HIDDEN STASH OF MONEY ON GAME

Pages: 1
Hmm, I kinda wonder if anyone knows how to make it where you go to a certin spot of a room and get a stash of 100 gold ONCE. >> Can someone help me with that? o.o *Btw thanks for helpin me with the chipset problem ^^ XD I know how to make a doll move its funny* Anyways >> Can someone help me with that? :3 The sooner the sooner a demo will be out of my game. <3

OH! I almost forgot ;o How can u get a AVI to work on the 2003? o.o They can u can upload one but how the heck to u use it without a error messge goin up?
For your first question, you make it like you make a treasure chest. Have an object or whatever you want to find the stash have an event which shows the message that the player found the gold and adds it to the player's inventory.

Then, at the end of the first page of that event, turn a switch on using the command "Switch Operations." Hit the button that says "New Page" then on the left side, click the checkbox that says "Switch" (the first one is usually best). Then, find the switch you just turned on on the previous page and make that the precondition for the second page. But don't put anything in the actual event on that second page. That way, nothing happens when the player does something after that switch is on.

As for your second question... I really wouldn't know as I haven't used .avis in RM2k3 before.
author=trance2 link=topic=840.msg11154#msg11154 date=1206733649
For your first question, you make it like you make a treasure chest. Have an object or whatever you want to find the stash have an event which shows the message that the player found the gold and adds it to the player's inventory.

Then, at the end of the first page of that event, turn a switch on using the command "Switch Operations." Hit the button that says "New Page" then on the left side, click the checkbox that says "Switch" (the first one is usually best). Then, find the switch you just turned on on the previous page and make that the precondition for the second page. But don't put anything in the actual event on that second page. That way, nothing happens when the player does something after that switch is on.

As for your second question... I really wouldn't know as I haven't used .avis in RM2k3 before.
:3 Thanks for the first question XD Kinda figured that but didnt know, and for the second one. :P They say u can use AVI movies but I dont know HOW long the video can be XD.

o.o One last thing...How do you get music to work on 2003? >> It wont play music for me.. ><
Do you mean that the music isn't working at all or the sound isn't working? If it's the sound then Just try restarting your computer or look in your sound settings and see what you can find. If it's for the music then i am not so sure, i haven't had that happen to me before.
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
Maybe it's just my crappy computer but check your Windows Media Player. If the volume on that is low, off, or muted, then that's why. Don't know why, but music on my computer, no matter if it is for 2k or 2k3, is influence by what volume the media player is. If it's not the media player, then demonD most likely has the solution posted above mine.

Also, you can also used AVI's, I just imported one and it worked just fine. The avi movie was at least 25-28 minutes long.
Same thing as trance, but the one thing I would do before everything is create a move-event command that makes the current event face right, up, then left, imitating how a treasure chest gets opened. But that's just me.
author=ZoeyHansonKitty link=topic=840.msg11191#msg11191 date=1206824230
Got it to work <3 Thank you demon Lufy XD

demon luffy, i like it. ;D

Anyway, glad i could be of some help.
Pages: 1