FREE RPGMAKER 2003 STUFF

Pages: first prev 123 next last
Ohhh you're the one who made that awesome REFMAP palette :> I use it all the time. Thanks :>
author=mellytan
High quality stuff, kudos for your contribution to the community. Hope to see these resources in a high-quality game.
author=pyrodoom
what happens if we DON'T mention you made this stuuff?

then you go to hell
no, really

Haha, yes. Really. :)
Thanks and no problem, I have more stuff coming.

author=Miracle
Ohhh you're the one who made that awesome REFMAP palette :> I use it all the time. Thanks :>

No problem. And yeah, that specific palette was already setup when you opened a REFMAP graphic file, but it wasn't converted to an actual image where people can easily just select the colors from there. So in cases where the palette is pre-made, all I had to do was just paint the square grid I had made with the colors from the palette. Every other palette, like the Seiken Densetsu 3 or the Live a life palette, I had to extract each single color from the sprites and then perform this later process.

To everyone: I see that some games are now starting to use some of my stuff, nice to know. If anyone would like to see something made, let me know, I might make it for public use. Of course, after I'm done working on all the poses for the existing characters... some are already made like I said, but I haven't had the time to convert them to the 24x32 Rm2k3 square grid.
i was wondering antifarea are u gonna be working on any weapon images?
in the template area you forgot a few things, what if the developer wanted some,"bigger",sprites, cause you know I will...unless you want me to use some really wierd looking shit I made myself that will make my game even worse than firewoman?Do you want that?
Ark
Wario's-a number one!
author=pyrodoom
in the template area you forgot a few things, what if the developer wanted some,"bigger",sprites, cause you know I will...unless you want me to use some really wierd looking shit I made myself that will make my game even worse than firewoman?Do you want that?

That's your problem man, not his. If you plan on using his stuff as a template, you'd best spend some time learning how to edit sprites in order to make them work with what you need.
author=blast

Yes, there will be weapons for the action RPG animations I'm making for these characters. There will also be a collection of weapons for the battle charasets that I will design after all of the Action animations for the map characters are done.

I moved to a new place around here so I don't have internet at home yet (working on that as we speak) and there will be updates soon that I have done at home (attack animations on WIP).

author=Ark
author=pyrodoom
That's your problem man, not his. If you plan on using his stuff as a template, you'd best spend some time learning how to edit sprites in order to make them work with what you need.

Hahaha. Thanks Ark.

Jokes aside...here's my reply to you, pyrodoom= Good thing that you mention the whole size of the map charasets... there will be more templates to be released in the future, these templates will be fully animated (8 direction walking= traditional + isometric / action rpg poses such as attack, defend, etc) and one of these templates will be for use in Rpgmaker 2k3. The other two templates I have WIP at home, one will be for RMXP and another one for RMVX.

The 2nd (bigger) template for RM2k3 will be the template that I designed for Soldier's Quest next upcoming demo, here are some old images of the style:

(License will be changed to CC-BY-SA 3.0 when the whole pack is released along with the template btw)

And you can see a down-direction animation in my avatar. That image is zoomed to 2x btw, the size will be under 24x32. Here is another template (for RMVX) I was designing (I will resize it smaller so it fits well with the VX tiles, so this one won't be it's current size)

I really wish you could see the RMXP template I have, is by far my coolest RPG character design I have come up with. When I get internet established I will be sharing it right away. Let me know your thoughts (and everyone else's who reads this and or are interested in my public works) so far on what I have shared.

Well guys, as you all know my responses might be delayed, until I get my net back... I'm busy as hell at home studying art / game design books and doing a bunch of pixel art, I'm about to turn 3 years this upcoming january and I need to be able to improve as much as I can in all sense of the word. I'm really excited. I'm cooking some great stuff that you will all see when the time is right. Until then!
I meant fatter...but maybe Ark's right, they're called templates, not use these because they aren't originally yours-ates.I should learn, I'm good at recolors, I should be good at this!
I really like those character sets for rm2k3 you just posted! Very nice style. Gorgeous work. Thank you for sharing with the community.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=antifarea
author=blast
Yes, there will be weapons for the action RPG animations I'm making for these characters. There will also be a collection of weapons for the battle charasets that I will design after all of the Action animations for the map characters are done.

I moved to a new place around here so I don't have internet at home yet (working on that as we speak) and there will be updates soon that I have done at home (attack animations on WIP).

author=Ark
author=pyrodoom

Hahaha. Thanks Ark.

