CREATION CUSTOM CRAFTS: CRAVING CRITICISM

Pages: first 12345 next last
Creation
An avid lover of Heartache 101
I decided I would create a thread of my own to put my custom tileset creations.

I'd like some feedback about this. Anything at all.

I need the pine tree to match the graphical of this tree (edit by Alterego):

Bottom tree has deeper shading. And the outline of the top tree is darker. But looks pretty cool!
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
Are you looking for advice as to how to make your pine tree match the bottom tree? You need to use a few more colors on each pine 'layer.' See how the bottom tree has 4-5 shades of green? Your top tree does, too, but they're all separate from each other. The bottom edit has them layered on each other very closely for shading.
Creation
Thanks to both of you, you're both right.

I'd like to add more elements to the Dream World but I'm all out of ideas. I have clouds and stars but I don't have any other ideas to add as mapping elements.

I'm talking about this:

Do you have any suggestions/ideas of your own? I'd like to know. I thought maybe tree shaped clouds or something but I'm really out of inspiration.
author=Creation
Do you have any suggestions/ideas of your own? I'd like to know. I thought maybe tree shaped clouds or something but I'm really out of inspiration.

Do you know when people cloud gaze and say "x cloud looks like Y object" or whatever.
Like navigating across a cloud shaped like a rabbit would be cute, I'm not entially sure about trees on top of clouds but it can work if it was fluffy enough.
author=Creation
I thought maybe tree shaped clouds or something but I'm really out of inspiration.

That would be really cool :D

something like this maybe :)
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I would like to point out those clouds are severely different in style than those trees
author=Dudesoft
I would like to point out those clouds are severely different in style than those trees
Hmm I don't really think they are really all that different in style.
Though the finished tree is a lot more detailed than the clouds
Creation
I don't think it should matter that much anyway as the trees will be in a whole different ''world''. Thanks for pointing that out though, dudesoft.
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=Creation
I don't think it should matter that much anyway as the trees will be in a whole different ''world''. Thanks for pointing that out though, dudesoft.

That being said, the graphical style of the second tree would actually look beautiful if grayscaled and tinted blue and used as a cloud design. Well, don't ACTUALLY directly rip it like that, but that would give an approximation of a fluffy, puffy cloud~
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
The problem is the shading, is all. It's just a line of gradient.
A) It looks out of place
B) I think you can do better.
Creation
ah ok, I didn't realize you were talking about Felix's tree.
Oh he was talking about my tree?
It's all made of gradients because I just put it together really quick in Inkscape (which just does vector graphics) so it's a lot quicker to do gradients.
Copy the shading technique from the round tree and apply it to the pine tree. Also, I would differentiate the color on the Pine to be closer to a blue color.
author=prexus
Also, I would differentiate the color on the Pine to be closer to a blue color.
Ah yes, pines are generally more on the blue side than other trees.
Creation
Ah crap, I wish I had known that before coloring everything >__<'.

Alright, I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Really struggling with that cloud tree however 0__o'.
author=Creation
Ah crap, I wish I had known that before coloring everything >__<'.
If you're making the pine tree in Photoshop or GIMP then it is a simple tweak of a slider away from being a bit bluer, and you can select the leaves so it doesn't change the trunk

author=Creation
Really struggling with that cloud tree however 0__o'.
What are you trying to make it look like (Versalia's idea, mine, or something else)
Ketsumio
I guess he's an Xbox and I'm more Atari

When I thought of a cloud tree this is what came to mind. The trunk is a star and the leaves are the cloud. Goes with you Zelda tree style as well. My colors were not thought through.... Hope it gives you some ideas...

EDIT:

Here is another idea for the landscape... Perhaps some star flowers?

Creation
I really like the flower and I'll probably copy the idea.

I think the cloudy part of the tree is a good idea but I'm undecided about the star trunk. I think I'd rather have the whole thing made out of clouds.

Thanks for the samples though, I really appreciate it.
The second tree reminds me of Zelda, link to the past, but of course, with much better graphics.

They look great!
Pages: first 12345 next last