BEST GAMES FOR PS2?

Pages: first prev 123 last
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=tanakayuuji
author=Dudesoft
author=kitten2021
Xenosaga collection < Best. Game.INTERACTIVE MOVIE Series. Ever.
In that regard I think it loses to MGS. ;D
HOW? mgs4 maybe, we're talking ps2, buds.

Other stellar PS2 game series' are Onimusha, Mark of Kri RUFOO! TAHUUU! RRRAAAAAAUUUUFFFUUUU
Ratchet and Clank, Jak n Daxter, Way of the Samurai, 007: Everything or Nothing was amazing...
FreQuency and Amplitude; mother and father of Rock Band...
Silent Hill 2, 3, and 4...
Baldur's Gate... Twisted Metal Black
Burnout series, GTA3 series, Manhunt, Okami, Parappa the Rapper 2, Rez, Tomb Raider remakes, frigging KATAMARI DAMACY series!
That's just without thinking. There were so many games on PS2 that made it awesome, please note I do not include Xenosaga. It was like spitting in the eye of Xenogears fans.
author=Dudesoft
author=tanakayuuji
author=Dudesoft
author=kitten2021
Xenosaga collection < Best. Game.INTERACTIVE MOVIE Series. Ever.
In that regard I think it loses to MGS. ;D
HOW? mgs4 maybe, we're talking ps2, buds.

AHN I forgot katamari! >.< Best drug trip of my life. But yeah, MGS2 was basically a movie, a movie that scarred me for life of course (T^T Raiden >.>) but a movie nonetheless.
Dudesoft
Mgs2 was all gameplay... Xenosaga was run down a hall, fight a boss then grab some popcorn and sit back.
Basically what mgs2 was. mgs was all gameplay, as was mg & mg2, but mags2 & later are all cutscenes. Which is probably why I'm excited for mgs3D, first portable 3D movie evaar.
kitten2021
Returning from RMVX Death
author=tanakayuuji
Basically what mgs2 was. mgs was all gameplay, as was mg & mg2, but mags2 & later are all cutscenes. Which is probably why I'm excited for mgs3D, first portable 3D movie evaar.

Their making it in 3D now!? Since WHEN?? Coming out on the Nintendo 3DS thing or something else?
author=kitten2021
author=tanakayuuji
Their making it in 3D now!? Since WHEN?? Coming out on the Nintendo 3DS thing or something else?

Yeah, since well, who knows? But yeah, it's on the 3DS.
Dudesoft
I still cannot understand how they'll make mgs 3 a ds game... The gameplay must suck, or it will be all movie; unlike the actual MGS3 which did have cutscenes but was 90% gameplay. Thanksomuch
Personally, I reccomend anything made by GUST Corporation. That would include games like Atelier Iris, Mana Khemia, and Ar Tonelico. They're RPGs with 2D characters on 3D maps. And they all have some system or another where you can create your own items from ingredients you gather up. That by itself can be hours of fun when you get a bunch of new recipes and ingredients.

The characters, the plotlines, the music, and the art are all pretty much amazing, IMO. And as far as Ar Tonelico and Mana Khemia go, you get the ability to develop relationships with other characters by playing different side missions to get to know them.

In fact, Ar Tonelico encourages it quite a bit. You meet a few Reyvateil throughout the two games in the series. Women who cast spells through the power of song. The more often you 'dive' into their minds and reveal the parts of them that they keep hidden away, the more they trust you and the more powerful their magic becomes. I'm probably making it sound way more complicated than it is, but it's a lot of fun.
author=Dudesoft
I still cannot understand how they'll make mgs 3 a ds game... The gameplay must suck, or it will be all movie; unlike the actual MGS3 which did have cutscenes but was 90% gameplay. Thanksomuch

lol mgs3 had a lot of interruptible cutscenes in the first half i findd. like you'll be running back and forth to get sokolov or some shit with 10 cutscenes taking place in the old abandoned redbrick house. Other than that it was more of a game than the other MGSes in terms of how intense the game mechanics were. Ah now i really want to play through that game on e extreme... even if its just to watch ocelot spin his six shooters for 10 minutes before his boss fight...
Pages: first prev 123 last