hectic, If i knew RGSS3 Sure I'd try to go close to a more Earthbound system. This was a joke project either way! The portraits got cut out from a CG, so it's kinda ...yeah not really looking so great with the background... or is your smile a lie? haha

To rm2k3 i go!
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about the full body portrait flying in from the side each turn. It would be better if it came in from the left but only covered like the left quarter of the screen and sort of got cut off by the left side of the screen, so it was fully visible but not dominating the screen and covering the enemies. And then when it disappeared it went back left the way it came from. Also if it didn't oscillate and bounce and gyrate like it does, and just stood still instead. I get why the background does that, but the portraits shouldn't do it.
It's Moghunter. If he could make your ass or boobs jiggle while you play, he would.
Anyways I find this... Amusing.
I'm not a fan of LoL but this is rather entertaining.

Also

I'm so proud of this scene D: D: D: D:
Why is it so monochrome? Art direction?
author=JosephSeraph
It's Moghunter. If he could make your ass or boobs jiggle while you play, he would.
Anyways I find this... Amusing.
I'm not a fan of LoL but this is rather entertaining.

yeah the Hero pictures have the animation of "Breathing" with one of Moghunter's scripts, probably the battle system itself.

Either way, Yikes! seraph, that's a pretty scary scene that you made there. Horror i presume?
@JS: I really love your style, simple and retro. But why are the corpses hanging from the top of the wall? It would make more sense if the chains stopped somewhere a few tiles below with shadows below the corpses to indicate they are hanging from the ceiling.

WIP Devlog 5 for my game named Breakout Hero. I added several new types of bricks for more fun, new sounds to the game, I improved some of the physics, added a new power-up (Shadow Ball) and improved transitions!