PLATFORMER MAKER XP

Pages: 1
How can you make platformers? There's a guy who did with a Metroid game. It's interesting.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Who was it?
His Metroid game wasn't as good as you might think. Very, very incomplete.

It's possible with scripting, but so far there hasn't been a single platform script worth using. There are quite a few out there, but none of them are incredibly usable or complete.

I'm sort-of working on one with someone but that won't be getting finished any time soon.
If you want to make a platformer but you don't want to learn coding then you might wanna try TGF (The Games Factory) or MMF (Multimedia Fusion). They're pretty much designed so that making a platformer is a piece of piss.

If you wanna delve a bit deeper then you could look into learning Game Maker.
author=Despain link=topic=83.msg1209#msg1209 date=1183005242

I think it's more than that. The blaster doesn't work. I fire a shot at an enemy and nothing happens. I am somewhat searching for a way to solve it. The fact that it's a platformer is facinating, but that's more or less the only thing I seem to like about it.
author=WIP link=topic=83.msg1208#msg1208 date=1183004816
Who was it?

Sorry, but I have forgotten his name.
author=Despain link=topic=83.msg1209#msg1209 date=1183005242

It's possible with scripting, but so far there hasn't been a single platform script worth using. There are quite a few out there, but none of them are incredibly usable or complete.

I'm sort-of working on one with someone but that won't be getting finished any time soon.
Actually, I'm asking for how to make platform games from RPG maker.
...That's kind of what he was talking about, LeaderofImperfects.
Who was it?

Oh, yeah! I remember! He calls himself Behemoth.
Who was it?
lol
Pages: 1