MAGIC PARTICLES 2D/3D: SPECIAL EFFECTS FOR GAMES

Pages: 1
Title: Magic Particles 2D/3D (Dev)
Developer: Astralax
Site: http://astralax.com
Description: Magic Particles is technology for creating special effects. The program consist of 2 parts: visual editor of special effects and API.

* Powerful and comfortable visual editor of special effects with a large number of features.

* Fast and clear API allowing to control the behavior of special effects in details.

* Cross-platform: Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android.

* Possibility to use any graphics engine for drawing special effects in game.

You can see more games using Magic Particles API here.

Video clips of some games that use Magic Particles API:

Tulula: Legend of a Volcano

Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream

Celtic Lore: Sidhe Hills

Vampire Saga - Pandora's Box

Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus

While we don't allow advertising for commercial games, this isn't a game but a graphics tool.

But, to be blunt, I think this is a bit out of our league. The majority of the users here use basic 2D sprites for their graphics. So I am not sure how much uptake you'll end up getting from the members at this site. However, someone might be able to make use of this! Good luck!
If it can output them to frames into an image file, then it can be used by RPGMaker users.
Overall the examples are very good.
Well, you can download a free version on their site.

And I do believe VX/XP users may find this to be useful. Many members of the community create custom battle animations through particle effect programs like these. Not very useful for 2k/3 however. Alpha transparency being the issue. Shame. Would save me a load of time.
That's good news! Carry on then.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
I have downloaded and used battle animations that were made with programs like this. I don't think I have the patience to make them myself but I'm sure glad other people do because they look so much better than hand-sprited animations.
Fantastic. Well I'm going to show this to the leader developing the commercial game of ours and see if its something he can purchase for use. Thank you for posting.
If you are going to use Magic Particles to create animation (png, jpg, avi) you may be interested in Magic Particles for designers. These versions are 2:
1) Magic Particles (works with 2D only)
2) Magic Particles 3D (works with 2D and 3D)
These versions allow to export special effects to AVI, PNG, JPG, TGA, DDS, BMP. Alpha channel is supported.
Pages: 1