WHY MEEEEEEEEEE?

Pages: first 12 next last
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
So I finally did something that I can intend to do for years without actually accomplishing: I downloaded a promising looking RPG Maker game with no reviews, played it in its entirety, made extensive mental notes, took screenshots for a review, logged on to RMN to write a review for the game...

Only to find the game page had vanished in the two weeks it took me to play through the game and prepare a review. Of all the horrible, rotten luck! This is where it should be and isn't: http://rpgmaker.net/games/2688/

What gives! The game was called Omega Cerberus and was translated by Creation, and made by some French dude (Sili Valt?). First off, why on earth was it taken down? I can think of no reason why it would have been, so I'm thinking there may have been some kind of mistake?

And secondly, is it alright if I post my review on the site anyway, and if so, what is the correct location/venue for that?
Creation left RMN, so I guess he removed all of his games including the games he was only translating? Don't think the original authors actually hosted the games here.
Max McGee
God. Damnit. I wish that the game had been taken down either before I'd downloaded it or after I'd got done reviewing it. It's not like I want to go to Oneiromancie and post a review there for them not to be able to understand.

Why did Creation leave? He seemed like a pretty cool guy.

EDIT:
Okay, creation left in April....I downloaded this game in June, and it was taken down in June, so that doesn't really add up. Also, Creation said...

I'll delete my project from the database right after this message. I will keep the account open however if only to host the games I've translated. Those games should stay (as I don't actually own them per se).
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
they actually understand english pretty damn well over at oniromancie. you ought to post it there!
Max McGee
I still want to know why the game was removed and why it was removed in June.
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
Maybe the person who made it, got pissed. So they took it down as he wanted it down.
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
Creation was a cool guy, it sucks shit happened. :\
I can think of no other reason other than him leaving as to why it was removed.

It was a beastly looking game, maybe you could post the review somewhere here(and there maybe!) and link the game from oniromancie in the review?

I would love to read it...
the title of the game is Deleted and the description is Deleted.

I am guessing he took it down for whatever reason. (Maybe the original author didn't want it hosted here anymore?)
Max McGee
We don't have a record of this, of who took the game down and when?
Magi
Resident Terrapin
Creation got a bit prissy and left, so I'm 100% sure he removed the game. A staff member wouldn't edit the title and description to say deleted, we don't need to. According to the last update, he deleted it probably around Mar. 07 2011.
author=Max McGee
We don't have a record of this, of who took the game down and when?

No, why would we? This isn't a banking site.

However, it is reasonable to assume that it was either Creation or someone on the staff who has the rights to deny games on Creation's behalf.
Max McGee
author=Magi
Creation got a bit prissy and left, so I'm 100% sure he removed the game. A staff member wouldn't edit the title and description to say deleted, we don't need to. According to the last update, he deleted it probably around Mar. 07 2011.

Magi: I checked my downloads folder and apparently I downloaded the game on June 14th of this year.

@Ankylo:
I know you're not a banking site (lol, bank of rmn) but I thought you guys might be slightly concerned that a game deleted on March 7th takes until after June 14th to actually disappear.

Anyway my review is up here...will mirror it later on Oneiromancie...maybe...depending on laziness level.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
He didn't take down The Heirs of Techcatl, which is another game he translated to post here. Perhaps there was some other reason it was deleted.
if you're not a banking site, where did my $50 go ??
author=Max McGee
author=Magi
Magi: I checked my downloads folder and apparently I downloaded the game on June 14th of this year.

@Ankylo:
I know you're not a banking site (lol, bank of rmn) but I thought you guys might be slightly concerned that a game deleted on March 7th takes until after June 14th to actually disappear.

Anyway my review is up here...will mirror it later on Oneiromancie...maybe...depending on laziness level.

Deleting a game does not update the Latest Update timestamp.

Also:
Creation Last Login Date 2011-06-15 19:40:48

Also, I used the $50 to pay my bookie.
i probably approve
Magi
Resident Terrapin
author=kentona
Deleting a game does not update the Latest Update timestamp.

That it doesn't, but he updated his game name and description to <DELETED>. It's reasonable to assume that he would delete his game around the same time, but Legion is saying he downloaded it recently??? idk It really doesn't matter.

Just post the review elsewhere like somebody said
This actually happens to me on many sites where I see something awesome, time passes, and then I want to show a friend and the author rage deletes the thing.

There needs to be this giant vault of games made by hobbyists somewhere on the internet that can even resist legal orders for deletion of any one thing.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
author=WolfCoder
There needs to be this giant vault of games made by hobbyists somewhere on the internet that can even resist legal orders for deletion of any one thing.

Going out of your way to go against the will of a game's creator for your own needs is kind of a hard pill to swallow. Then again, who hasn't thought of un-moleboxing a game to see all the juicy coding that went into it?
Thiamor
I assure you I'm no where NEAR as STUPID as one might think.
author=Corfaisus
author=WolfCoder
Going out of your way to go against the will of a game's creator for your own needs is kind of a hard pill to swallow. Then again, who hasn't thought of un-moleboxing a game to see all the juicy coding that went into it?

They could do it on here, as they have the right because you're UPLOADING it on their site. Just add it to a place that they will read, about how that happens and they are good to go.
Pages: first 12 next last