THE FEATURED GAME THREAD

I'm voting for Oneshot, too. Been ages since we featured a game made with one of the older engines.
nhubi
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
author=Liberty
Because there isn't one yet. It's still in judging phase.

For another, uh, 18 hours?

I'm looking forward to seeing who wins, hopefully they've already put their game on here so it'll be easy to stick on the front page.

Actually I'm really interested in reading the professional reviews for the games. I think I played over 100 and if one of those is the winner it will be fun to compare what I thought with a real reviewer.

Though I'll put in a vote for Sunset Over Imdahl too, just in case :)
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
I'll throw down a vote for Remnants of Isolation and *Witchworks*.
unity
You're magical to me.
author=nhubi
author=Liberty
Because there isn't one yet. It's still in judging phase.
For another, uh, 18 hours?

Given that there were almost 700 entrees, I'm not surprised that they're still in the judging phase.
nhubi
Yes there were 700, but about half of them were disqualified/didn't make it through the screening. I think they said over in RMW there were around 150 RPG and 130 non-RPG that made it through to the judging.

Oh and those 8 judges each played all the games in their judging category, so it's more than 80 games each, it's at least 130. Personally I don't know how Liberty did it and still had time to be here, as well as actual life.

I think she deserves a pay rise.
author=Liberty
I hear The Sunken Spire is pretty good and Painted Heart has seen a lot of attention. Remnants of Isolation looks nice, too.

Or... we could give a classic some attention. Say Romancing Walker or Sunset over Imdahl?

Seriously though, SoI should have been feature long ago. It holds up as a game even against today's standards (still the best parallaxed game to date).
Long ago???? It was only added to RMN in February and not by Teo, but by some mysterious robed figure who claims to be the RM messiah Aremen! I can hardly be faulted for not featuring it yet.

My biggest concern with featuring new cool games is.... did they come here as an entry to IGDC? Is it right to feature ANY game from IGDC prior to the winner being chosen?

author=nhubi
I think she deserves a pay rise.
I will submit for a ... say 35% pay raise, and an immediate 15% bonus payout of her current salary.
Well, it all depends on what the featured game theme is for August. Classic or Modern?

I'm going for Classic though, and it would have to be Romancing Walker heh.
Actually, we're having to play all of the games in the genre we've been given. That is, the RPG judges have to play all the RPGs that made it past the knock-out phase and the non-RPG judges have to play all the non-RPGs that got past. So... well over 120 games each to play, as well as do write-ups for.

Also, the exact date of winner information release is unverified and currently unknown. A lot of people are expecting it within the next 24 hours but that's just speculation. You'll have to wait for Decky to verify. Just, don't get your hopes up. I believe that time is for the Voter's Choice award.

As for the games I pointed out, the first three were made for the contest, so I'm personally pushing for either Romancing Walker or Sunset over Imdahl~

^.^

And you're right, kentona, it's hard to expect SoI to be showcased when it was only added a few months ago to the site, even if it existed before then. (ANd thanks for the raise~ :D *yoink* )
nhubi
Well if we're going classic then Romancing Walker is always a winner...and maybe it'll give Addit that kick he needs to finish the review of it he keeps talking about.

so.... do I flip a coin between SOL and RW or what?
Don't worry kentona, let me flip a dime for you.

Future Helper it is.
I love RW too, but seriously, SOI deserves the spot more. It is still a game that is worthy of admiration and if it doesn't get the feature I'm going to start calling it the Leonardo Decaprio of RM games.

XD
Isrieri
"My father told me this would happen."
Romancing Walker has fewer reviews. So feature that one.
You guys are killing me, just killing me.
^.^

I like RW, I do, but the title just belonged to SoI this time around. I'm sure RW will get there eventually, though~
author=kentona
so.... do I flip a coin between SOL and RW or what?
author=yuna21
Guess SoI won. XD

Damn you, coin. >_<
You had better make RW be featured game either next month or the following month! I demand it!

But anyway, SOI is a good game to feature as well, even though I didn't actually finish the game (maybe I should).