DO YOU WANT TO TALK TO YOUR COMPUTERS? (AND CONSOLES)

Pages: first prev 12 last
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
I want to make it dinner under the moonlight, and make sweet sweet potato gems, without sexual innuendo.

I hope it doesn't troll. Oh wait, Cleverbot, my mistake.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
Hell no, eventually my computer would call me a dickwad and I'd have to toss it out of a window.
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
I can only imagine what would happen if you had more than one computer that used this right next to each other. ( Like a lan party. )

Or what would happen if you had a speaker system and were using skype. :j

And yeah, I wouldn't use it. It's weird enough talking to other people via computer.
Okay, Cleverbot is an AI, one that's made to act clever. As in, "Clever" that word you use to demean others, while covering all your bases. :P

I'd talk commands at a computer, not to it. A great idea of this is to have smart houses wherein you'll ask the computer: "computer, turn on TV", or "computer: Make hot coffee".

Anyone here watch Eureka? Carter lives in a smart house (but it does have an AI which real smart houses would not have). In fact I like Mass Effects definition of "virtual intelligence". That's the ideal computer talking system; not video games or daily tasks like typing. Some of you have missed the point by focusing too much on peripheral replacements (controllers, keyboards, etc.) or beliving the computer would be cognitively aware rather than augmentations to daily tasks.
Pages: first prev 12 last