SNEAK ATTACKS?

Pages: 1
There is probably some really easy explanation to do what I'm trying to do, but I'm trying to make it so you can sneak up on enemies like in Earthbound. I have conditional branches that make it so you fight the monster facing the wrong direction if you and the monster charset are facing the same direction. I've gotten it to work if the monster is not moving. However, any time I have it so the monster is moving it will automatically change directions to face the player, rendering the sneak attack useless. Is there any way I can fix this?

Er, I don't know if this is different on other makers, but I use 2k3.

I'd change the animation type to fixed direction. I'm assuming you're doing an action key click on the monster to trigger the backattack, and the monster is roaming around aimlessly?

If that's the case, give it a fixed direction animation. Then give it a custom route. "Face Random Direction - Move Forward" at whatever frequency you want. When you click on it, it won't face you, and your conditionals can take over from there.

It's a different question if you want a system where the monster sees you when you're in its line of sight and then starts chasing you, and sneak attacking means staying out of its line of sight until you reach it.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
Kinetic Cipher had a system like this. You may want to take a look at it.
Ah, I never thought about the fixed direction and custom route method. I'll try that out. And I'll also check out Kinetic Cipher. Thanks guys.
Pages: 1