THE FEATURED GAME THREAD

Dyluck
For thousands of years, I laid dormant. Who has disturbed my slumber?
So, I hear that this is a good game, and (Highly Rated).
author=Dyluck

It goes without saying that a lot of people would love their game featured, sometimes I think you just have to let your game speak for itself. Have confidence that your time will come - if it deserves it, then it will happen.

Who knows? Maybe someone has already recommended it privately?
Dyluck
Yeah, but sometimes in life, you need to have the confidence to speak up a little, instead of waiting around, if you want to be noticed =)

And also because there's been no new suggestions to the "list" in months
author=Little Wing Guy
author=Dyluck
It goes without saying that a lot of people would love their game featured, sometimes I think you just have to let your game speak for itself. Have confidence that your time will come - if it deserves it, then it will happen.

Who knows? Maybe someone has already recommended it privately?

I get maybe 1-2 PMs a year recommending games for features.
Hey Dyluck. Slip me a $20 bill and maybe... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OldPat
OrudoPatto, kisama!
sometimes I think you just have to let your game speak for itself.

Eh, I dunno, Guy.
That's not exactly how it works, not always at least, alas.

That's why people invented a very nice but perhaps "invasive" thing called "marketing".

It doesn't matter how good is a game if you don't find a way for it to "get out there" and make "lots of noise".

RMN hosts a thousand of games. I don't think we know each and every one of them. Who knows how many hidden gems we've missed.

If Dyluck is confident and wants to recommend his game I think it's more than okay. It's even highly rated so why not.

I would actually prefer that to have some recognition than an already super duper ultra famous gem that already has plenty of followers.

We have a new generation of game makers that needs to be recognized!

(Ad: Feature my gam)
Vandriette
"The purpose of life is to end." -Agent Smith
author=OldPat
sometimes I think you just have to let your game speak for itself.
Eh, I dunno, Guy.
That's not exactly how it works, not always at least, alas.

That's why people invented a very nice but perhaps "invasive" thing called "marketing".

It doesn't matter how good is a game if you don't find a way for it to "get out there" and make "lots of noise".

RMN hosts a thousand of games. I don't think we know each and every one of them. Who knows how many hidden gems we've missed.

If Dyluck is confident and wants to recommend his game I think it's more than okay. It's even highly rated so why not.

I would actually prefer that to have some recognition than an already super duper ultra famous gem that already has plenty of followers.

We have a new generation of game makers that needs to be recognized!

(Ad: Feature my gam)

(Feature my gam too)

author=Dyluck
Yeah, but sometimes in life, you need to have the confidence to speak up a little, instead of waiting around, if you want to be noticed =)

And also because there's been no new suggestions to the "list" in months

Dy has a good point. If everyone who scribbled anything on paper then threw it to the forums saying "PLAY MY GAM PLZ ITS GOOD" while everyone who puts in many MANY hours to fine tune their game remains quiet in fear that trying to suggest their own work be recognized would be seen as something taboo, maybe we are missing a lot of good games.

Heck with it. I'll put what I believe to be my best fully finished game to date in the hat. You can bet your cookies I'll step up and push FF:SW here when I get it finally finished, too. If it gets selected or not, eh, I feel confident enough to try! Go confidence!

King of Grayscale
unity
You're magical to me.
If someone is constantly asking for their own games to be featured, yes, that could get obnoxious very quickly. But if you have a game with several reviews and a four-star average, I think its completely fair to say "Hey, this thing I did exists and seems well-liked. Maybe feature-worthy?" I mean, none of us can play all the games on this site.
You know, on topic and for what it's worth, I'm really surprised the original Legends of Illarion hasn't ever been Featured. It's been around since forever, certainly looks as good as any 2k3 game, has over 10,000 downloads, and a favorable review.

I suppose the big hangup for potential players, myself included, is that it's based on an old MMO game which tells me I should have some foreknowledge before playing it. Well, that didn't stop my community-oriented pile from receiving the honor.
Dyluck
Aww, thanks Dyhalto. Now I'll feel sad when I have to end you.

But the first game is quite dated now, compared to newer 2k3 games these days, and it did already get a sidebar spotlight back then, so I'm satisfied enough with that.
Oh, Dyl. When will you learn?
You don't get to choose the Featured Game. Featured Game chooses you!
Okay so I've added more to my list of possible future game features. Woo?

OFF (Highly Rated)
Fairie Krystal (Highly Rated)
Legends of Illarion 2 (Highly Rated)
Quest Questers (Highly Rated)

If anyone can make a suggestion, To Crime Nirvana is a real gem of a game that somehow completely slipped through the cracks. It's about two gay criminals and their magical cat.

If only staff can make suggestions sorry please ignore me.
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
Nah, I'm pretty sure anybody can recommend games to be featured. Hence, why it's in the User Feedback section of the site.
Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass

Ara Fell was featured, so I'd say commercial games are fair game at this point.

#BelieveInJimmy
unity
You're magical to me.
Yeah! Jimmy deserves it! :DDDDDD
Well, personally I'm a-okay with games that have been on the site since their conception being made Featured games, even if they turn to commercial. Supporting our success stories is just common sense to me. XD

OFF (Highly Rated)
Fairie Krystal (Highly Rated)
Legends of Illarion 2 (Highly Rated)
Quest Questers (Highly Rated)
Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass (woo)
I recommend Linus! Just played it and reviewed it.