GAME VS. NEW GAME

Pages: 1
I've got a problem. For once my mind is getting really active, and I need to, well, decide something. Here it is, I'll give you the details first though:
I was making my Legend of Zelda game when I came across a problem, I started to feel something was missing in my game, so I made a request on it, (look for fat npcs/heroes) and when that didn't find me an answer, I decided that I would have to find a way to make my own. I went on and on searching for whatever I could that could give me hope, and then I found a program for it, Character Maker 1999! I was amazed on how cool it was!
Though I feel the recolors are my best job, I bet now, when I recolor Sonic into Pyro, I can add the other stuff that distinguishes them apart(the top spike on Sonic has 3 spikes right on top of it). I started trying to see any tutorials on it and finally decided to literally, with no help, make it from scratch.
It took me 3 tries because the first try I didn't know what I was doing, the second try the character wasn't sized right, and the third try was done. They all looked like detailed Atari characters. Then I realized with all I have done so far, I might as well try making a game...but wait!
Here's the problem. I'm already making another game, Legend of Zelda:Link in Time, but now creating this character, I don't know what to do!!! I heard some professional companies stop their other games to take a focus on a new one, but that means getting rid of all the work I've done so far on LoZ:LiT, and that's the dilemma. All this for one simple question for you to understand what I know, or at least know: Make 2 games at the same time,take out one game to finish another,or just wait... My thought that I would think would be good is just wait. But I'm not the kind of person to just wait. What do you think on my situation?
If you keep ditching your current project for a new one you will never finish a game. I strongly urge you to finish your current project first then start a new one. If your current project is new and you haven't put much time in it then you might as well start a new one.
author=McBick
If you keep ditching your current project for a new one you will never finish a game. I strongly urge you to finish your current project first then start a new one. If your current project is new and you haven't put much time in it then you might as well start a new one.
Thank you! Anyone else, just in case?
I'm with McBick. If you have never finished a project, you should just stick to the one your working on and stick with it until the end. Once you have completed a few games, and gained some experience in working with multiple project at once, then try and do more than one at a time.

Just write those ideas down and come back to them later. ^^
author=Brent
I'm with McBick. If you have never finished a project, you should just stick to the one your working on and stick with it until the end. Once you have completed a few games, and gained some experience in working with multiple project at once, then try and do more than one at a time.

Just write those ideas down and come back to them later. ^^
O.K., well good! Because I've finished a few games before, it's cool. Now, new problem, how do you lock a thread.
Just say,

"Mods, please lock this thread, and hopefully one of those guys in RED will lock it before you know it. :D
I prefer to just let threads fade off on their own.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
If your new idea does not involve fat/inflation fetish, go with that one.
author=Max McGee
Max, not to be rude, and your right I should go with the one without fat/inflation fetish, but please don't mention it when I've already in a way mentioned it. Not everyone needs to know. And besides, thanks to you people now since (I don't know how to make a good sprite) I can't get the sprite I need, I had to change the storyline, which now, I'm at a loss for ideas. And this game will become another bad game from the very top of my head that will never be as good as I wanted, though knowing how most people don't like fat/inflation which means it wouldn't be that good anyways. Thanks Mac, thanks alot!
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
author=pyrodoom
author=Max McGee
Max, not to be rude, and your right I should go with the one without fat/inflation fetish, but please don't mention it when I've already in a way mentioned it. Not everyone needs to know. And besides, thanks to you people now since (I don't know how to make a good sprite) I can't get the sprite I need, I had to change the storyline, which now, I'm at a loss for ideas. And this game will become another bad game from the very top of my head that will never be as good as I wanted, though knowing how most people don't like fat/inflation which means it wouldn't be that good anyways. Thanks Mac, thanks alot!

It isn't our fault that this happened. Sorry, nice try.
Ohh yeah.. It's supposed to be dying off... :3
Pages: 1