WHAT ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT RIGHT NOW?

InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
We are here for you, piano! My grandma has been through the same thing, two strokes now. So the family is taking turns looking after her.
Yeah, strokes suck. I hope he manages to come out of it okay.
woow why did i read this thread

edit: I was referring to 4-5 pages ago
strength, piano! D,:
Frogge
I wanna marry ALL the boys!! And Donna is a meanc
A stroke? Isn't that like when you suddenly have a slight pain in your back and such?

''an act of hitting or striking someone or something; a blow.''

I still don't get it, but hang in there piano :\
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
author=Frogge
A stroke? Isn't that like when you suddenly have a slight pain in your back and such?
''an act of hitting or striking someone or something; a blow.''
I still don't get it, but hang in there piano :\

https://www.stroke.org.uk/what-stroke/what-stroke
Not quite, it's a really bad really sudden scary thing that can be life threatening.

I hope he comes out of it okay, good luck Pianodad!
Sounds like these have been a couple rough months for you pianotm.
I hope your father makes a full recovery!
pianotm
The TM is for Totally Magical.
Update: the doctors have finally given a full prognosis. The stroke was tiny so he's going to make a full recovery, and no long-term damage is expected. However, this was probably caused by uncontrolled diabetes (he hasn't been able to afford his insulin), and there were other problems caused by that, including a swollen heart and deterioration in the left eye. They say this can all be corrected by Monday at the latest.

He started having trouble walking, but he passed all the stroke symptom checks (his face didn't sag--he smiled evenly--he had full ability to control arm position--his eyes followed moving objects). Finally, his vertigo got so bad he had to go into the hospital. MRI found it; a blood clot in the brain caused it. All of it caused by uncontrolled blood sugar.

Thank you everyone.
That's great! Also awful that he can't afford life saving medicine like insulin, It's an atrocity that something that can make huge improvements in so many people's health is unaffordable in this day and age.
pianotm
Yeah, he can't find it for under 200 dollars for a prescription. He hasn't been able to get it for over a month because of my medical expenses (yeah, in this society, you also get to choose which of your family can get medicine and which can't. Yay. -_-). When his vertigo started, he went to his doctor (who of course doesn't have internal scanning equipment) and he said the problem was from the eye deterioration from diabetes. He got all of his samples and gave my dad a three month supply.
Jesus, that's fucking bullshit. I hope your family finds a way so everybody can get the meds and treatment they need!
Marrend
Guardian of the Description Thread
@piano: Whew! That's a small relief!

Aside: I, uh, guess I joined the Slack legion today?

Gotta procrastinate even harder!

Wait, that's not the right character/quote!
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
@Piano Best of luck to your dad pal! Worst case scenario, you come over to my country, the insulin is cheaper here. Come to think of it, I have a friend who's grandparents get over here when they have to go to the dentist, because it's cheaper for them to visit here and get it done than to do it in canada.

What are your guys' thoughts on self-advertising? I always feel like I'm being an attention grabbing whore whenever I advertise any of my projects. I think I'm too humble with advertising ma games. :/
Glad to hear he'll be all right piano, though messed up on the medicine situation.

Turn that character into millenia and see if that works better marrend. You need the dark side.

Edit: Nothing wrong with self-advertising in my opinion.
Far out. I can't imagine how demoralizing it must be to have to choose which family member gets treatment rather than have it all available to you for a much more affordable price. That is just horrible.

Glad to hear your father has survived!
Kloe
I lost my arms in a tragic chibi accident
I'm glad to hear he's mostly okay... I hope you two both get well soon Piano + Pianodad!
Mirak
Stand back. Artist at work. I paint with enthusiasm if not with talent.
I wish your dad and you a swift recovery piano.
author=OzzyTheOne
What are your guys' thoughts on self-advertising? I always feel like I'm being an attention grabbing whore whenever I advertise any of my projects. I think I'm too humble with advertising ma games. :/
As long as you're not the type of person who joins a forum only to advertise your game and then not post ever again...
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Mirak
As long as you're not the type of person who joins a forum only to advertise your game and then not post ever again...

Oh, I think I've posted too much to count among those people, I think I should start to shamelessly advertise my games. (Not that talking about advertising games already is adertisement, in a sense)
Vandriette
"The purpose of life is to end." -Agent Smith
I don't tend(or atleast willingly) advert my games, I tend to either let it advertise itself or hope other people find it

I'm not good with tumblr or twitter, but other games became successful that way
OzzyTheOne
Future Ruler of Gam Mak
author=Phantasmi
I don't tend(or atleast willingly) advert my games, I tend to either let it advertise itself or hope other people find it

I'm not good with tumblr or twitter, but other games became successful that way

I know how you feel, I also like for my creations to just become famous on their own. The 4.5 days that "Night of The Serpent" was among the top 10 buzzing games was quite a happy time for me. :P
pianotm
Did anyone watch the Fox version of Rocky Horror Picture Show, tonight?

It hooked me with what was probably the best performance of Science Fiction Double Feature I've ever seen, and then it totally disappointed me with a high school grade performance for the rest of the presentation. I mostly enjoyed it because I was watching it without trying to judge against the original, but it really was a Disney Channel quality production. Also, at first, I liked the way they acknowledged the cult following at first by having the theater audience doing some of the callbacks, but it pretty quickly seemed idiotic and actually served to wreck several of the scenes.