RMN IMPENDING DOOM

Pages: first 12 next last
Okay... seriously, not to fearmonger or anything, but if I'm correct, according to an0nymous, SOPA has passed. Again, I'm yet to sit down and google my ass off to make sure I'm right or wrong, but I just don't have the time for that right now.

My point is, assuming SOPA is coming, RMN will pretty much be doomed if all the illegal content is not removed, not to mention many of the projects will need to be remaked on RMXP / VX or so in order to stay alive.

What is the community doing about this possible upcoming situation? got any plans?
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57344536-503544/sopa-bill-to-stop-online-piracy-hits-minor-snag-in-house/

According to that article, a vote is scheduled for Wednesday, December 21st.

In other words, it hasn't even passed the House Judiciary Committee yet. After it passes the House Judiciary Committee, the House of Representatives needs to vote on it, pass it, and send the bill to the Senate for reconciliation with the Senate's bill (Protect IP Act) and vote for passage there. After all that is done, the President needs to sign it into law before it starts to come into effect.

EDIT: Typo fix!
phew! My reign as supreme chancellor of RMN is safe (for now)
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Guys I heard a rumor that the site won't even last long enough to be put to the test against SOPA because WIP is closing it down in one month
He could do it, too.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
author=KingArthur
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57344536-503544/sopa-bill-to-stop-online-piracy-hits-minor-snag-in-house/According to that article, a vote is scheduled for Wednesday, December 21st.

In other words, it hasn't even passed the House Judiciary Committee yet. After it passes the House Judiciary Committee, the House of Representatives needs to vote on it, pass it, and send the bill to the Senate for reconciliation with the Senate's bill (Protect IP Act) and vote for passage there. After all that is done, the President needs to sign it into law before it starts to come into effect.

EDIT: Typo fix!

Good to know I was wrong lol... but yeah, something to think about. :)
SOPA is exactly the firepower Square-Enix has been waiting for to shut us down.
author=ankylo

Because they have nothing better to do than stalk us in the hopes of regaining the precious sprites of their well-over 15 year old games that aren't even being used to gain money.
Right.

XD
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
author=Liberty
author=ankylo
Because they have nothing better to do than stalk us in the hopes of regaining the precious sprites of their well-over 15 year old games that aren't even being used to gain money.
Right.

XD

We are bring dishonour to their families!
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
This is turning into a SOPAprah.
Meh. If it happens, it happens. I wouldn't really worry about it too much.
This bill has ALREADY BEEN PASSED! TWICE! First as CDA or the Communications Decency Act back in 1996 and then later it was passed as COPA or the Child Online Protection Act.

Getting passed in CONGRESS however doesn't mean squat, because ultimately it's up to the SUPREME COURT to decide and, well, they ~already~ curb stomped the last two incarnations so it's not like this is gonna be any different. It's blatantly unconstitutional, just like the LAST TWO that were passed.

First it was "decency", then it was "won't someone think of the children?" and now we've got "scary pirates" in the latest incarnation, but it's all the *SAME* freakin bill, just slightly reworded and with a new acronym... CDA... COPA... and now SOPA. I mean, what, do they think the Supreme Court isn't gonna notice it's the EXACT SAME BILL THEY ALREADY BOOT STOMPED?!

*epic face palm*

What an incredibly stupid waste of tax payer money.

Hurr de durr, have you all been living in a cave or are you so young you were still sucklin on yer mama's teat back in 1996? Tha'fawk you people have a short attention span. I mean, hurr de durr, Blue Ribbon Campaign anyone? Surely I couldn't have been the ONLY person on the Internet back in 1996. o_O

I don't remember these! But then I was 15 at the time (and all 15 year olds are ignorant, right? As a rule?)
TehGuy
Resident Nonexistence
author=Liberty
author=ankylo
Right.

XD

I wouldn't be surprised.. Konami tagged one of my Super Castlevania 4 LPs for just SHOWING the damn thing.. Any one else know how old that game is?

Point is some companies just don't care how old (and out of market) their products are..
A pity. LPs (with commentary) are a great way to get people interested in buying old games and by default newer game made by the same company. Who hasn't seen Okami LPed and sworn to buy the next game Clover releases... even though they're 'gone' now.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
author=Craze

lmao

seriously. amazing.
i've already hoarded all of the posters in this topic sisters for procreation after the end

your mom too but she volunteered
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
I dont know why but I'm pretty sure a tiger knee is appropriate for this topic.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Guys I heard a rumor that the site won't even last long enough to be put to the test against SOPA because WIP is closing it down in one month

Pages: first 12 next last