DIET!

Pages: first 12 next last
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
How is your diet? What do you normally eat? Do you eat healthy, or do you eat... the other way.
Here is me:
My diet usually contains more liquid. Chocolate Milk and Blueberry Smoothies for breakfast, Chocolate Milk and usually a spicy chicken patty sandwich with a pear or apple, and always a banana. Dinner changes a lot, but ALWAYS consists of a salad of some sort.
My dad is a health freak, so the salads are vegetable, no meat or ranch dressing.
Snacks usually consist of apples. I rarely eat sweets besides on Holidays.
My diet kind of sucks. Unfortunately, I'm pretty picky when it comes to food. I can't stand vegetables. I can handle pretty much any meat, dairy, grain, or fruit but anything on top of it, such as vegetables, dressing, etc. are bad. I drink a lot of Mountain Dew, Milk, a shitload of water. As far as eating goes, something in some form of pizza, chicken, beef, chips, cottage cheese, (combine cottage cheese and chips for wtf how is this so good), and more recently apples have been introduced to be regular in what I eat. So, I'm starting to try and balance what goes in. I also take multivitamins so that I'm not totally lacking what I can get out of vegetables.

LIFE OF A COLLEGE STUDENT AND MOSTLY EASY FROZEN FOOD YEAH
I have pancreatitis so I'm on a pretty strict diet. I usually eat oatmeal for breakfast, plain turkey sandwich for lunch with fruit, and chicken or steak with vegetables for dinner. No acidic, spicy or fatty foods and no alcohol or carbonated drinks.

Snacks are usually craisins or animal crackers.
My usual diet changes through the month. At the beggining of the month, my diet is kind of poor, sodas, macaroni and cheese, the occasional snack, but only small stuff, when I'm at the computer...but as the month goes by, we lose alot of money and barely can afford anything, then food goes faster. Than we have no food at home and use remaining money to get some healthier stuff like oatmeal for breakfast, than on the 1st of the next month everything restarts. I just had pork rinds in a cup(yes, a cup) and I'm drinking code red.
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
I mostly prefer Japanese, Italian, or American cuisine and my meals largely consist of meat (beef and some pork-related items like sausages), fish, tofu, rice, bread, tofu, fruits, onions, potatoes, tofu, mushrooms, a variety of fried foods (especially love beef cutlets, fried fish, and fried tofu), tofu, toast (with lots of butter!), soups, yakisoba (aka: chowmein, I think?), tofu, ramen and/or udon, various Japanese instant noodles, pizza, and did I mention tofu? (。= ω =。)

As you might gather from the above, I have an obsession for tofu (specifically Japanese tofu), and I hate veggies for the most part besides onions and potatoes.

For drinks, I've always loved orange juice, apple juice, Calpis, Yakult, and lots of water. I don't partake in carbonated drinks or sports drinks.

For snacks and deserts, I eat anything from fruits to ice cream to toasts to cakes and cookies depending on my mood. Pocky is always something on my mind too.

I don't really care for "healthy" eating, personally. I eat whatever tastes great as I view eating as the sign of being alive and arguably one of the most happiest moments in one's life. I really pity those who can't eat as they please due to circumstances beyond their control. (*´Д`)

P.S. Did I mention I love tofu?
I have a limited diet. The food I cook is a rotation of about five to ten recipies mostly involving A National Vegetable, bacon or minced meat. Occasionally some chicken, when I remember it exists. I combine the meat with your usual assortment of pasta, rice, potatoes or bread depending on mood and day.

Basically you can tell my collection of food-making by combining one meat-related product (Fried in a frying pan obviously) with the combination and you have more or less everything I can make.

