FUNNY/ODD THINGS SAID WHILST PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.

Pages: 1
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
I'm sure we've all done this or know someone who has: gotten mad during a video gaming session and blurted out something that changed the mood instantly. This could be a time you fell off screen on a platformer and brought yourself one step closer to a game over, or while fighting an infuriating boss in an RPG, obtaining victory, and in an angry, adrenaline-fueled relief vulgar-thrusted towards the television set, realizing only after doing so that you're grandmother was behind you watching.

So this raises the question: what have you or one of your acquaintances done in the past that you remember vividly enough to recall for the sake of discussion? And please refrain from making something up just to post. I'll start...

A couple of weeks ago I was playing Megaman 3 early in the morning (around 2 A.M). I had decided to attempt to clear Shadow Man's stage, which was all well and good seeing as how I never had any problem with it before. I had just cleared the battle with Protoman and was making my way down the next hall. Upon passing the room with the Peterchys, Walking Bombs, and the Holograms, I worked my way to the next room where I came face to face with the little jumping robotic rabbit lawnmower bastards (who the hell even knows what they are?) also known as the Mecha Kero. Regularly they're small fry, but this night I had extremely sour luck with them. They would hit me and I'd try to run away. I'd get hit again and attempt to run back. After getting hit a fair number of times, anger built up inside me and I finally yelled out "QUIT JUMPING IN MY ASS!!"

I paused the game and sat back for a minute to think over what I had just said. Slowly my anger dispersed and was exchanged for an awkward inner laugh. Had it not been for the time it took place at, I probably wouldn't have responded as I did, seeing as how just about everything that happens after 2 A.M seems a little funnier than it really is.

Granted, this wasn't the "funniest damn thing to ever happen to me" but the only one I could clearly remember at this time. Seeing as how everyone will have better stories than me, please share your moments below.
I beat Final Fantasy X-2 for the first time. I promptly stood up and started dancing around the room. My dad walked in my room while my back was turned and when I turned back around (still dancing, mind you) I saw him trying to hold in laughter. What makes this really funny is the fact that every time my mom and dad beat their high score on Tropico, they do this funny victory dance around the house and I mock them mercilessly for it. I no longer can do so without my dad bringing this up even though it happened two years ago.
It was the end of the third Professor Layton game, and the story wasn't going in the direction I thought it should be and instead was going somewhere really stupid-sounding. Then the story suddenly clicked around and started being good again.

And this point I may have jumped up and shouted out "YES!!!" and then tapped at my DS eagerly reading the dialogue, and there may even have been some running around involved, but I was the only one home so you can't prove it-

author=Irili
I beat Final Fantasy X-2 for the first time.
Tbh if I'd ever bothered to beat FFX-2 I'd probably just sit there wondering what's happened with my life.
Tbh if I'd ever bothered to beat FFX-2 I'd probably just sit there wondering what's happened with my life.

Everybody's gotta be a hater. I liked FF X-2. Oh, and I also liked FF XII as well. :P
In all honesty, everybody's got their opinions. Personally, I thought the one Professor Layton game I played was a complete waste of my time. The story just didn't do it for me. ;)
i had a good killstreak going in Halo: Reach and absentmindedly started rapping "What That Mouth Do" by Lil B into the mic

everyone i was playing with was either cracking up or saying "what the fuck is this" and i didn't even realize how absurd i must have sounded until i had finished the entire thing

for reference, this is What That Mouth Do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT6hXDbIX8M

i think the worst part is that i can't even claim to listen to Lil B ironically anymore, honestly

edit:
wait, no, it's that i actually remembered the entire thing.
The most common things I find myself saying in a video game induced rage are something along the lines of "I hate this game!" or "I hate everything!" Or something like "I want to kill everything!"
author=cho
i had a good killstreak going in Halo: Reach and absentmindedly started rapping "What That Mouth Do" by Lil B into the mic

everyone i was playing with was either cracking up or saying "what the fuck is this" and i didn't even realize how absurd i must have sounded until i had finished the entire thing

for reference, this is What That Mouth Do:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT6hXDbIX8M

i think the worst part is that i can't even claim to listen to Lil B ironically anymore, honestly

edit:
wait, no, it's that i actually remembered the entire thing.

You sir, have truly made my day.
Wild Arms: STOP SILENCING THE SICK AND DISEASED!!!!!!!!!!!
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
I was playing Halo online a bit back ago. I was in the zone killing people. Then out on no where I get killed with the Hammer. The guy was a Ninja, and I just broke out yelling stupid shit like '#$@K you Batman!" and "Bill Cosby can believe it's not Butter!" every-time I started to kill others after that kill.
Pages: 1