YE OLDE ANCIENT SCREENSHOTS TOPIQUE

LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Jude has contracted SPACE DYSENTERY. Jude has died.
author=LockeZ
Jude has contracted SPACE DYSENTERY. Jude has died.

Glad I'm not the only one who made that misread on first glance.

I don't have much in the way of game screenshots, but let's just say most of my pre-Ghostlight web designs were... uh... DOG SHIT AWFUL. Just imagine that with varying background colors/font sizes and you have most of my pre-Ghostlight designs in a nutshell. Goddamn I was an idiot at 13.
lol all of my old games are bad combinations of RTP and SNES rips... oh wait...
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
The Oregon Trail IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEE

This is the 3rd of the series, the first one being from around... 1997.
Max McGee
whaaaaaaaat?

calunio, that looks really different! care to explain?
It's some sort of virtual pet, inspired back when tamagotschis were trendy, using mythological creatures as pets and based on pagan culture. It had more complex interaction options.

Download here if anyone is curious, but it's in Portuguese.
My older games are actually quite shameful.

Lunar Omen (before 2003?):

The main character is such an emo asshole and I cringe everytime I revisit the dialogue I wrote as a tween.

At least I was getting the hang of spriting! Kind of...

Zeon Story 1 (2003): (Zeon Story started as a joke)

This is seconds after the main character slaughters the monster who killed his king in an almost Shattered Samurai-like scene.

Oh, wow. Somebody's unaware f his surroundings.

Zeon Story 2 (2004-2007):

Minigame! Wow, I was actually taking Rm2k a tad seriously.

My truly noobs games (Before 2002) have died along with my older computers.

OK. Back to work...
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=Max McGee
as much as i hate you dudesoft that monster is kind of amazing

Hater keep hate. I stole that off charasproject because its so terrible and awesome.
Max McGee

shut your lying whore mouth most of those are at least pretty decent and some of them are actually kind of impressive. i feel like everyone is too ashamed to post the real trash.
author=Max McGee
shut your lying whore mouth most of those are at least pretty decent and some of them are actually kind of impressive. i feel like everyone is too ashamed to post the real trash.

Or, as in my case, about three computers and at least 5 houses ago. Thankfully.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Well, here's my RPG Maker 95 game made with RTP resources.

I can't actually take any screenshots because Windows 7 really doesn't like RM95. It only plays in fullscreen, and if you minimize it or try to switch to windowed mode then the video crashes, and if you try to prnt scrn while in fullscreen mode it saves the screenshot as monochromatic (not even grayscale, actual literal monochrome).

So here is what I have on my old website. A splash title bar containing a small section of the first town, and a screenshot of the first map in the game. Which is also the first map I ever made in my entire life.

In this awful piece of shit a group of demons had taken over the government of the Martec Empire and then taken over the entire world. You played as a group of heroes led by James and Jesse, and you called yourselves Team Rocket and did a version of the Team Rocket motto (that I rewrote to be twice as long as the one from the pokemon show) basically every time a boss showed up. James tossed roses around and your airship had a giant red R on the side. You had a dog named Rocket, a jetpack named Team Rocket's Rocket, and all the characters were named after my friends at the time.

In unrelated news, twelve years later I can still sing the entire extended Team Rocket song in Japanese.
chana
(Socrates would certainly not contadict me!)
But that's all custom!
LockeZ
No, that's the RM95 RTP. I'm pretty much 100% sure.

You can actually download the game here. It is like 20-30 hours long. Yes, I made a 20-30 hour long epic RPG as my first game, and finished it. It is not a good game. But it's there.
Ocean
Resident foodmonster
Bunch of screens.

An old tactical RPG of mine. Predates Island Sky. It was actually finished too, and while the TBS was increeedibly buggy, I rather liked the result. Too bad I don't have it anymore.

Old quest based RPG. I tried to remake this with Lihtan, but the battle system was changed, and Lihtan has pre-defined characters instead of the 4 chooseable ones. Then I realized the base systems were pretty damn generic.

A sequel to the game above. Sadly this didn't get very far because I was working on another project that took more of my attention away from me so it ended up being a forgotten side project. Didn't do much with it, other than the graphical style (it doesn't show here, but it's more badly mixed than it seems) and some basic systems.

Like this. The battle system was sort of a TBS and not buggy compared to Island Sky and some others I made but it ended up being too abusable and I messed up with some design issues so it would have taken too long to fix. Too lazy for that.

Old version of Island Sky. The version on this site is the remake of it. This one is from 2002.

Such a weird look, but I used to think it looked nice back in like 2003 or so. This is the sequel to Island Sky. This time an action system. You control one character, and can... basically it's sort of like SD3. I didn't get far in it before I lost most of it though.

