HIDING POST HISTORY?

Pages: 1
i've been wondering if there's a way we could hide our post records so that the entire world can't see? i have a feeling someone's going through my history that i don't really feel comfortable with so it would be a nice implementation (dunno if that's a word) if possible.
This is a really bad idea. If you post something in a public forum it's only a good thing that it's easily accessible.

If you write things you don't want people to read... Well... Don't write them in a public forum.
but i've already made the mistake of posting personal stuff online without thinking and i can't go back and edit things because of locked topics. should it not be the user's choice of how private they want their settings to be..?
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
I totally agree with you boobledeeboo.
Just because it's a public forum shouldn't mean we don't have a choice of what is visible or not.

Privacy is a really nice thing, and I don't see why it would be such a bad thing to want it, especially on the internet.
I think it was tardis that said something along the lines of "stick by what you say, no matter what on the web" and I agree with that too, but if you feel uncomfortable about private/personal information or something, why not just give the person an option at a second chance?

Not sure how simple of a function it would be to implement, but a "Hide Posts" or something isn't a bad idea at all.
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
This seems like something mods should handle on a case by case basis instead of changing forum settings.
Well I guess on not-so-serious level... If you're a member of a community for a number of years, there are bound to be things in your early posts that you no longer agree with or identify with or are just no longer relevant as you generally change over time.
ummm just so i don't confuse anyone, i don't mean i want to hide an entire post, i'm just wondering if there's a chance the mods would want to implement a hide post record (on the userpage)? because my posts would still be public, it just means people wouldn't be able to scroll entirely through my posts and keep on tabs with everything i type out, because it's making me a bit uneasy knowing that someone is doing that.

if it's too troublesome then it's okay, but i would find it really, really useful.
That's why we have lockers. You can use it to show personal stuff and delete it even if the topic is closed you posted it on.
There is even an option to hide stuff in your locker. Very nice thing.
author=boobledeeboo
ummm just so i don't confuse anyone, i don't mean i want to hide an entire post, i'm just wondering if there's a chance the mods would want to implement a hide post record (on the userpage)? because my posts would still be public, it just means people wouldn't be able to scroll entirely through my posts and keep on tabs with everything i type out, because it's making me a bit uneasy knowing that someone is doing that.

if it's too troublesome then it's okay, but i would find it really, really useful.
But what makes you think that anybody is doing that?
tbh with you i don't really feel like i should be obliged to answer that but it'll probably make me look like a paranoid weirdo if i don't, won't it.
i think it's possible because i typed in b on someone's computer at the top bar to get to a webpage, and 'boobledeeboo's posts' came up as two of the top clicked links, it just makes it more awkward that i don't know them very well. i'm certain they don't mean harm by it and they're probably just curious, but still.

i like to think that it's beside the point, though. it's not even that i'm bothered about the contents of my posts just the fact that anyone can so easily access every single one.
i thought that other people might like the choice too but just forget it if it's so unpopular.

i wouldn't mind hearing thoughts from a mod, though...
That is... odd.

Also, I'm never against choice, it's just it was sounding like you were getting paranoid over nothing.
You know...it is possible it's the hetalia fans. The Long Goodbye has your name in it afterall and they were probably looking over some artwork from you that you haven't shown other than here or somewhere?

Or it could be a real stalker. Hard to say :(
hmm it was someone i know IRL though...i can't see them being a fan of Hetalia to be honest haha or they would have straight up told me?

it's kind of more like...i'm not really bothered about why they're looking through my posts, i mean i fb stalk people all the time hahah, i would just like the choice to be able to make them a bit less accessible.
Well, if they are stalking you on here, now that you've made this topic and they've shat a brick you probably don't have to worry about this specific case much anymore...! But yeah, I get that's not really the issue here.

In general, I'm actually in favour of the option to turn them off too. I would be a lot less reluctant to link RL friends my games/certain topics if it didn't mean they could then find every dumb post I'd made in the last x years! Having the choice would be nice.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
guh i made the same mistake by using the same username and email address for everything. if you type "migratoryeagle" you will get my entire life listed on google search. which is why i don't use a real photo for my facebook anymore. S:

so id appreciate the option, too.
Pages: 1