ADVICE ON MURDER MYSTERY GAME? SIMILAR TO PHOENIX WRIGHT

Pages: 1
So basically I'm making a short game featuring my friends in a "Murder Mystery" like scenario. I want to use one of the RPG Maker games, but I'm not sure which. There will be no RPG combat interface in the game, just walking around, examining stuff, and cutscenes. I want to use .gifs from the Phoenix Wright series to portray conversations and characters, and was also hoping to integrate some kind of "presenting evidence" system.

Basically what I was wondering was, which RPG Maker should I use, are there any resources of someone who has done this that would help speed up the game creation, etc. Thanks so much!
Ummm...How about this, since your not having a battle in the game, how about using 2000. RPG maker 2000 has almost the same battle system as vx, but free, and merges it alot with xp, probably where they got the idea. Also, you have lots of stuff to work with that's already in the program.

Edit:OH! And unlike VX and XP, and like 2003, it's completely free.
@ Pyrodoom

http://rpgmaker.net/engines/rm2k/

See: License

@NoobSauce:

I'm not sure which RM would be best suited to your needs but as far as I know, no RM can use .gif images (you'd have to save them as .png) but the newer ones (XP and VX) can use 32 bit w/ alpha images whereas 2k and 2k3 are limited to 8 bit.
Pages: 1