Island Dreams. This game never made it past the battle system. This was used as the base for Adalyn. Here, you had 3 Health bars, one for Body/Arms/Legs. It sounded nice to me at first but it easily became dumb because the enemies were too easily beaten by just focusing on body attacks.

Pre-custom tiles/graphics Island Dreams. You basically selected a location to fight in and you... did. There was going to be more to the game but I forgot what happened to make me redo it.

I sure did like my action systems. This is Azulea, version 1. Didn't get far again because I got bored quickly of my system in practice. It exists, but it wasn't fun to play so I went with something else instead. The ideas I thought were nice again didn't work out well in practice. This is why I tend not to mention what I'm working on until I'm later in development, because I want to test to make sure it'll be something that works nice and doesn't just sound nice in theory.

That's all I can gather from what remains. There's still a few projects I'm missing but it'd be impossible to get for as I don't have them anymore. There's a few RTP for starting out, a bunch of systems that never went anywhere, things like that.
author=Max McGee
i feel like everyone is too ashamed to post the real trash

Okay, round #2 of old projects I have bits of:

MATRIX FANGAME ...oh yes.

/me holds back oceans of cringe.

I have literally three tiny maps and a handful of resources. You can tell it would have been awful, though.

The ugliest title screen ever made:

Pretty much the only map in the project folder. This is meant to be on one of the real-world Zion hover-ships. Notice the awesome bed error.

Horrible battle weapon thingies. Metal rods = Matrickz

And this was going to be my "airship" graphic for the hovership which your resistance fighters inhabited and used to jack into the matrix.

(They're sort of meant to look like this: )

I posted this in another thread but I will repost it and remove everything that doesn't have screenshots. This also serves the dual purpose of reminding Max McGee that he said he'd COMMENT ON THIS STUFF >:O

rpgxp\7Day Game\

This was a contest game that I didn't make the deadline for. It was a small map, and I was toying with making the cities look exactly like the small representation from the Inquistor's World Map tileset:

The concept was mission based, and 'Time of Day' based. You would have x days to complete a mission, and they would occasionally require you to wait out someone passing by at a specific time, or something along those lines. I used Trickster's Time system to create it and it worked nicely. I just never got around to creating any content.

rpgxp\ABS 2\

This was a developing/testing environment for the re-write of my ABS system. I loved this script and thought it was one of the best ABS available until I started getting some pretty negative reviews about it. Infact, so negative that I got teenage-butthurt and stopped developing it entirely. That was pretty silly now that I think about it.

rpgxp\Adrenaline\
This was an attempt to rewrite my Adrenaline system that I used in From Sea to Sky (not in this list.)
This was a really old RMXP game I had made, the screenshots are still on RPG RPG Revolution. I unfortunately had a friend writing the story who made it into a Final Fantasy style epic that I could never have hoped to complete.

rpgxp\atb

This was my unfaithful recreation of the FF6 battle system for RMXP. I purposely tried to use the same style, but was willing to compromise menus and such to make it a little more unique. It was planned to be the basis of any game I wanted to make, and then just changed slightly as necessary. It's actually finished, except for a small bug with the scrolling of menus and never finishing the victory window.

rpgxp\Botanica\

This was a game that was supposed to be a demonstration to my 'New World Objects' script (which I am assuming was a rewrite to my World Objects script) that essentially brought in the World of Warcraft style resource collection system and tied into my crafting script. The point was to create a game where the player's success was hinged on these systems. Whenever you entered a map, it would randomly place some herbalism and mining nodes (specific to certain terrain tags) and you could learn the skills, level up with them, etc.

rpgxp\Dungeon-Inferno\

This was essentially my Magnum Opus. The only game I ever completed from start to finish. It's got the most ridiculous storyline, incoherent characters, and a shit-load of bugs (even while testing to get some pictures I ran into a bug that I couldn't go further because of.)

This game was created for the RMXP.org Dungeon Contest. The idea was to create the most viceral and interesting Dungeon scenarios. The game didn't have to be a complete game, iirc, but I took the contest as an excuse. I used my ABS (dolled up a little for this game) and had some custom art done for the characters, and went to town on it. I got a lot of helpful advice from Anaryu (god bless him) and created something that was amazing. I believe the contest resulted in a tie between ccoa and I, which wasn't resolved. In my opinion, Anaryu's game probably should have won but all three of these entries were competent games.

This game included 4 boss fights (surprising to me, as I completely forgot about them;) several puzzles including a mirror-reflection puzzle that astounded a lot of people (it was just a lot of graphical work and switches) and the requirement to control three characters at once. This was pretty poorly done as they would just idle around while you weren't using them, and in a lot of cases I limited it to 2 for the sake of my own ease. The game also had two endings, although I can't remember what the conditions were. I'm sure it had something to do with all the chests full of gold in the last area of the game.

