DIABLO 3 "VS" TORCHLIGHT 2

Pages: first prev 123 last
I can't believe they took out PAUSING in single player. That coupled with idling leading to a disconnect means that this game will be nearly unplayable for me.

Don't they realize I have a 2 year old?

EDIT:
related story.
After all this Diablo talk I loaded up Diablo 2 again and found a Druid who was 2 quests away from beating the game in Hell Difficulty (aside: he had 2 hacked charms that gave +7 to all skills), so I started playing. I was mere minutes away from killing Bhaal when I was interrupted by my son, because it was his bedtime. I paused the game and ended up leaving it running ALL NIGHT. I came back and finished it off at 6:30am the next morning.
Want to know the best way to solve this issue? Keep complaining. And for once I'm not being facetious, I'm actually dead serious.

The game JUST STARTED CLOSED BETA. THEY ARE LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK. THINGS CAN AND MOST LIKELY WILL CHANGE.

People saying "FUCK BLIZZ FOREVER GODDAMN NOT BUYING THIS GAME" based off 3-day impressions of a closed beta are being highly reactionary.
Yeah, not being able to pause is pretty balls. An offline single-player mode (or LAN mode, too) seems like it should be included in the final version. RPS knows what's up.

And knowing blizzard, this game probably won't be released for at LEAST another year, maybe two. I have faith they'll make the right decision!
author=narcodis
And knowing blizzard, this game probably won't be released for at LEAST another year, maybe two. I have faith they'll make the right decision!

I think we'll definitely see one of Heart of the Swarm or the next WoW expansion before Diablo III. Maybe even both.

(Comedy option: both the above AND Legacy of the Void AND another WoW expansion)
I still play Diablo 2 from time-to-time if anybody ever wants to roll some undead.
author=Shinan
Kentona told me to link this here. So here we go:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/22/how-diablo-iiis-drm-will-affect-you/

There is no way in hell there will be no pause, how exactly would that work with hardcore characters ? (I don't play hardcore, but many people do)
You would have to be an absolute no-life to be able to play hardcore with no pause option. Somebody is at the door and you have to answer, while fighting a mob of monsters? Your kid needs your attention? Your family needs help with something? Gotta go to the toilet real bad? Bye bye hardcore character.

Why not add hardcore mode to WoW, it would work the same (read: WOULDN'T work).

That's the way how I see it anyway, maybe they got some voodoo up their sleeves that will make this work, or they will simply change it. Hopefully.

PS: I still hope that D3 will come late 2011/early 2012, since the beta should be around for 3-6 months before the release, and it's already up. But I guess we will see.
Yeah, even Starcraft 2 has a pause function... and it's a friggin' online RTS game.

Also, blizzard already delaying the release date... http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/23/diablo-3-quasi-delayed-to-early-2012/#more-75194
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
author=kentona
whoa long read:
http://www.the-ghetto.org/content/the-creation-of-battle-net-2-0-part-one

...but interesting.

Yeah, this confirms another article I read a long time ago.

Yet another step towards only being able to play games when they say it's okay, and saying goodbye to being able to own and sell a game.
One of my favorite Diablo clones, Titan Quest, is on sale for $5 (Gold edition, which includes the expansion) on Steam at the moment. I recommend this title.
author=Jude
One of my favorite Diablo clones, Titan Quest, is on sale for $5 (Gold edition, which includes the expansion) on Steam at the moment. I recommend this title.

I agree, if you haven't played it yet, get it, it's well worth it. It is somewhat slower paced than D2, but it's great nevertheless. Don't forget to download Fan Patch 1.17, and the RNG fix, they fix some of the issues with the game (after THQ went bankrupt).
Pages: first prev 123 last