VIRTUAL WORLD: LOVE, ROBOTS AND VIDEOGAMES.

Pages: 1
Do you guys think its O.K to have a relationship with someone via simulation e.g online dating sites where you only interact through a 3d interface sometimes with a virtual robot?

If the entire world was to go virtual would you prefer living life online with the freedom to be anything you want or do you think this is wrong/fake e.t.c.

Robots today are getting more and more intelligent and human like, In Japan their already developing a robot girl which can be/act as someones self programmed love interest with human/emotional characteristics and development It's also possible these days to have an artificial orgasm but with alot of uncomfortable wiring down your spine recently, in the future this would probably be wireless/less troublesome to hook up.

I also watched a documentary about robots which like babies can develop, learn and "grow" basically you could raise a robot as a child into your dream son/daughter or into a cyborg-killing maniac ( (^0^) mwahaha! ) your choice.

Would you rather live a virtual perfect life with a robot/virtual girlfriend/boyfriend/family/friends e.t.c; a robot child and a perfect virtual/cyborg body.
Or are you satisfied with life today and all its imperfections and say to hell with the virtual world.

Please share your opinions, you can bring in anything about the "Virtual World" I might have left out.
How about if you where an unattractive person and had absolutely no one who cared for you or something, it might help reduce emotional distress from depressed people e.g teenage suicide rates, losers turning into serial killers out of social frustration e.t.c. If someone can love a virtual dog is it so wrong?
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Emanzi
How about if you where an unattractive person and had absolutely no one who cared for you or something, it might help reduce emotional distress from depressed people e.g teenage suicide rates, losers turning into serial killers out of social frustration e.t.c. If someone can love a virtual dog is it so wrong?
nah I don't think I'm going to kill myself or others anytime soon

8U

I'm quite against the idea of a "virtual" relationship thanks to this scene from Demolition Man:

Awwwwwwwwwwkwaaaaaaaaaard.
author=Emanzi
Would you rather live a virtual perfect life

fuck perfection
It would have to be full on Dream world virtually. the whole glove and headset is kind of sad.

same with VR games i want to go sleep in a pill shaped capsule in actually wake in Hyrule or some crazy shit like that.
maybe hyrule is the afterlife........ videogame after all

semper games
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Maybe, but remember not to make up a girlfriend like Peter Coffin did. If you overheard that around the internet.
Make your peace with reality, my friends.

It's certainly not going anywhere.
@Emanzi
I think you made most of that stuff up. Also I don't think the entire world would ever go virtual. I think the world could end up like that movie Surrogates, but that's still not to realistic. As for your first question, I think it's fine to have a relationship with someone via simulation/internet. I think it works best if your okay with each other being able to have sexual relations with other people. This way sex won't be involved in the relationship. Though most people believe having sexual relations with other people when your in a relationship is considered cheating, but I don't see how. I could go on about this, but I think I'll stop here, so I don't change the subject.

tl;dr Yes, I agree with your first question.
Pages: 1