Jokes aside...here's my reply to you, pyrodoom= Good thing that you mention the whole size of the map charasets... there will be more templates to be released in the future, these templates will be fully animated (8 direction walking= traditional + isometric / action rpg poses such as attack, defend, etc) and one of these templates will be for use in Rpgmaker 2k3. The other two templates I have WIP at home, one will be for RMXP and another one for RMVX.

The 2nd (bigger) template for RM2k3 will be the template that I designed for Soldier's Quest next upcoming demo, here are some old images of the style:

(License will be changed to CC-BY-SA 3.0 when the whole pack is released along with the template btw)

And you can see a down-direction animation in my avatar. That image is zoomed to 2x btw, the size will be under 24x32. Here is another template (for RMVX) I was designing (I will resize it smaller so it fits well with the VX tiles, so this one won't be it's current size)

I really wish you could see the RMXP template I have, is by far my coolest RPG character design I have come up with. When I get internet established I will be sharing it right away. Let me know your thoughts (and everyone else's who reads this and or are interested in my public works) so far on what I have shared.

Well guys, as you all know my responses might be delayed, until I get my net back... I'm busy as hell at home studying art / game design books and doing a bunch of pixel art, I'm about to turn 3 years this upcoming january and I need to be able to improve as much as I can in all sense of the word. I'm really excited. I'm cooking some great stuff that you will all see when the time is right. Until then!

Antifarea is the man now, dawg.
author=pyrodoom
not use these because they aren't originally yours-ates.

Not sure what you meant by that statement man. In any case, I want to take the chance to share one of my archaic YT videos as proof that all works I have made since I started making pixel art (jan.2009) is done from scratch:

Sieg Warheit Sprite process

I might make a tutorial on how to edit the stuff I give out to the public since I've seen some people attempt that before in OGA and other sites.

author=Demicrusaius
I really like those character sets for rm2k3 you just posted! Very nice style. Gorgeous work. Thank you for sharing with the community.

Thank you.

author=Max McGee
Antifarea is the man now, dawg.

Nice. I like praise. It motivates me just as much as money does. :)

I want to say that I worked some more on that template from the last image, tweaked it some more so it looks cooler. Now I just have to find some time to complete it after I get a pile of the other stuff taken care of in here.
Updated the face template, and all the faces... also included the map / dungeon guide chipset.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
This belongs in game dev. Good topic, but it should be in the right area.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Um..."Charles Gabriel"? What the figs?
author=Dudesoft
This belongs in game dev. Good topic, but it should be in the right area.
Lol does it? it has 2000+ views and no one said anything. :o

author=Max McGee
Um..."Charles Gabriel"? What the figs?
Yeah lol, it's my name. :)

By the way, I finished moving out all the graphics to the CGArtsenal account, for those of you who viewed this post while the notice was posted earlier this morning. And I added 5 more systems / system2s that were done a while back but were never posted in here.

There are attack / magic cast animations for all the characters, but I have to convert them into the 24x32 RM charaset size range and make each character have his/her own sheet... they have been done for a while now, lol just being a bit lazy into spending the time on them... I'll attempt this sometime tomorrow.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
That's because none of the mods bother with Art. But it's game maker resources, and the first three forum areas are specifically labelled as "Game Dev" whereas this is "Community". It's like posting my rpgmaker game in the Videogame area.
It's here now, so whatever. Just food for thought: It might get more appreciation and be more of use to users in those areas.
author=Dudesoft
That's because none of the mods bother with Art. But it's game maker resources, and the first three forum areas are specifically labelled as "Game Dev" whereas this is "Community". It's like posting my rpgmaker game in the Videogame area.
It's here now, so whatever. Just food for thought: It might get more appreciation and be more of use to users in those areas.

Doesn't seem like it's worth the bother. Anyway, nice graphics.
I agree with Dudesoft. This wasn't posted here just to fish for cheap compliments, or was it? ;D It was with the intention to provide other developers with material to work with, including instructions on how to give credit and stuff. So yeah, I think its 'GameDev' side supersedes its 'Creative' side, and probably should be moved to the 'GameDev' or the 'Help' forums instead.

Dudes, try using the 'report' button, in case the mods aren't reading this.
author=alterego
Dudes, try using the 'report' button, in case the mods aren't reading this.

Yeah, dudes here gotta be cool and do the clicking of the "REPORT" button since I don't have it available, being the creator of the topic.

author=Arandomgamemaker
These...ARE BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks.

I am arranging the Attack + Magic Cast poses that has been done to be compatible with the rm2k3 24x32 size range... it'll take a little while (50 characters to arrange). Templates are updated so far. You can go ahead and download it if you like.
Pages: first prev 123 next last