For those who wanted something to learn about that Epic Elf 2 game I produced!
I made quite a few cuts to keep the game a little more professional. Some ideas I had didn't quite make it into the final project. Here's what I did;
1) I was gonna make an underwater graveyard level, an outer space level, and a dark realm stage. In the end, I scrapped the ideas. Didn't know where those levels would fit into the quest.
2) I got rid of the "Battle Help" ability (where it displays enemy hints). The game in my opinion was easy enough to figure out. I also cut out the "Flee Battle" ability and used the Fog Bombs you find to avoid enemies that are just in the way.
3) I got rid of all the battle scrolls (found in the first Epic Elf game). I limited the battle items to only healing scrolls. Keepin' it real! The Battle Cards don't exist either.
4) I was gonna have Hex (from the first Epic Elf) become one of the minions in the game. In the end, I figured the four main characters will be enough to get the job done.
5) The final boss was also gonna be a different foe altogether. But I'm happy with the one I ended up using. The 'Giant Squid' boss was also cut out.
6) I was gonna make more side quests to tie up some of the cliffhangers; but decided to hold off on 'em if I decide to make Epic Elf 3. So that's one of the reasons why the first Epic Elf was much longer. I'm not gonna make an Epic Elf 2 Epic Edition; maybe just an expansion that you can use your old save file with.
That's about all I can think of for now. Did anyone beat this game yet?!?!
Not me. I'm stuck on a few things... one or two hints maybe? :)
***** SPOILERS ******* * * * * * Spell Scrolls: (EDIT one down) Huh. Never had that status attack hit me before.
10+10+10 = spell I guessed this required THREE characters of level 10. What I have is TWO characters who are level 10, one minion who is level 10 and one more character who is level 7. Should I just keep level grinding?
(EDITx2 Two down) Mimics give you the flu, huh? * * * * * ***** SPOILERS *******