I am going to create a GamePage for this one, just so people can try it and enjoy it at their leisure. I won't be fixing any of the bugs, though. My RMXP days are pretty much over. I may fix the one bug I encountered that made it impossible to continue by chopping in some code but that is about it.

rpgxp\Enhancements\ (a.k.a. Alone)

I don't remember exactly what the storyline for this game was. I remember that you started in a massive jail, and I had a sort of espionage/stealth style mission to escape the jail. However it ran so ridiculously slow it was unplayable. I was trying to play the game to get an idea and some screenshots, but it crashed every time a message was shown and like I said was unplayable. I took a few shots of the editor though because I like the maps I made and everything.

rpgxp\Fantasy RPG
This was a dead-start that I was making to mimic some of the typical menu systems and such that you would see in a SNES era jRPG

rpgxp\FFRPG

This was a system and database rewrite to use the Final Fantasy Table Top RPG 3E rules developed by ReturnerGames. It was a great system but they overhauled it into garbage.

rpgxp\GameRage

A folder for a guy I was doing commissions for. I never got paid, but at the same time, I never finished what he asked me to do. It was a custom menu system but aside from what is pictured above, he never gave me any further details.

rpgxp\Inferno

This was the predecessor to Dungeon-Inferno. I scrapped it and restarted fairly quickly, but instead of controlling three characters in this one, you would control one. However she had a shadow that you could swap between, so you would hit a switch then swap to your shadow and run through the door that was about to close, and stuff like that. I decided to swap it to three unique heros instead.

rpgxp\InqOutdoor

This isn't even a project. When Inquistor released his Medieval Outdoor tileset, he posited that nobody would be able to use them as well as he could. I made this map to prove him otherwise, he ate his words.

rpgxp\Introduction

This was a project created within RMXP to explain RMXP. I only ever got the map screen completed and it wasn't very nice (it was essentially a slideshow with text boxes.)

rpgxp\Lufia2

This was a script to recreate the Lufia 2 system (and as a result, the Zelda system as well.) Works like a charm, and has been downloaded off my Box.net (despite only being referenced in one post on rpgmaker.net) over a 100 times. I used to have a GamePage for it, but WIP decided that a script demo didn't consistitute a game and removed it years ago.

rpgxp\magic

This was a script that made use of an idea I had. Essentially, when combat initiated there were 'Fields' of energy. In a volcano (as depicted above) the field was primarily Fire (infact was entirely Fire, but that was for testing purposes.) Your hero was a Mage who could 'evaluate' things to change his specialization. In this scenario, he was a Cryomancer. As he used Ice spells, the Ice 'Field' would start to gain strength. This would empower Ice spells. In this case he was fighting a Fire Elemental so that was pretty much his only choice. Had he been fighting something that wasn't immune to fire, he might have decided to 'Evaluate' the Field in combat, which would have changed him to a Pyromancer. Because the field would be so dominated by Fire, his Fire spells would be doing double damage. This was slightly inspired by the Chrono Cross Element system.

rpgxp\mapscript

A script I made to resemble the Metroid map

rpgxp\New Game 01

Not sure what this game was about, other than the opening sequence was a war zone. It had some neat maps and an interestingish looking CMS

rpgxp\ORG Tuesday (aka Into the Baron's Gulch)

This was a project I was making for another RMXP.org contest. After the success I had with Dungeon-Inferno, I thought I would be able to do something else. I couldn't, lol. I bite off way more than I could chew. I keep coming back to it and thinking I should do something with it, but I really can't even see where I was going with it. There is a thread for it at hbgames.org but I can't log in there anymore (something buggy with Chrome and their login system) and I can't search unless I am logged in.

rpgxp\Osirus

Another project I have no idea what I was doing with. I think I made about 3 different intros for it. Something about priests being demons or something I dunno.

rpgxp\Photograft

rpgxp\SSRPG

A side-scrolling RPG in the Zelda 2-vein.

rpgxp\Umbral Wake
I can't believe I have the project file for this?

This was the game I made as a demo so people could see how my ABS worked, and what it was like in action. I had planned on making it into a real game, but never got around to it. IIRC the plot had something to do with the main hero's parents being necromancers, or something.

rpgxp\Winter

This was the start of a project for a Winter contest at RMXP.org
It was to be a collection of mini-games and a loose plot around it. I had fully created the sledding minigame (which was actually pretty fun but I got bored after the first map) and half-created the snowball fight game. It never got finished.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Well this is the original Dragon's Tear that I'm doing a remake of now.

This was from a game called "A Man Apart" didn't get too far into this one.

Then there's the original Guardia..

The Rpgmaker XP version of Guardia..

I've made plenty more, just have nothing left of them anywhere. Well except this title screen and mock up of another idea I had, Blank#

LockeZ
Stop posting nice things. Those are really nice.

Except for the lack of punctuation in the dialogue, but that's kinda trivial really.
author=prexus
Irpgxp\Botanica\
Who can find the playboy bunny?