SCREENSHOT THREAD WITH ONE EYEBROW AND A GOLDEN TOOTH

@Tau- Nice maps you've got there. I think it mixes in well with the star ocean tiles. Good job. :)

I think this has been the first time i have posted a screen in one of these topics. Anyway, this is a screen of my upcoming Pacman game that i am releasing on June 20th. There is one thing i need to know though, should i stick with the plain black background or should i add something else?
author=demondestiny link=topic=965.msg17752#msg17752 date=1211798588

I think this has been the first time i have posted a screen in one of these topics. Anyway, this is a screen of my upcoming Pacman game that i am releasing on June 20th. There is one thing i need to know though, should i stick with the plain black background or should i add something else?

Questions:

1. Which engine is that?
2. Is that screen all of the graphics in your game? If so I think it wouldn't be hard to get someone (maybe me maaaaaaaaaaaybe) to draw more attractive blocks etc for you.
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
Add something to the background instead of just a big emptiness.
Man, all the transparency is pretty confusing! It's a good concept, but I think you should keep it a little easier to understand. Perhaps make the roofing a little more transparent.
Yeah Xeno the screens look nice but it is really hard to make any sense of what's going on. I understand what you are trying to do but it is ill-conceived as it will only confuse the player.

So most of the things in this screen are default WIP etc (such as the window skin and layout).

However, it does show you the super-awesome system from Wilfred the Hero where you equip skills of youur own choosing - functioning inside of RPG Maker VX. Note that this time your stats are tweaked by which skills you have equipped, so equipping the basic attack command will make your basic attacks significantly stronger due to the requisite statistic bonuses.

"Talk" is the coolest ability in the game (I stole it from SMT).

I am shooting for a RS demo of the same prototype I had put out last time, but a complete vertical slice with gameplay story etc.
@Brandonabley- That Pacman game i have made in Gamemaker. Decided i would stray away from Demon Destiny for a while and try something new. Those blocks aren't going to stay. I have been using the default blocks just for testing.

@XenoSoft- I agree with Chartley. The transparecy is extremely confusing.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Macubex: pretty.

Mala: So your characters don't use actual equipment? Do you use the skills by assigning skills to the items and "using" them in battle?
author=Lord Harmon von Ick link=topic=965.msg17891#msg17891 date=1211903358
Mala: So your characters don't use actual equipment? Do you use the skills by assigning skills to the items and "using" them in battle?

Skills function as equipment also! A skill like "attack" boosts your character's attack. You can equip "attack" five times (if you have collected the skill five times) if you want a character who just has a very powerful normal attack. But you are correct; there is no such thing as "Broad Sword +1" in this game. I am considering adding support for accessory-type equipment, but I think that an elegant and simple system like this might lead to tighter game design so we'll see.

The character's skill menu is populated by whichever skills they have equipped. It's pretty elegant. In RMVX it only takes a few lines of code to this sort of thing and you don't have to use any lame workarounds.
harmonic
It's like toothpicks against a tank
Oh, wow, that is awesome. I figured you'd have to use a skill by going into the "item" menu which is laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame
@brandonabley brandon the Able, Esquire- Game sounds pretty sweet. I look forward to checking it out. The "Talk" system interests me.

@Macubex- That screen looks great. :)
author=Brandon the Able, Esquire link=topic=965.msg17899#msg17899 date=1211905672
Skills function as equipment also! A skill like "attack" boosts your character's attack. You can equip "attack" five times (if you have collected the skill five times) if you want a character who just has a very powerful normal attack. But you are correct; there is no such thing as "Broad Sword +1" in this game. I am considering adding support for accessory-type equipment, but I think that an elegant and simple system like this might lead to tighter game design so we'll see.

What happens when you have multiple copies of skills, though? Obviously you
can equip Attack five times, but if you have 25 copies of Attack then it might look a bit messy.

Otherwise it's a neat system.
author=yamata no orochi link=topic=965.msg17955#msg17955 date=1211927467
What happens when you have multiple copies of skills, though? Obviously you
can equip Attack five times, but if you have 25 copies of Attack then it might look a bit messy.

Otherwise it's a neat system.

There are five slots. So you can equip Attack up to five times, if you have five attack crests. Of course, you will only have one ability in that case (I hope you like attacking!).
author=Brandon the Able, Esquire link=topic=965.msg17829#msg17829 date=1211855117

Even I have to admit that this is very nice, a far cry from your early work I so heavily scrutinized.

Macubex, that particular screen looks like, but the inconsistency of the quality of your levels is a bit odd. One level is nicely constructed while some others (Your previous screenshot) seemed disjointed and strange (for example, the chipset seemed to be used in a way it's not really meant for)

Are you going to go back and change this, or are you satisfied with how they've turned out?
Looks pretty nifty Brandon.

I have a similar thing in Philadelpia, but it uses a menu seperate from the equip menu (via an excellent KCG script).
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
My sister's engagement party is this weekend, so I won't be getting much headway with this, but the next stage will be the cave below. Kinda proud about how well this turned out.

My buddy suggested I make my own panorama. So, here's some sketchy-style clouds.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
That looks really good Dude, never knew you had it in you :P But why so many ladders?
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar

The screen is flashing because the Bard got a double attack (or triple attack, but you can't really tell).

MODIFY: Oh whoops. one sec let me re-upload the image!

Okay so the faces are there because I wanted to show them off~! I have all graphics (face, charset, battlechar) for twelve classes and a bunch of battle backgrounds and a ton of monsters and and and and and other stuff!!!!!!!!!