Vegetables are usually an afterthought. I might chew on a cucumber, some carrots or some cabbage as a snack but rarely does it happen alongside proper food. Fruits are similar, they're snacks for when I remember that they can be snacks too. (I should get some oranges, been a while since I ate oranges)

I eat warm food once a day usually, spending the rest of the day chewing assorted sweets or maybe a sandwich or two. Occasionally I forget to eat for a day. (which probably is really unhealthy)

There are a couple of things I won't eat. Most notably fish and porridge. (and of course any of that vegan crap... but I don't consider that food)
my diet is very varied. i eat vegan or vegetarian most days, and then i have also been known on many an occasion to drink a cup or three of gravy and dunk bread in it and when i get steak, it's blue rare.

all sorts of cuisines, though i usually avoid fish. not a fan. and the spicier the better. love curries, stir fries, grilled salads.
but in general i make everything from scratch. not a health nut or anything, i just really love fresh food and feeding my boyfriend costs a lot if i don't make it myself. he's like a dumptruck. a box of cereal in a sitting if i let him -_-
I try to eat more protein so basically more meats except pork because it has more fat than protein.
author=tpasmall
I have pancreatitis so I'm on a pretty strict diet.

did u drink a lot?
oh and while I'm here:

author=asotherswere
look at me

stop trying so hard.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
Or is it :

author=asotherswere's boyfriend
look at her

?

author=Space_Monkey
oh and while I'm here:

author=asotherswere
look at me

stop trying so hard.

truly uncertain how i can try any less o_o
author=chana
Or is it :

author=asotherswere's boyfriend
look at her

?

only photo i'll ever post on the forums because i find it obnoxious but i know the drill.

sorry, just a normal chick not a fun troll. a very boring chick i promise. i may post only a handful of times. i joined to get help on my game and just checking out the forums.
chana
You don't seem too boring to me with that poster, so that avatar just means : "a woman" as in herself? if so, that's pretty tough, then what's wrong with your boyfriend unable to cook a meal?
a feminist's nightmare - i cannot stand a man in the kitchen. i cook, i clean, he kills the spiders. it works /shrug

but i just like to cook. i was raised to enjoy GOOD food. at 5 my mom had me eating brie and artichokes.
and for fuck's sake, if i am gone and he decides to feed himself i come home to him eating cold kidney beans out of the can. on many occasions. it's such a depressing sight heh
chana
Well go in another room, let him finish his cold kidney beans, maybe he likes that! He's a grown man, you don't have to raise him like your mom did you AND prepare for yourself a nice little meal as YOU like them, and enjoy!
i'm not his mother, i'm his partner. he's the dominant one. i find it depressing when women won't act in the way that comes natural to them - nurturing, feminine.
chana
What I thought, ok, live your life, but watch out for generalizations, it's your trip, don't try to impose it on others, because, beleive me, it's not mine, nor that of a few other millions of women.
Man, after I moved in June I decided to try and lose some weight so I went ultra healthy with what I was putting into my body. Absolutely zero junk food and the only liquid I drank was water. I lost 20 pounds in a month, but then an odd health problem (inflammed ribs) that started up just before my attempt to lose weight got extremely bad and I couldn't even exercise anymore. I think I've gained those 20 pounds back. I hate being from a naturally fat family, damn it.

Now that I'm (mostly) feeling better again, I can take another stab at trying to get in shape. Hopefully nothing impedes me this time! Bring on the mostly fish, water, nuts, and fruits diet again!
author=Space_Monkey
author=tpasmall
I have pancreatitis so I'm on a pretty strict diet.
did u drink a lot?

Nope, born with it, it's just gotten progressively worse as I've gotten older. I'm just doing everything I can to avoid going on the enzymes because once you do that, you're pretty much saying goodbye to your pancreas.

author=asotherswere
i'm not his mother, i'm his partner. he's the dominant one. i find it depressing when women won't act in the way that comes natural to them - nurturing, feminine.

Would feel uncomfortable letting Bobby Flay cook if he was in your kitchen? I'm all for women being women, but I do most of the cooking in our house, I enjoy it, it's relaxing to me. Even if I can't eat the food I enjoy cooking. It's an artform.
Pages: first 12 next last