YOUR FAVOURITE PSX GAMES?

Pages: first 12 next last
Okay, I’m gonna keep this brief and to the point so I can just get this out there, right now. Post your favorite psx games.

(Later on, I’ll eventually edit this first post and compile all the games you guys mentioned into a master list, with clips I’ll probably refer or upload to youtube with one line write ups that’ll summarize for each game, which means if you wrote it down, I will definitely play through it). But right now, just talk about your favorite psx games. youtube links, pictures, whatever, anything. gogogogo post post POST POST! The more, the better, the more obscure the better

Abe's Exodus
-Bushido Blade,
-Bushido Blade 2
-Brave Fencer Musashi
-Jackie Chan Stunt Master
-Jet Moto
-Tenchu
-Tenchu 2
-The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
-Saga Frontier
-Saga Frontier II
-Soul Blade
-Soul Reaver
-Parasite Eve II
-Looney Tunes: Sheep Raider.
-Lunar 2:Eternal Blue

(There’s more but I’m purposely keeping this short, the point is to get everyone talking about Playstation games.)
-Breath of Fire III
-Digimon World 3
-Final Fantasy 7
-Final Fantasy 8
-Final Fantasy 9
-Spiderman
-Spiderman 2
Trying to keep it as short as possible:

-Valkyrie Profile
-Vampire Savior (Darkstalkers 3)

I believe these two games nailed it like no other in terms of mastering their own style and originality, and perfecting their mechanics. I also have a thing for the Norse mythology and the Dark & Sexy themes, I must say.
-Breath of Fire 3
-Metal Gear Solid.
-Final Fantasy Tactics.

YOU'VE TAKEN MY VIRGINITY AWAY.
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
: Xenogears.
: Crash team racing.
: Tales of Eternia.
: All 3 Crash bandicoot games.
: Valkyrie profile.

Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.
Finally this topic was made.
- Xenogears
- Wild Arms 1 and 2
- BOF3
- Bushido Blade
- Distrega

Cant remember the rest.
I guess the main playstation game for me was Resident Evil (especially 2 and 3). The series started there and I've been a huge fan since. Other than that I didn't really play a whole lot of playstation games (though a number of demos, but I can't really call a game a favourite if I only played a demo now can I?).

But I suppose Final Fantasy 7 was also one of those really influential games on me. So that one's on second place after all those Resident Evils.
I'd have to say...

Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy 9
Legend of Dragoon
Star Ocean: The second story
Valkyrie Profile
Megaman X4
Metal Gear Solid
Chrono Cross
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
- FFVII
- FFVIII
- Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
- Twisted Metal 2
- Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense (don't really remember the 1st one)
- Bust-A-Groove
- Bust-A-Groove 2 <-- please play this
- Crash Bandicoot 3 and Crash Team Racing
- MGS

And a few others...
Everyone should play LSD: Dream Emulator. It's essentially yume nikki in 3D but I guess the low poly aspect makes it even more creepy and unreal. The game's based off of a dream journal kept for over a decade by some staff member of the studio that made it. Even if you think it's the worst game ever it's still worth giving a shot out of novelty's sake.
DE
*click to edit*
Sa-Ga Frontier 1
Valkyrie Profile
Final Fantasy 7
Resident Evil 2
CastleVania: Symphony of the Night

Finishing SGF1 currently, BTW... ALL SEVEN CHAPTERS.
author=Yellow Magic
- Bust-A-Groove 2 <-- please play this

The interesting thing about music games, like Parappa the Rapper and Bust-A-Groove 2 is that nowadays, unless the emulation is absolutely perfect, the game is almost immediately unplayable: I remember trying to play Parappa one time over Connectix Video Game Station - an early emulator made for PowerPC Macs and then later Windows PC that was eventually bought out by sony themselves after a court order- and you just couldn't do it, you cannot play Parappa on this thing.

Visually, the game played perfectly, but there was something else going on, something off screen that made it go out sync. Like in order to play the game right, you'd have to completely ignore the audio and visual cues the games provides you in order to win. The same thing happens during Bust-A-Groove 2; if there's absolutely any kind of slow down during the game, everything would go completely out of sync; it's an absolute nightmare for old music based video games.

Throwing in a couple more.

-Medal of Honor
-Thrasher: Skate and Destroy
-Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

Also, including a link to an excellent write up on a couple games from a company we never played.

Love-de-lic

"...After having participated in the creation of some of the most respected titles for the Super Nintendo, namely Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG as a field designer, Kenichi Nishi felt the desire to find new paths that could lead him to fully realize his creative power. For this reason he invited many of his best friends and most promising co-workers from the Squaresoft group, creators such as Taro Kudo, Akira Ueda and Yoshiro Kimura. Together, a group of nine elements worked for over two years in a highly personal project: Moon RPG Remix Adventure was released in 1997 for the Playstation."

"...Dissimilar to the average RPG, Moon renounces battle sections and leveling up systems focusing, instead, on the intricate bonds we establish in our life and the rewarding love that results from them. The game’s unsettling cover art presents the simple outline of a mysterious character and, below, the words "Fake <-> Real" it seems as though the game was preordained, from the very beginning, to become the whimsical relic it is today."
shitttt I forgot about love de lic. Really hope that moon game gets translated. i tried playing it along some translation walkthrough guide thing but it was hard to keep with and some things weren't super clear so i gave up. it has such an interesting premise and feel.
Adon237
if i had an allowance, i would give it to rmn
FINAL FANTASY 12
CIVILIZATION
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
author=Red
The same thing happens during Bust-A-Groove 2; if there's absolutely any kind of slow down during the game, everything would go completely out of sync; it's an absolute nightmare for old music based video games.

Really? The emulator I use to play BAG works perfectly.
Nightowl
Remember when I actually used to make games? Me neither.
All Crash Bandicoots on PSX
Final Fantasy IX
Battle Hunter
treeghost
a lot better than being a wapanese kiddo
yume nikki in 3D

Yume Nikki is based on LSD. Not LSD on Yume Nikki.

But still it's one of the games I used to play for hours. I even played it 4 hours straight without even a break.

Other PSX Essentials:
Ramen Hashi
THPS2
Resident Evil 1,2,3
Metal Gear Solid
The Granstream Saga
FF 1&2
FF 4&5
FF 6
FF 9
Grandia
Alundra 1&2
Jade Cocoon <3<3<3<3
Dino Crisis 1&2
Street Fighter Alpha 1,2,3
Street Fighter EX
Bloody Roar 1,2
Battle Arena Toshinden 1,2,3,4
Bushido Blade 1,2,3
Tombi 1,2
King of Fighters
Klonoa
Dead or Alive 2
Tekken 3
Shaolin
Breath of Fire 3,4
Rayman
Poy Poy 1,2
Hard Edge
Samurai Deeper Kyo
Akuji
Soul Reaver
Digimon World (so good but also damn hard)
Kula World
Heart of Darkness
Saga Frontier
Persona (all)
Suikoden
Vagrant Story
Wild Arms
Lunar
Azuro Blade
Xenogears
Crono Cross

and I never finished even one of those games.

Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
I don't think you guys understand what "favorite" or "superlative" means.
author=DE
Sa-Ga Frontier 1
Valkyrie Profile
Final Fantasy 7
Resident Evil 2
CastleVania: Symphony of the Night

Finishing SGF1 currently, BTW... ALL SEVEN CHAPTERS.

my nigga
Pages: first 12 next last