STRANGE RPG MAKER 2003 PROBLEM

Pages: 1
i have a problem that cause 3 of 4 characters to display sword graphics when attacking rather than what i have assigned on the weapon. how do i fix that issue.
what do you mean when you say "3 0f 4 characters"....you mean the 3rd out of 4 characters or 3 out of 4 of the characters?

anyway in 2k3 go to the database and in animations 2 tab...check there to see if you have the right selections picked.
all of the characters have the correct animations. the animation set on the weapon is the bow animation. only zack uses the bow animation inside the game however.
iirc, you have to set the animation for each character individually, in that weapon animation window.
The same way you did it for Zack. In that section there is a list of heroes on the left. Click the other names and make sure all the animations are set properly.
good luck trying to help this guy.....when i was on RPG revolution. he made a million and one topics asking for help, sometimes on the very basics. he got mad one time when someone took forever to reply. He said "Oh looks like someone finally decided to help me". At that point he had already made like twenty or so topics. the people on that site started to ignore him. Everyone, including my self once tried to help him. I am not saying don't try to help him, because we all need help sometimes. I am just trying to say you better have patience.
there is only 1 character listed there and i cant figure out how to add any more.
Is Zack the only one who is able to equip the weapon?
all characters is able to equip it but only as a specific class.
author=andreasaspenberg
all characters is able to equip it but only as a specific class.
If you filter by class, you have to assign that class to all of your characters in the Character tab, then go back to the Items tab and set the animations. You can then feel free to change the classes again on the Character tab. RM2k3 will remember the animations assignments.

...iirc.

EDIT:
or check off the (None) class as a Usable By:, and change all of your heroes to the (None) class.
do you mean the hero tab or is it somewhere other than the database. the weapon can only be used after changing to a certain class.(that is how it is intended.)
Oh yeah, now that I look closer it's not just a list of heroes, but classes too. And if I create a new hero it doesn't even show up on that list...

Funny, on my screen I only have 1 hero in the database and 4 classes, but in that list there is an extra hero that isn't anywhere else in the database o.O

Honestly, I never bothered using these battle animations so I don't know the in's and out's. It seems hard to work with.

You would apply classes on the hero tab.
i just want to fix all of the bugs in the game before i publish a demo of it. i know very well how critical people can be if they find a bug. using apply on a class that can wield the weapon made that character`s sprite show up in the weapon animation but it doesnt help me because it only works for pre-set classes. the characters get the class through the game rather than starting with it. after testing it i found out that that solved the problem. problem solved, case closed. is there an easier way to edit weapon animations for each weapon.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Like kentona said, you can change the classes of your characters in the database temporarily just to set these animations, and then change them back to what they're supposed to start the game at.

It is an annoying issue with RM2K3. One of many.
i just want to clarify that i wasn't trying to be mean. if you have any other problems that i can help with i will try.
Pages: 1